Your solution to TMs in D/P?

I know this is kind of dumb, but I was wondering what are your solutions to TM's in D/P? Do you play more than one game to get multiple TMs (50-90 or so) or is there some type of item cloning glitch?

I tried an item cloning glitch that I saw on Youtube including using thief and Ditto in Double battles, but it doesn't work for me.

Any other solutions? Or is cheating the only option left?

The glitch only works for early Japanese games.
Basically, I clone whatever I can on Emerald and once I have access to the GTS (there is no router connection in my house) I will clone.

Luckily I imported a Japanese version a while ago, so I don't have to go through that many hurdles and risks to clone a TM.

Lol, fantasty =(

I definantly don't wana have to play the game multiple times, considering most of my hours in the game are spent on breeding which is annoying enough =(

I'll be getting wifi soon so the GTS glitch is my only option I guess. For some reason though, my computer has a hard time connecting USB cables.

Thanks for the help you guys. =D

I guess that people with the Japanese version, who can thus still clone the TMs, will probably be willing to trade some TMs with you.
Just ask somewhere, list some pokemon or items you can give yourself and voila

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you can't go on wifi to clone I suggest using breeding with Smeargle and pokemon that learn the TM's by level.

What do you mean by breeding with Smeargle? Sorry, I've never bred it before nor have I used it in-game other than NB for fun BP teams.
If the father knows the TM move and the baby Pokemon can learn the move via TM, the TM move can be passed from father to baby. Smeargle is noteworthy since it can Sketch whatever move needed and the Field/Ground egg group is pretty big.

I will just clone the TMs via Ditto/Mew. Japanese game ftw!
Trade please? Anyways, I plan on getting 1-50 through Emerald. I have no clue how I'm going to get multiple Roosts. Thank god that Stone Edge is buyable, as are most other stables.

lilwartz is the online shop for tm XD. well you can always challenge your buddies to a match and winner gets the item of his choice XD!!!!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Trade please? Anyways, I plan on getting 1-50 through Emerald. I have no clue how I'm going to get multiple Roosts. Thank god that Stone Edge is buyable, as are most other stables.
Not atm. I don't have my game right now (brother's using it)

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Jibaku

Nice lag you're having there Jibaku. =)

Looks like I'll have to get mine from trades I guess. Hopefully it won't be too big of a hasle.

once i get the chance too, ill item farm, transfer stuff from GBA games (clone in emerald if possible), and trade with other people.

item farming + transfering from multiple playthroughs + trades = a lot of TMs

BTW thank god for cloning glitch. just need to see for myself if it works; thatd solve a lot of problems.

lol, I agree with mirza on your wonderful connection jibaku.

I use the japanese version to clone my TM's. I think one day, I might just start giving out free TM's to people who beat me since I feel bad that a lot of you guys don't have the luxery of cloning since I've gone through about 7 stealth rocks.

For my grass knot tm, I thought about teaching it to a Pikachu that I'm going to bring in from Emerald. When I caught it, I got lucky as it already had max defense and special attack. What makes Pikachu the perfect candidate for grass knot is that it is in the fairy and ground categories. And pretty much the only pokemon that can learn grass knot are fairy types, ground types, and grass types. Well it just so happens that roselia is a grass and fairy type, so I can breed a female one (I actually have a female Roserade with a good special attack nature) with this pikachu, and then the male bidew that I get can be the parent for every grasser that wants the move.

Since the ground category is the biggest, I shouldn't have any problems. I can breed pikachu with an infernape for example, and get a chimchar that knows the move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)