You butterfree up your schedule...(Sandstorm Team)

.....Cause Ima bedrill-ing you all night.

Welcome to the RMT

This is a sandstorm team but is not as traditional as most sandstorm teams are

Many teams are often built around a single member of the team. I however have never built pokemon teams like this, I believe a team should work together in all situations and everyone should be covering everyone else's weakness. This team is not as "traditional" as other sandstorm teams right now because I use a couple different pokemon and do not use excadrill. This is the team, if you scroll down you can see all their descriptions and sets in detail, enjoy! Why no excadrill? Well everyone brings a counter to him now so I considered options and they have worked out.

Changes to the team will be in Red

The Team

The Lead

Tyra Banks
Tyranitar@Choice Band
Ability:Sandstream
Nature:Adamant
EVS:252HP/36Atk/220SpD
Moveset-
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
-Stone Edge

Tyranitar, almost always the lead for my team. Tyranitar's goal in the match is to hit things very hard and also have the durability to set up sandstorm when needed throughout the match. Tyranitar is also very effective at pursuit trapping psychic and ghost types. Superpower is chosen over aqua tail as it hits Ferrothorn harder than anything else, It also hits common steel types who think they can switch into tyranitar without problems amazingly hard. I am looking for an EV spread that will let Superpower 1HKO standard ferrothorn while remaining as bulky as possible. Choice Band tyranitar has some amazing power and not many people suspect choice band because he is such a versatile pokemon. I am considering fire punch over superpower possibly.

Team Synergy
Fighting:Gliscor,Landorus
Ground:Gliscor,Landorus
Water:Rotom-W,Ferrothorn
Grass:Ferrothorn,Heatran
Bug:Heatran,Gliscor,Landorus
Steel:Heatran,Ferrothorn,Rotom-W

The Sand Abuser

BitchSLAP
Landorus@Choice Scarf
Ability:Sand Force
Nature:Adamant
EVS:252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Moveset-
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Hammer Arm

This Landorus set was changed from a Rock Polish to a choice Scarf set. Choice scard landorus in the Sand is a very effective Revenge Killer and abuser of the sand because his primary STAB Earthquake gets a boost along with Stone Edge. Landorus can preform as a scout with the move U-Turn and give me switch advantage. Landorus can run many different sets and people are often forgetful of scarfed variants. Landorus has decent resistances and hits many pokemon hard when he needs to. Hammer Arm is chosen over outrage because I do not want to lock Landorus into outrage for death fodder after he has revenge killed what he is supposed to kill. Rotom-W loves to take the moves that Landorus does not.

Team Synergy
Ice:Rotom-W,Heatran

My Goose is Gettin Cooked

Firebat
Heatran@Life Orb
Ability:Flash Fire
Nature:Modest
EVS:252SpA/252Spe/4Def
Moveset-
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power(Ice)
-Stealth Rock

Heatran is a very crucial member of my team. I could find few pokemon with what heatran could bring to the table. Heatran has the task of setting stealth rocks for my team and is very rarely my lead. Heatran is my counter to the pokemon who wall landorus, mostly steel types and also takes grass and ice attacks for the team exceptionally well. I use life orb on heatran as it gets a real boost in power, I do not see a reason to run HP ice on heatran so I run dragon pulse as it hits the dragon switch in's harder and fire blast can OHKO most gliscor's although I have not ran calcs. Heatran provides key resistances to the team and is one of the few pokemon with special attacks on the team which is greaty appreciated.

Team Synergy
Ground:Landorus,Gliscor.
Fighting:Landorus,Gliscor

The Team's Mother

WashYoFACE
Rotom-W@Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Bold
EVS:252HP/108Def/144Spe
Moveset-
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Rotom-W has taken the place of vaporeon for several reasons. Wish support is not needed by the team and Rotom covers one of my weaknesses to Mamoswine really nicely. Rotom-W's natural bulk is really taken advantage of with this set while managing to still inflict some good damage. Will-O-Wisp is used over HP Fire or ice to cripple certain pokemon because Heatran is usually in charge of countering those types of pokemon. Pain Split is the only recovery move Rotom-W has besides leftovers. Rotom-W has only one weakness, grass which my team really does not have a problem handling. Rotom-W has added a great versatility to the team and more offensive presence. His main goal on the team is to sponge the Ice and Water attacks that the other members of the team don't like and pain split the damage off so he can do it again. The EV spread is kind of weird on this set but it seems to be working for what it is supposed to do. why is Rotom-W the team's mom, well Rotom takes the moves no one else wants to take and then after the battle, does the laundry.

Team Synergy
Grass:Ferrothorn,Heatran

The Counter

Zubat'sDad
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Ability:Poison Heal
Nature:Impish
EVS:252HP/180Def/76SpD
Moveset-
-Swords Dance
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Gliscor is my primary physical wall for this team and is a counter to a couple pokemon who can destroy this team. Gliscor counter's excadrill who otherwise kills this entire team, Gliscor also counters Conkeldurr who can also wreak havoc on this team. Landorus also resists fighting moves but he doesn't have the same bulk or recovery gliscor has to offer. Gliscor also has the job of killing certain variants of scizor, if they do not carry a fighting move heatran is the perfect counter, if they do gliscor is doing the job. Gliscor is named the counter because sometimes half the game is him countering the opponents pokemon. I use protect over taunt because it has saved my life with poison heal recovery several times and swords dance also gets gliscor some kills if the opportunity arises.

Team Synergy
Ice:Rotom-W,Heatran

The....Glue?

Vine Job
Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Ability:Iron Barbs
Nature:Relaxed
EVS:252HP/48Def/208SpD
Moveset-
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed
-Spikes

Ferrothorn is the pokemon who connects this team and makes everything easier. Ferrothorn is often the pokemon taking electric moves or really any move he is neutral to. Ferrothorn is my primary counter to bulky water pokemon as he is the only pokemon who likes switching in on them. Starmie without ferrothorn is a huge annoyance to this team. Ferrothorn is also very good against enemy rain teams and certain sweepers, his only two weaknesses (Fire and Fighting) are already handled very nice by other members of the team. Setting up spikes when possible is very helpful to the team as vaporeon has access to roar and can rack up a lot of entry hazard damage. Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball's and Power Whip's actually pack a punch and wish support gives him more time to attack and lets him spend less time leech seeding.

Team Synergy
Fire:Heatran,Rotom-W
FightingGliscor,Landorus

Thank you for reading this RMT, I would highly appreciate any advice you have to offer this team. be it a new member or moveset.

+1 If you get Heatran name reference, will add a team building process if this RMT gets a decent number of responses. Currently this team has no huge weaknesses I can see but Bronzong and Mixape are currently annoying to the team.

Firebat... from starcraft?

uhh anyways, seems like an interesting team. Bulky-ish waters will eat your team alive if ferrthorn dies, Rotom-w in particular. Just be careful of the odd magnezone (maybe shed shell, but its rare enough that lefties are probably still better).

Firebat... from starcraft?

uhh anyways, seems like an interesting team. Bulky-ish waters will eat your team alive if ferrthorn dies, Rotom-w in particular. Just be careful of the odd magnezone (maybe shed shell, but its rare enough that lefties are probably still better).
Yeah ferrothorn is reserved exclusively for bulky waters if they are on the opponents team so he doesn't get sent out unless they do. As for magnezone I have not had much trouble because predicting the magnezone switch in is pretty obvious and ttar/heatran can handle magnezone really well.

The NNs are funny!

Tyranitar - This looks like a good set for a Banded Tyranitar! I see this EV spread is taken from the analysis but you have decided to replace Aqua Tail for Superpower. I like this decision as it gets rid of and deals massage if not KOs many popular Steel OU Pokemon such as Ferrothorn. Fire Punch is a good idea as it is 4x effective on Ferrothorns but not as much power on other neutral steel types weak to Superpower. In my opinion is to try out Fire Punch as it could be a better option than Superpower because it does not have the downside of lowering attack and defense. The only real issue I have with your TTar is really just a minor mistake when writing up his Ability. His ability is Sand Stream, not Sandstorm but other than that nice Pokemon!

---

Landorus - This Landorus set is nice, but I think there is a potentially better one. With Landorus' ability, Sand Force, its Ground, Rock, and Steel moves are increased by 33% in a Sandstorm as you obviously already know. But his speed and bulkiness are not the best. And especially with its 4x weakness to Ice, it is really not guaranteed to live long enough to set up with one Rock Polish. I recommend switching over to a Choice Scarf set like this:

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Outrage / Hammer Atm

With this Choice Scarf set you can deal a ton of damage, fast! It can prove more useful than a Rock Polish set as it can attack and just eliminate the opponent. If you go against a Landorus strong Pokemon, just use U-turn to get out of there for a Landorus counter counter. This set should be worth a try.

---

Heatran - The only issue I have with Heatran is the move Fire Blast. Yes, it is a very powerful STAB Fire attack, but its accuracy may hurt you in a crucial situation. The obvious substitution for Fire Blast would be Flamethrower and that may be more helpful accuracy-wise. Definitely give Flamethrower a try as it can be a good improvement to your Heatran!

---

Vaporeon - Your Vaporeon looks real good and very bulky and I have nothing to say about it!

---

Gliscor - I'm wondering why you have both a Toxic Orb and Leftovers equipped to Gliscor but definitely just stick with the Toxic Orb. It does do basically the same exact thing as Lefties while using Gliscor's ability Toxic Heal, but it then gives you the immunity to any Status conditions. Other than that minor issue, it looks good overall!

---

Ferrothorn - Your Ferrothorn looks pretty basic all around but I have one small issue. I like your overall moveset but instead of Gyro Ball, give Ferrothorn Protect to take advantage of the Leech Seed you just put up against your opponent. And even if you didn't set up the seeds, you can still stall some time and regain some HP with your Leftovers!

---

Your team - Your team looks very nice overall, but I see a MixApe weakness. 1/2 of your team is weak to Fighting attacks and Fire and if the Infernape carries HP Ice, then 4/6 or 2/3 of your team is weak to it. You do have Vaporeon as a good counter but then again your Scarfed Landorus (if you decide to use it) could take care of the job. All in all good team and I hope this rate helped a lot!

The NNs are funny!

Tyranitar - This looks like a good set for a Banded Tyranitar! I see this EV spread is taken from the analysis but you have decided to replace Aqua Tail for Superpower. I like this decision as it gets rid of and deals massage if not KOs many popular Steel OU Pokemon such as Ferrothorn. Fire Punch is a good idea as it is 4x effective on Ferrothorns but not as much power on other neutral steel types weak to Superpower. In my opinion is to try out Fire Punch as it could be a better option than Superpower because it does not have the downside of lowering attack and defense. The only real issue I have with your TTar is really just a minor mistake when writing up his Ability. His ability is Sand Stream, not Sandstorm but other than that nice Pokemon!

---

Landorus - This Landorus set is nice, but I think there is a potentially better one. With Landorus' ability, Sand Force, its Ground, Rock, and Steel moves are increased by 33% in a Sandstorm as you obviously already know. But his speed and bulkiness are not the best. And especially with its 4x weakness to Ice, it is really not guaranteed to live long enough to set up with one Rock Polish. I recommend switching over to a Choice Scarf set like this:

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Outrage / Hammer Atm

With this Choice Scarf set you can deal a ton of damage, fast! It can prove more useful than a Rock Polish set as it can attack and just eliminate the opponent. If you go against a Landorus strong Pokemon, just use U-turn to get out of there for a Landorus counter counter. This set should be worth a try.

---

Heatran - The only issue I have with Heatran is the move Fire Blast. Yes, it is a very powerful STAB Fire attack, but its accuracy may hurt you in a crucial situation. The obvious substitution for Fire Blast would be Flamethrower and that may be more helpful accuracy-wise. Definitely give Flamethrower a try as it can be a good improvement to your Heatran!

---

Vaporeon - Your Vaporeon looks real good and very bulky and I have nothing to say about it!

---

Gliscor - I'm wondering why you have both a Toxic Orb and Leftovers equipped to Gliscor but definitely just stick with the Toxic Orb. It does do basically the same exact thing as Lefties while using Gliscor's ability Toxic Heal, but it then gives you the immunity to any Status conditions. Other than that minor issue, it looks good overall!

---

Ferrothorn - Your Ferrothorn looks pretty basic all around but I have one small issue. I like your overall moveset but instead of Gyro Ball, give Ferrothorn Protect to take advantage of the Leech Seed you just put up against your opponent. And even if you didn't set up the seeds, you can still stall some time and regain some HP with your Leftovers!

---

Your team - Your team looks very nice overall, but I see a MixApe weakness. 1/2 of your team is weak to Fighting attacks and Fire and if the Infernape carries HP Ice, then 4/6 or 2/3 of your team is weak to it. You do have Vaporeon as a good counter but then again your Scarfed Landorus (if you decide to use it) could take care of the job. All in all good team and I hope this rate helped a lot!
Wow thanks a lot for the rate man I really appreciate it, never have I got one so detalied. I really like your suggestion for scarfed Landorus thanks a lot I will use it. Oh yeah I guess I had some typos for abilities and items I will definitely fix those. I also really like your suggestion for protect on ferrothorn, I think it could prove useful in certain situations I will definitely test it out. Heatran however is very difficult to chose from. Fire blast has the necessary power to kill certain pokemon but the drop in power is certainly noticable, for every miss fire blast has given me I think it has given me more wins, I was going to use maga storm but that had even worse accuracy.

Once again thanks for the rate, I really appreciate it, will make the changes now.

I definitely agree that Rotom-W is a big problem, especially if they're clever and use Hidden Power as you bring Ferrothorn in. You have a great Fire/Water/Grass core, but the other half of your team is weak to Water which really fucks up your synergy. Even when reading your descriptions, five of your Pokes list Vaporeon to cover their weaknesses, meaning if Vaporeon dies, you're going to be weak to a whole slew of threats (namely bulky Waters like Rotom-W and Slowbro). Why not LO Roost or Trick Scarf Latios over Landorus? It doesn't care at all what Rotom-W throws at it, and it gives you another nice Politoed switch when you anticipate a Hydro Pump. Even though it's weak to Ice, Ice-type attacks aren't really common and between Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Vaporeon, you have most of them covered. The only reason why I suggest Scarf is that you could have some trouble with things like a +1 Salamence, but LO is good too if you want the freedom to switch moves. Also helps a bit against Infernape.

Speaking of which, the one Ice-type that's going to screw you over big time is Mamoswine. Ice Shard and Earthquake will OHKO or 2HKO every single thing on your team besides Vaporeon, but Vaporeon needs to be in pristine condition to take it on. Although I'm inclined to suggest Jellicent in Vaporeon's place to block Rapid Spin, I think you could make great use of a Rotom-W of your own. It covers your Mamoswine weakness quite well, and gives you further insurance against other Rotom-W and Slowbro. Your team doesn't really need Wish support that badly, considering Gliscor and Ferrothorn can keep their HP really high with Poison Heal and Leech Seed respectively, while your sand sweepers don't really have time to receive a Wish in most cases. You can try either Modest or Bold Rotom-W depending on how much abuse you want it to take. I would definitely go with Will-O-Wisp over Hidden Power Fire though, since Heatran should be the one dealing with opposing Ferrothorn and Scizor.

I would definitely go with Hidden Power Ice over Dragon Pulse on Heatran, because it hits Dragonite and Salamence harder, while Haxorus and Sazandora take a boat load from HP Ice. Latios and Latias will outstall you with Roost regardless, and if they don't have it then HP Ice will hit them for a good chunk of damage. I think the ability to one shot Gliscor without having to rely on Fire Blast's shaky accuracy is reason enough to use it anyways. On Gliscor, you should really shift those 72 SpD EVs to Speed, because if you end up encountering a max Speed Adamant Breloom, you won't be able to Taunt it before it Leech Seeds, which will undoubtably give you headaches.

EDIT: Yeah Latios would go over Landorus, and Rotom-W would go over Vaporeon. Here's the Rotom-W set. EVs seem a little weird, but it's enough to outpace Tyranitar and Breloom, and also enough bulk to take whatever Mamoswine tries to throw at you:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I definitely agree that Rotom-W is a big problem, especially if they're clever and use Hidden Power as you bring Ferrothorn in. You have a great Fire/Water/Grass core, but the other half of your team is weak to Water which really fucks up your synergy. Even when reading your descriptions, five of your Pokes list Vaporeon to cover their weaknesses, meaning if Vaporeon dies, you're going to be weak to a whole slew of threats (namely bulky Waters like Rotom-W and Slowbro). Why not LO Roost or Trick Scarf Latios over Landorus? It doesn't care at all what Rotom-W throws at it, and it gives you another nice Politoed switch when you anticipate a Hydro Pump. Even though it's weak to Ice, Ice-type attacks aren't really common and between Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Vaporeon, you have most of them covered. The only reason why I suggest Scarf is that you could have some trouble with things like a +1 Salamence, but LO is good too if you want the freedom to switch moves. Also helps a bit against Infernape.

Speaking of which, the one Ice-type that's going to screw you over big time is Mamoswine. Ice Shard and Earthquake will OHKO or 2HKO every single thing on your team besides Vaporeon, but Vaporeon needs to be in pristine condition to take it on. Although I'm inclined to suggest Jellicent in Vaporeon's place to block Rapid Spin, I think you could make great use of a Rotom-W of your own. It covers your Mamoswine weakness quite well, and gives you further insurance against other Rotom-W and Slowbro. Your team doesn't really need Wish support that badly, considering Gliscor and Ferrothorn can keep their HP really high with Poison Heal and Leech Seed respectively, while your sand sweepers don't really have time to receive a Wish in most cases. You can try either Modest or Bold Rotom-W depending on how much abuse you want it to take. I would definitely go with Will-O-Wisp over Hidden Power Fire though, since Heatran should be the one dealing with opposing Ferrothorn and Scizor.

I would definitely go with Hidden Power Ice over Dragon Pulse on Heatran, because it hits Dragonite and Salamence harder, while Haxorus and Sazandora take a boat load from HP Ice. Latios and Latias will outstall you with Roost regardless, and if they don't have it then HP Ice will hit them for a good chunk of damage. I think the ability to one shot Gliscor without having to rely on Fire Blast's shaky accuracy is reason enough to use it anyways. On Gliscor, you should really shift those 72 SpD EVs to Speed, because if you end up encountering a max Speed Adamant Breloom, you won't be able to Taunt it before it Leech Seeds, which will undoubtably give you headaches.
Thanks a lot for the rate man, I know that my team is weak to water are you suggesting I should just kind or drop going for weather abuse and have ttar just focus on setting up weather to the opponent does not get their's up? I will definitely put HP Ice on Heatran as it does sound like a better option now that you mention it. Slowbro is actually quite the annoyance for this team and I have not played a mamoswine but it looks like it could be very hard to play against if vaporeon is not at prime HP like you said. So if I were to take landorus off for a specs or scarf latios who would I take off for Rotom-W?

I guess I would take off vaporeon since my team doesn't really rely on wish it is just a nice thing to have in some situations. Rotom-W definitely would help with my mamoswine/ice attack problem. I would probably be interested in running a more bulky Rotom-W aimed on the physical side similar to Vaporeon. Could you suggest me any sets it would be greatly appreciated

Very well put together team I should say!

My one gripe with it I would say is vaporeon.

I would try a standard bullet punch sciscor. It resists grass and has U turn, and you can always throw out heatran and Ttar to absorb fire anyway, Over all Scisor has better bulk, packs way more punch, and allows revenge killing/sniping to become very common.

Very well put together team I should say!

My one gripe with it I would say is vaporeon.

I would try a standard bullet punch sciscor. It resists grass and has U turn, and you can always throw out heatran and Ttar to absorb fire anyway, Over all Scisor has better bulk, packs way more punch, and allows revenge killing/sniping to become very common.
Yeah people are not liking the vaporeon and he doesn't actually do to much in the battle anyways now that I think about it haha. I'm actually trying out the Rotom-W set that iconic suggested and is seems to be looking a lot better so I will add it into the analyses in a bit. The spot that vaporeon has is mainly to resist Ice/Water so the pokemon in that spot has to resist ice and water :P.

Where's the Excadrill? I've found that on SS teams CB Ttar or Hippo/Landorus/Excadrill breaks through any stall, and each are very good on their own.

Where's the Excadrill? I've found that on SS teams CB Ttar or Hippo/Landorus/Excadrill breaks through any stall, and each are very good on their own.
I don't really see any room for excadrill on the team and everyone carries a counter now a day. The main stall breaker is tyranitar and Landorus and they seem to work fine. I am not sure about the Rotom-W sets right now, I am looking to put some speed EVs in Gliscor to otuspeed certain things if it works out. Will update the post now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)