Your physical/mental quirks.

Thread title.

Kristy Haruka's thread spawned a discussion about heterochromia, and it kind of made me think about other physical quirks and stuff.

Ex: I have hitchhiker's thumb (double jointed).

Eh, lame example, but hopefully you guys have better quirks than i do. ;_;

lol i dont know if this some kind of quirk but i when i yawn my throat makes a weird sound not like a squeak but diff. its weird. :/

i hate yawning beside people because im afraid its going to be loud.

Just to one up all of you: all of my fingers (including thumb) are double jointed. I can bend my index fingers backwards and have them touch the back of palm pretty easily. The downside is that they sort of "lock" when I tense them too much...where the top segment of each of my fingers bends forward at pretty much a 90 degree angle and my entire finger goes rigid. I guess I'll post pics some time.

I also have really long toes. I can pick stuff up and take my socks off using only my feet relatively easily. Most people find that more freaky than useful though ;/.

My ear has a bump on the earlobe so it looks like I have a stud or something in it. Not really sure how that happened.

More to come when I remember, I guess.

Just to one up all of you: all of my fingers (including thumb) are double jointed. I can bend my index fingers backwards and have them touch the back of palm pretty easily. The downside is that they sort of "lock" when I tense them too much...where the top segment of each of my fingers bends forward at pretty much a 90 degree angle and my entire finger goes rigid. I guess I'll post pics some time.

I also have really long toes. I can pick stuff up and take my socks off using only my feet relatively easily. Most people find that more freaky than useful though ;/.

My ear has a bump on the earlobe so it looks like I have a stud or something in it. Not really sure how that happened.

More to come when I remember, I guess.
Well...well... fuck you. :[

my girlfriend has double jointed hips, and i'm going to ignore any sexual innuendos you guys make about that.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like Husk my ear has a physical defect where I had it bent in an accident for an extended period of time, now my ears aren't symmetrical, which is why I prefer long hair to cover the tops of my ears. Although people rarely notice unless I point it out to them.

What would be considered mental quirks?

On topic, I can crack every bone in my body. I can also disjoint my thumbs. Also this is creepy. I have fourmoles on my shoulder and they form a parallelogram and I'm like a genius in math. I kind of find that creepy.

one of my eyelids is bigger than the other, or has more skin or something so it looks strange, luckily i have nice eyes

also my hairline is messed up, my hair always grows like a diagonal mountain or something

Well this is going to sound strange, but I actually sit like L from death note and I always have, even before I watched the series... sometimes I dont sit like L, but I very rarely sit normally.

Anyway I have a neck twitch sometimes...

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Like Husk my ear has a physical defect where I had it bent in an accident for an extended period of time, now my ears aren't symmetrical, which is why I prefer long hair to cover the tops of my ears. Although people rarely notice unless I point it out to them.
I've got someting like that. My right ear sticks way out and my left doesn't. Both are incredibly floppy, as if they lack cartlidge compared to other peoples ears...

as i said in the other thread, my irises are different colors which is pretty cool.

i don't have any other physical quirks, but in year 4 i managed to fuck up my neck somehow so it was always like stretched out and to the side instead of straight for about 6 months. i don't think i did a good job of describing it but it was freaky as hell.

Well this is going to sound strange, but I actually sit like L from death note and I always have, even before I watched the series... sometimes I dont sit like L, but I very rarely sit normally.

Anyway I have a neck twitch sometimes...
Lol nice. How old are you? That's kind of cool. The neck twitch is like creepy.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
my right knee doesnt bend as far as my other knee.. I noticed this shortly after an accident in a hydroslide and jumping off a balcony, so it probably had something to do with one of those two events..

Have a nice day.

I'm going to have to out-do you here. Sorry.

Not only are all of my fingers double-jointed but my arms are too. Bending them inside-out, although not much, can really freak people out . So much fun :P
Also my little-finger bends inwards towards the other fingers (on both hands too). Sorta like this: (|||,

I've got toes that work like fingers aswell.

My left ear is higher than my right ear
My left eye is lower than my right eye
The fingers on my left hand are longer than the ones on my right
My left arm is longer than my right
My left leg is shorter than my right
I have an area on the left side of my law that refuses to grow hair
I can pop both my wrists on command
I can pop both my ankles on command
I can pop my big toe on my left foot on command
If I get a leg cramp, it's always in my right leg

Those are all the weird things I can think of right now.

I can freely control and extend my shoulderblades out of my back. Everyone can to some extent, but I can stick mine out about 4 inches out.

i can move my ears without yanking them with my hands or anything.

on a slightly less pleasant note... my longest toe is as long as my pinky :O.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
i've got a flat nose. the bone/cartilage/whatever stops short of the nostrils. as a result, i can pretty much flatten the end of my nose onto my face and move it in weird positions. it's kinda cool. apparently this is common among filipinos.

ok, where to get started?
double jointed knees so i can do the flamingo stretch and hook my foot on the front of my stomach.
double jointed toes so i can bend all except my two big toes backwards at 90 degrees
i can do the shoulder thing that gsumbreon can do. i can crush soda cans with them. i call them my wings.
i can wiggle both ears independently.
i can move my scalp without moving anything else.
i can bend my pinky without bending any other fingers (dont know if this is unique, noone else i know can do it)
i can flip my eyelids inside out(yes, its gross).
and ending on a fun note, i can do a backflip, so ha.

thats all the physical quirks i can think of for now.
now for mental

i am partially dyslexic so i can spell almost any word backwards
in my head, and can unscramble most words in my head.
thats as far as my mental capabilites go.

Hmmm... I've got the monkey feet thing going, now I'm basically bare foot all summer and my feet are like retarded second hands.
Standing straight up I can touch my palms to the ground (I'm 5'9" so that's kind of weird).
I frequently win limbo contests because I'm randomly hyper flexible.
I haven't weighed more than 153 or less than 147 in three years, basically my metabolism has been amazing.
I can hold my breathe for about a minute/hold a note for about 40 seconds.
I have a birthmark on my penis =/ at least the mark is pretty small and kind of out of the way...

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
This, except it's my middle finger that bends back to the palm.

I'm glad others have flexible phalanges too. Everyone I've met with has never really seen something like my fingers so they get shocked when I roll them back like that.

Also adding that the middle joint in my fingers causes them to always be partially bent to a tiny degree. I can never make them completely flat when relaxed.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I can put both legs behind my head and walk on my hands

I can also bend my leg in a 270 degree angle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)