You're sure this is a kids game?

Now, don't forget that the Ferris wheel conversations seems to be filled with innuendos and apparently it's worse in Japan.

Here's the translated Japanese script for the Hiker you meet when playing as a guy in B/W, he's only there in the Summer.

[[ Hiker Natsumi - Summer (Natsu) ]]
Whew! You there, boy! How 'bout this humidity, day after day!
Can't help but make the best of a summer like this! Eh?
So hey! How 'bout you take a ride on the Ferris wheel with me!
For free, of course! All I ask is you go up against my best Pokémon, boy! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
A young bud like you oughta enjoy a sweltering summer season!
[ Yes ]
Really now! Boy! You've got promise, I tell you what!
Well, instead of a greeting, let's go headfirst into battle!
(Battle with Hiker Natsumi, who has a Boldore. "Oho! Boy, boy! Your Pokémon are ripped!")
Whew, great! Boy! You and your Pokémon are splendid! Wonderful! Can't get enough of 'em!
So, now...
We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
(They get off.)
Man, that thing was way more hot and humid than I was expecting!
But I think gotten to know you a little better, boy! Y'know?!
I'm planning on loitering around and about for a while longer!
Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler! Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

Hey, you came, boy! Summertime doesn't last! Enjoying it?
If you're not enjoying quite enough, how 'bout you and I make a summer memory on the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
What! I say what, boy! Kind of a downer, you are!
How could you forget the time we spent together? Eh?
Our summer together doesn't have to wait 'til next year! Y'know? I'll stick around, so I hope you change your mind!
[ Yes ]
Really! Oh, really! Boy! I think we're gonna make some big progress in our relationship here!
Well, first, in place of a greeting, let's charge into a Pokémon battle!
(Same as the first battle.)
Boy, your Pokémon sure are sturdy! They're fine, they are!
I believe there'll be a lot of growth and possibilities ahead of you, boy!
Well then, better get on with it...
Time for today's main dish! We're heading into the Ferris wheel!
Let's roll, boy! Come on!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Our shirts are soaked with sweat, but it tells the story of the time we passed, boy!
And with this, we've developed a deeper understanding!
Our summer vacation together will never end!
Well, see you again, boy!

Not to mention that the nursery aide you meet in summer as a guy in B/W2 is actually a crossdressing guy in the japanese versions who reveals it to you by telling you how sweaty he is and takes off his shirt and says its fine since the protagonist and him are both guys.
Wow. So good.

Now, don't forget that the Ferris wheel conversations seems to be filled with innuendos and apparently it's worse in Japan.

Here's the translated Japanese script for the Hiker you meet when playing as a guy in B/W, he's only there in the Summer.

For free, of course! All I ask is you go up against my best Pokémon, boy! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
[ Yes ]
(Battle with Hiker Natsumi, who has a Boldore. "Oho! Boy, boy! Your Pokémon are ripped!")
Whew, great! Boy! You and your Pokémon are splendid! Wonderful! Can't get enough of 'em!
So, now...
We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler! Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

If you're not enjoying quite enough, how 'bout you and I make a summer memory on the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Our summer together doesn't have to wait 'til next year! Y'know? I'll stick around, so I hope you change your mind!
[ Yes ]
Really! Oh, really! Boy! I think we're gonna make some big progress in our relationship here!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Our shirts are soaked with sweat, but it tells the story of the time we passed, boy!

Not to mention that the nursery aide you meet in summer as a guy in B/W2 is actually a crossdressing guy in the japanese versions who reveals it to you by telling you how sweaty he is and takes off his shirt and says its fine since the protagonist and him are both guys.
Aaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd, that's enough for today.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Woah I never thought of that. But honestly why do so many pokemon have fur sticking out down there?

if it was between you freezing to death and putting shit in your pockets...

that said, you find darumakka in a /desert/

uhm
Well... Deserts can get pretty cold at night because of lack of clouds to reflect heat from the surface.

Well... Deserts can get pretty cold at night because of lack of clouds to reflect heat from the surface.
very true. got me there.
though... i'd kinda wanna avoid those cacturne before getting crap in my clothes.

If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The worst thing about that entry is it doesn't tell you what the cacturne do the tired travellers. Do they kill them? Imprison them? Leech seed them? We will never know.

Also I really don't get people's problem with Darumaka's entry, its actually one of my favorites since it a line that could be from a documentary. Think about it logically, you're cold and you find these rare droppings of a rare pokemon that are completely warm. Well what's wrong with putting them in your pockets? They are a couple things wrong with it, one of them is how people probably didn't have pockets before they started thinking that putting poop in pockets is wrong, and unless darumaka used to be extremely rare... well its a fire type! Get it to light a fire.
More wrong than creepy.

very true. got me there.
though... i'd kinda wanna avoid those cacturne before getting crap in my clothes.

If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.
Ah but the Darumakka is super effective against the Cacturnes, making him even better. :P

[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
[ Yes ]
So, now...
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)

[ No ]
[ Yes ]
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
In BW2 you get to meet him again when you play as a girl. He talks about how his heart was broken two years ago. Subtle we are not.

Aaaaand the nursery aid was hot. Unfortunately he does not survive the localization.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
1) I don't get the skitty on wailord action tbh. Besides there are like 10 smaller pokemon than skitty that can breed with wailord.
Lol size difference is funny! :evan:

2) You've gotta admit, it shows that either nintendo knows about ROMs and they don't like them, or the other countries just like money rolling in and don't care if they lose a little on ROMs.
Anyway, my favorite one of them was the spyro game where it constantly reminded you this was not on a real console, like "Spyro got! [insert powerup here]! Oh wait, becuase you didn't actually buy this game you're not able to use it lol"

In Black 2, as you walk through an alley in Castelia City, a man in sunglasses jumps out and flashes y- gives you TM70 Flash.

1) I don't get the skitty on wailord action tbh. Besides there are like 10 smaller pokemon than skitty that can breed with wailord.
Lol size difference is funny! :evan:

2) You've gotta admit, it shows that either nintendo knows about ROMs and they don't like them, or the other countries just like money rolling in and don't care if they lose a little on ROMs.
Anyway, my favorite one of them was the spyro game where it constantly reminded you this was not on a real console, like "Spyro got! [insert powerup here]! Oh wait, becuase you didn't actually buy this game you're not able to use it lol"
Gen 5 will do you one better. If you emulate Black or White, your Pokemon do not gain experience.
(hackers found out how to bypass this though, so eh...)

Ok, see this guy? Now, look at his waist. It seems a silly place to put something to say "hey I'm the Bug leader", especially since it's a Butterfly. At least...that's what it looks like. Look a little closer, and it almost seems like the belt buckle is...covering his not fully zipped up pants. It could just be me, but...

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
o_____o

Cannot unsee >_>

The Togekiss is a bit shady, but that Doduo taking a crap is like...perfect...lol

Except his body sorta looks like a Pokeball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)