Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion: Mark 2

I'm running this to start off the format. Always a fun deck. Side deck WIP.
I think this build is really lacking by not having Tempest. The Kuja package is a bit too cutesy imo (why run it when I can just run Summoner Monk + Raigeki Break or PWWB?), so I cut it when throwing together this rough draft

Dualities have been cut in favor of Sacred Swords and Upstart Goblins, since this deck really wants to be special summoning every turn if possible, and the high spell count makes Summoner Monk much more effective. Running more than one of the "real" Harpie Ladies is probably excessive; you can't search more than one variant of those off Hysteric Sign, and they on a whole suck by themselves. Still, a singleton (maaaybbbeee a second) is useful with Elegant Egotist, so I went with Harpie Lady 1 since that pump effect can be very relevant. (Example: Allowing Dracossack to run over Blaster / Blader / etc.) Cyber Harpie Lady is unmitigated ass though. As for hand traps, with Dragons being the top dog of the format by a long shot, and with Mermails also up there, I think almost every deck should try to main a couple of Maxx "C"s. Effect Veiler is also always good, and too good to pass up in a build like this where it gives easy access to Crimson Blader, which is one of the strongest cards in this format. Scrap and Stardust also make the cut for Synchros: Scrap can pop your own Hysteric Sign or a set Elegant Egotist for plusses, while Stardust can protect board set-ups. Cursed Seal is a good inclusion here I think; the only top deck it's not terribly efficient against is Mermails (and even then making all of their MSTs dead draws can be pretty useful), but it's excellent against Dragon Rulers, Prophecy, and Fire Fists. Raigeki Break goes well with all the card advantage this deck can generate, and gives a use to that dead Elegant Egotist. I opted to go with it since Lightning Chidori can spin anything away pretty easily, buit a mix of it and Phoenix Wing Wind Blast might be correct. Only one Hysteric Party because it can conflict with Tempest; otherwise I'd probably run a second. Everything else should be fairly obvious in their applications I think.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Sixth Sense is actually getting a shot this format. How do people feel about this?
sixth sense probably will see itself banned in december, and people are making a bigger shit about it than needs to be made.
yes, it is unhealthy card design.
no, it should not be anything but forbidden.
a large amount of the time, it will not actually do anything, but rolling a 5 or a 6 will pretty much win the game.

it's pretty comparable to return at the moment. return pretty much cheeses any game when played even remotely correctly, and this will cheese games when you land the draw effect. the intrinsic difference is that every deck should be playing sixth sense, and return is mostly just for dragons.

to add onto that, the ohio arg open will be banning sixth sense and there is a possibility it could be banned for future events but they're unsure. as far as konami tournaments go, i dont think we get an american one for a while now as we have ycs london and one other i think in europe before the december banlist? regardless, i know for me, this is one of those cards that just shouldnt exist in the first place and i would personally not have a problem banning if we have a smogon ygo tournament during the time it is allowed.

there is nothing to discuss though, its a mandatory card in every deck that basically says you win 1/3 of the time in any deck except dragons, where instead it says you win 3/3 times

So uh, I've got some traditional deck-lists from my friend and they are indeed quite fun to use. The first deck is supposed to summon "Creator God of Light, Horakhty" in one turn and auto-win the game, the second is Frog FTK(Which admittedly is not as consistent as I want it to be). Oh, and the third is Toon Synchro, which is actually for Advanced.

Here are the decks.

Oh yeah, anyone else have some other nice traditional format decks? We have traditional every other week at my locals so it's always fun to do that.

Thanks.

Built this in 5 minutes and just went 6-0 on the DN ladder. Obviously doesn't mean anything, but its been testing well.

Probably what I would run for a good portion of the format. They have a good matchup vs GK and do okay or solid vs almost every other deck. I don't think they suck like a lot of the better yugioh players think.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone played the new 3DS Zexal Duel Carnival game? (I pretty much ONLY play DS games to enjoy YGO)
It's almost overwhelming to me, trying to play and piece together decks after not having used anything newer than the World Championship 2011 game which was the last on the DS.

So far though, the game itself is kinda... meh. The characters are overall much weaker than in the old WC games (the AI is fine, but the decks are WEAK). NO online functions is stupid too-- no downloading cards, banlists, or setting up games online with other players is really lame. Also having to use decks played by Zexal characters in order to unlock more opponents is annoying as fuck.

Overall pretty annoyed with the game, though it's still a fun game for me personally. My favorite deck so far actually has no XYZ monsters-- all synchro. Blue Eyes + Dragunity; when combined with the new Wind-type Royal Dragon, the amount of draw and search power that deck has is just stupid-- also considering how much the dumb opponent decks rely on trap cards (and have almost no MSTs), one Imperial Decree (whatever it's called, the perma trap that blocks traps-- I've been playing in Japanese too long to remember the English names) pretty much totally shuts down any ability on their part to stop Dragunity from doing what it's gonna do.

Built this in 5 minutes and just went 6-0 on the DN ladder. Obviously doesn't mean anything, but its been testing well.

Probably what I would run for a good portion of the format. They have a good matchup vs GK and do okay or solid vs almost every other deck. I don't think they suck like a lot of the better yugioh players think.
Just curious, what's that card to the right of Delta Crow? I can't zoom in on it. Other than that, it looks like a solid deck and I might just steal it for myself, hehe.

It's Fiendish Chain.
Also that BW build is super straightforward. It's like 100% bread and butter BW and no tech. Doesn't mean it's bad by all means, just that it's conventional.
That build looks very prone to trap stun to me tbh. And going into LVAL with the new buffed up Lightsworns, I forsee Lightsworns to be a big contender.
The speed of that deck is insane, justifying playing 45+ cards in the deck and still being able to drop at least one boss monster by turn 2, with trap stun being a big contributor to their pushes.

It's Fiendish Chain.
Also that BW build is super straightforward. It's like 100% bread and butter BW and no tech. Doesn't mean it's bad by all means, just that it's conventional.
That build looks very prone to trap stun to me tbh. And going into LVAL with the new buffed up Lightsworns, I forsee Lightsworns to be a big contender.
The speed of that deck is insane, justifying playing 45+ cards in the deck and still being able to drop at least one boss monster by turn 2, with trap stun being a big contributor to their pushes.
It is, but what tech could I have ran? Maxx C, Vanities, Eradicator, Thunder King aren't worth running in the main. I also like Fiendish > Veiler. I don't run Mirror Force like the other BW players since I had to cut them for more important cards.

The only tech which I can think of running is Deck Devestation Virus > Compulsory Evacuation Device. Although I am unsure how good it is right now.

If I am too weak to Trap Stun I can use two Veiler > 2 Fiendish Chain I guess.

I noticed a lot of BW players aren't running Kochi anymore (can't seem to think of a good reason why) but imo 3 MST makes it an even better card. Since it makes it easier to make Kochi plays. Although I could try Vayu over it like the other guys who topped.

How about teching Skill Drain? With your other backrow, especially Whirlwind and Fiendish Chain soaking up MSTs left and right, maybe Skill Drain might be a good tech choice.
Ofc trap stun still fucks you over, but that card is generally just a really good answer to a Blackwing Field.
Good thing is: Most decks play neither Trap Stun nor Royal Decree, and Lightsworns are kinda hit-or-miss when it comes to drawing into specific cards, since most of their deckthinning is done by randomly milling.

It's just an idea. Ofc it needs testing and stuff. All I'm saying is: It is common knowledge that Blackwing players in the past have been teching Skill Drain and ofc the card it also very hit-or-miss depending on what deck it is used against. But against something like Lightsworn or Geargia is it just very good while the only really bad matchup I can think of is Bujins and Dark World.

How about teching Skill Drain? With your other backrow, especially Whirlwind and Fiendish Chain soaking up MSTs left and right, maybe Skill Drain might be a good tech choice.
Ofc trap stun still fucks you over, but that card is generally just a really good answer to a Blackwing Field.
Good thing is: Most decks play neither Trap Stun nor Royal Decree, and Lightsworns are kinda hit-or-miss when it comes to drawing into specific cards, since most of their deckthinning is done by randomly milling.

It's just an idea. Ofc it needs testing and stuff. All I'm saying is: It is common knowledge that Blackwing players in the past have been teching Skill Drain and ofc the card it also very hit-or-miss depending on what deck it is used against. But against something like Lightsworn or Geargia is it just very good while the only really bad matchup I can think of is Bujins and Dark World.
That is actually a really good idea. I just dropped Kochi for Vayu, Crimson Blader for Silverwind, 2 Fiendish Chain for 2 Mirror Force, and Compulse for a Skill Drain. Luckily Dark World isn't played in my area.

I'd rather not cut Compulse. The card is just too good right now. You should rather cut back on MSTs since you have delta crow plus 3 icarus. And since you swapped out fiendish chain for mirror force, you'll need something else to deal with monsters outside of the battle phase. Just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)