You have a choice, 1 choice...

Lol. Nice to see you getting ideas for MY tournament.

People, let me tell you the banned stuff.

Blissey isn't allowed.
Focus Sash isn't allowed.
Choice items won't be allowed after the first round is finished, and you need to use the same Pokémon every time, so that'll take out things that only work well with Choice stuff.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kangaskhan @ Focus Sash
Early Bird
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Return
Ice Punch

The idea here is basically Fake Out to remove Focus Sash from the foe. Sucker Punch Ghosts, use Ice Punch on 4x weaks and Return on everything else.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Mixed Walling Spread
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Only have to worry about Herracross/Tyranitar/Weavile really...

I'd use Shedinja. You either have something to kill it or you don't. But it's a lot less stressful then try to counter every single situational thing ever known to man kind. At least with Shedinja you've already eliminate the situations of status other than sleep, since not many people will use Toxic/Will-O-Wisp. The usage of Leech Seed is even less. You can pretty much cancel out Abomasnow/Tyranitar/Hippowdon as most people would probably think "oh too many people are using fighting moves" and Hippowdon doesn't do shit anyways. Spikes/Stealth Rock will never be an issue. So since there's a lack of Flying, Dark and Rock moves for this, all you're really worrying about is them having a ghost or fire move. I'd say you have a pretty good chance.

ahhah, wicked. Diety makes a thread about this to win an ONM tourney. I'd say anything bulky enough to take a hit and set-up (if needed) or something strong and fast would get the kill. Gyara and Weavile come to mind respectively.

Heracross @ Scarf
Adamant - 4HP/ 252A/ 252Spd
-Night Slash
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge

-or-

Yanmega @ Wide Lens
Speed Boost
-Hypnosis
-HP Ice
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz

Go bugs ^_^

Smeargle @ Focus sash
Jolly, 255 Attack/255 Speed
Spore
Endeavor
Shadow Sneak
Seismic Toss/Extremespeed

If they're faster, you take the hit (pray that there is a hit to take), Spore, Endeavor, sneak attack (unless they're Normal, where you toss them instead and PRAY they don't wake).

If they're slower, either toss them and take the hit and go as above, or Spore them, keep tossing them (Endeavor if they have high HP) until they die or you get hit, whichever comes first.

If you use Extremespeed then you'll do better against faster Normals (Porygon-Z? Furret?) or things with big HP/low def (Blissey) and worse against slower Normal resists (Rhyperior lol) or things with small HP/high def (Shuckle).

BTW, this is basically the same thing as that piece of shit called "FEAR", except with Smeargle instead of Ratatta and thus a better movepool.

Yanmega@ Scarf
Modest
252 SATK/ 252 SPD / 6HP
Tinted lens

Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting

:)
With TL it hits just about everything SE

BTW sandstream doesn't beat Counter-sashers unless they stall a turn beforehand.

Basically you attack, activate their focus sash, they use counter, KO you, match over, no sandstream.

Lol. Nice to see you getting ideas for MY tournament.

People, let me tell you the banned stuff.

Blissey isn't allowed.
Focus Sash isn't allowed.
Choice items won't be allowed after the first round is finished, and you need to use the same Pokémon every time, so that'll take out things that only work well with Choice stuff.
Using all of these outlines, i think i have a good idea on who i'd use. wont say anything, for fear that everyone will know if this happens ;p

btw ffmaster, that wont work if focus sash is banned...

I honestly think that we should have this tournament. It'd provide a very interesting new look at what sets people would use when forced to have one guy against anybody else in the game, plus I've got an awesome idea that i think would rape...but mostly cause it looks new and exciting.

This would be an insanely wicked tournament idea, I'd want in.

I would probably use toxi-stall Vaporeon btw. (enough to take a hit, toxic, wish; for steels, surf.) But I doubt we'd see many steels.

Gengar. It can do a lot, and then if all hope is lost, it can Explode and end the match in a tie.
we'd have to implement the self-KO clause, ties would be way too easy to get (just a quick explosion in most cases) and they wouldnt get us anywhere...unless both contestants moved on. Then...well yea, we arent getting anywhere ._.

TaiwaneseDude said:
I would probably use toxi-stall Vaporeon btw. (enough to take a hit, toxic, wish; for steels, surf.) But I doubt we'd see many steels.
I thought of the same thing and it wouldnt really work. walled too easily by walls...resttalk cress, rest/calm mind suicune, pretty much anything with rest/that can heal status that can also take a hit. Then again, who would use a single wall against the entire metagame? There is no single unifying wall of greatness, blissey is the closest thing and even she has several downfalls. Kinda sucks, since i love playing defensively ;/
Ok, so, basically if everyone has the same mindset as me, then you're good to go..then again, you obviously wouldnt, since you're using a wall....too much to think about...aright, forget i said anything, im confusing.

but then again, i love my guy that im thinkin of. Only "walled" by calm mind cresselia, but like i said who would use a wall when it cant counter everything?...so im good =)

I say we have this tournament!

I thought of the same thing and it wouldnt really work. walled too easily by walls...resttalk cress, rest/calm mind suicune, pretty much anything with rest/that can heal status that can also take a hit. Then again, who would use a single wall against the entire metagame? There is no single unifying wall of greatness, blissey is the closest thing and even she has several downfalls. Kinda sucks, since i love playing defensively ;/
Ok, so, basically if everyone has the same mindset as me, then you're good to go..then again, you obviously wouldnt, since you're using a wall....too much to think about...aright, forget i said anything, im confusing.

but then again, i love my guy that im thinkin of. Only "walled" by calm mind cresselia, but like i said who would use a wall when it cant counter everything?...so im good =)

I say we have this tournament!
Ahh, that makes sense. >.< The rest-ers would be problems.. but I don't know who would choose such a defensive Pokemon for this. >.<

Hmm, I can't really think of one now. This is like, lots of mindgames.. haha.

But yes, as previously stated, I am in full affirmation of this tournament! haha. ^_^

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh right, Yanmega.

This set guarentees its banning:

Yanmega @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Hypnosis
Protect
Air Slash
Bug Buzz

gl stopping this.

I would use....

Alakazam@Focus Sash
252 Speed 252 Sp Att
Jolly Nature
-Encore
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
-Grass Knot

Idk really...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)