Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little question here...

I was EV Training my Gyarados so that it would have 192 HP at level 50 (divisible by 16), and I calculated that I would need 176 Effort Values to reach that number (following the notion that 8 Effort Values is equal to one stat point at level 50).

I went about battling until I got to 170, and then I used a +4 Super Training Exercise. At this point it hit 192 HP, so I didn't need to add the 2 extra Values.

The only thing I can think of is that despite saying I earned 4 Effort Values, it gave me 8 because Gyarados has Pokerus.

Thoughts?

I was EV Training my Gyarados so that it would have 192 HP at level 50 (divisible by 16), and I calculated that I would need 176 Effort Values to reach that number (following the notion that 8 Effort Values is equal to one stat point at level 50).
Maybe it's because if you have 31HP IV you need only 172 EV to reach 192HP

Is there a pokemon that solos the Elite Four well? I know you can do it with a group of pokemon, but i want one to do it all (so I can use xp share for the other 5).

Looking for something like:

Trainer 1: Water/Rock
Trainer 2: Fire/Water
Trainer 3: Ice/Dragon/Fairy
Trainer 4: Electric/Grass

It's a wide array of types, but it was possible last gen with Gallade. Thanks all

https://twitter.com/smealum that was the guy who did it from what I can understand. I did ask if he could show off the status screens, but haven't gotten an answer yet.
Between his French and English posts, he seems to have been modding his 3DS directly, and his console is "between living and dying" - he seems to have somewhat broken it in some way, his... "soldering iron"? Whatever that is. That's English, so it's not some weird French term that translates poorly into English or anything.
And there's no status screen, but... Diancie, I think it is? [Dance-y and Hooper/Hoopa, huh? I see a theme, maybe with Meloetta...] in Pokemon Amie in case you didn't see it:

Definitely looks like the Rock/Fairy that it was rumoured to be.

Maybe it's because if you have 31HP IV you need only 172 EV to reach 192HP
You're correct, it does have a 31 in HP, but I still don't understand how that affects the calculations. I looked at his level 50 HP number (170 hit points uninvested with a 31 in HP) and wanted to add 22 stat points to that.

Between his French and English posts, he seems to have been modding his 3DS directly, and his console is "between living and dying" - he seems to have somewhat broken it in some way, his... "soldering iron"? Whatever that is. That's English, so it's not some weird French term that translates poorly into English or anything.
And there's no status screen, but... Diancie, I think it is? [Dance-y and Hooper/Hoopa, huh? I see a theme, maybe with Meloetta...] in Pokemon Amie in case you didn't see it:

Definitely looks like the Rock/Fairy that it was rumoured to be.
Ah so hide hides stuff. Ok.

Well, more pictures have shown up. A special looking FLoette(haven't beaten game, but people are saying it's AZ's floette, whoever that is, as well as 2 new Vivillion forms, and the Water/Fire attacking.

Someone needs to get a picture of stats and ability and moves... I hope he posts that stuff soon.

And that rock/Fairy is freaking ADORABLE!

Could someone confirm that Staraptor has gale wings as an ability. I encountered it in the battle institute, and feather dance was used before my scizors bullet punch.

I'm going to catch Zygarde, but I really don't know which nature I should run, niether which moveset.
I guess I have two different paths:
1) dragon dance
2) coil
Is it safe to say that every SAtt drop nature would be fine?
Is an Impish nature redundant in a coil set and should I ran careful instead?

Does anyone know how a ditto with imposter reacts to a mega evolution?
It copies the Mega Pokemon.

Anyone know what Pokemon learn Stealth Rock by level-up? I'm looking to breed a Mamoswine with Stealth Rock. I know Tyrunt learns it, but he doesn't share an egg group.

Can I use the Friend Safari without being registered by the other person?
No, you can't. The safari only shows up if the other person is a registered friend, which requires both of you adding each other. If you only add them, they're considered provisional until they add you back.

Anyone know what Pokemon learn Stealth Rock by level-up? I'm looking to breed a Mamoswine with Stealth Rock. I know Tyrunt learns it, but he doesn't share an egg group.
I bred a Mamoswine with egg moves using Smeargle, since they're both in the Field egg group. Teach the Smeargle Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash as a male parent and breed with Swinub/Piloswine.

I checked serebii before posting, so does battle institute use illegal abilities or does feather dance get priority now?
It's possible that either they didn't notice if Feather Dance had a priority change, or that they simply brought over the data of Reckless for Staraptor from 5th gen, not knowing that it became Gale Wings in 6th. I might run some Feather Dance tests now.

Edit: Level 21 Ducklett that learned Feather Dance vs. level 47 wild Shelmet. The Shelmet used Body Slam first, and then my Ducklett used Feather Dance. If you're positive you used Bullet Punch against that Staraptor, then it's looking like its hidden ability might be Gale Wings.

Last edited:

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to catch Zygarde, but I really don't know which nature I should run, niether which moveset.
1) dragon dance
2) coil
With Dragon Dance, you preferred nature would be Adamant and Jolly nature, as defensive natures are quite less useful to it unless you were running a defensive Dragon Dance set. As for the Coil set, a Careful nature is preferred with maximized HP and Special Defense, as it gives Zygarde protection against special attacks, and Zygarde is already quite physically bulky already.

I'm considering on creating a thread here to discuss Mamoswine, since I haven't seen any thread dedicated to him for this gen. Just want to make sure if there was a thread I was unaware about, before the one I make gets locked. Or if there is already someone making a thread for him. Thanks.

It's possible that either they didn't notice if Feather Dance had a priority change, or that they simply brought over the data of Reckless for Staraptor from 5th gen, not knowing that it became Gale Wings in 6th. I might run some Feather Dance tests now.

Edit: Level 21 Ducklett that learned Feather Dance vs. level 47 wild Shelmet. The Shelmet used Body Slam first, and then my Ducklett used Feather Dance. If you're positive you used Bullet Punch against that Staraptor, then it's looking like its hidden ability might be Gale Wings.
Im 100% positive, 1st turn was staraptor quick attack and scizor bp I did ~55-60% next turn feather dance was used before bp, and I had to 3 ko. unfortunately 3rd turn was another quick attack and not a flying type move, so I had no chance to confirm gale wings for myself. But, without a doubt staraptor FD had prority.

Still looking to thin my herd of 4 IV scyther/5 IV cleffa spitbacks

need Charizardite X/M2nite X/Tyranitarite/Manectrite

Is there thread for adding people for Friend Safari reasons? Cuz I really want more zones. If there is none, then I'll bait with my Fire Type safari zone, which is full of Gale wing Fletchinder'S!

Thanks in advance :D.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When will usage stats be released and lower tiers get set up?

1) dragon dance
2) coil
Adamant if bulky offensive Coil, Jolly if straight-up offensive DD. Every SpA drop nature would be fine I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)