Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Put Honest in there... It is basically broken and a top 5 LIGHT monster. No reason why any deck that uses LIGHT monsters should not use Honest. It makes attacking any LIGHT based deck a gamble. It get's rid of most problematic monsters and can win a game. Literally no reason to not have Honest.

Put Honest in there... It is basically broken and a top 5 LIGHT monster. No reason why any deck that uses LIGHT monsters should not use Honest. It makes attacking any LIGHT based deck a gamble. It get's rid of most problematic monsters and can win a game. Literally no reason to not have Honest.
Except that I'm barely running any monsters at all. Out of the many times I used Honest in that deck, it was almost always a pointless draw.

I've been testing out how Nimble Fish is, and it's been pretty rad. Sending Achou to the grave with Undine's effect nets you a +3 with two on the field and one in the hand, which can be used with A Forgotten Continent to pump out a level 5 XYZ. If you use Foolish and Undine, you can have 2 level 7 xyzs, or a Gachi and a level 5 xyz. To follow up next turn, you can summon Genex Controller, synch that with a Fish, or two and pull out Catastor, Brionac, or Gungnir, depending on what you have out. And on top of that, you have lots of drawing cards with Avarice and Moray, AND you have a decent amount of hand and field control with Aoi, The Spiritual Lord, and Codarus.

http://imgur.com/YiNFp

I've been wondering for a while if I should get into the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. I used to really like it as a child, so I thought of watching maybe the first two seasons. Is it any good?

I've been wondering for a while if I should get into the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. I used to really like it as a child, so I thought of watching maybe the first two seasons. Is it any good?
I remember as a kid I watched up til some point on the seal of orichalcos arc and then we had a summer vacation with no TV so I missed the rest and was totally lost, so I stopped watching (kept playing through GX, though). I recently went on Hulu and re-watched the anime starting from that point, so I'd say the original series is pretty good. I've heard GX sucked, and I'm not planning on watching anything newer (i've heard 5d's was good but at some point once you start playing competitively you start to realize all the problems with the anime and it annoys you to the point where you don't enjoy it. The good thing about the first season is that the game has changed so much that its still entertaining).

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I was into YGO when I wa a little kid, but then abandoned it after my mom sold all my cards while I wa on vacation (;_;). A few months ago, I really got back into it, trying to learn all the new tricks and whatnot, and made a DN account. Made a few decks, dueled some friends, it was a lot of fun. Guess I'm trying to actually trying to spark some interest again, now. I'm a fan of swarm decks, with X-Sabers being my favorite. Though I have tried a burn deck for fun. If anyone wants to duel me on DN, I've got the same name there. I don't really understand much about the game, but I know enough to be decent against some of my friends.

I'm a really big Yugioh player......sadly, I only play the DS games as I am too broke to get a real deck (those cards get expensive O_O)

Anyway, does anyone know how to legitly get the Egyptian God Cards on "Over the Nexus"? I want 100% completion on everything >_>

As for the decks that I use:

1). Legendary Six Samurai Beatdown.
2). Mill
3). D.D. Monarchs
4). Dragon swarm
5). TwilightSworn

New ban list is out. Change:
Forbidden:
- Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
- Future Fusion

Limited:
- Inzektor Hornet
- Inzektor Dragonfly
- Spore
- Evigishki Gustkraken
- Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
- Tsukuyomi
- Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
- Ultimate Offering
- Chaos Sorcerer

Semi-Limited:
- The Agent of Mystery - Earth
- Debris Dragon
- Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
- Rescue Rabbit
- E-Emergency Call
- Pot of Duality
- A Hero Lives
- Hieratic Seal of Convication
- Tour Guide from the Underworld
- Mirror Force
- Reasoning

Unlimited:
- Necro Gardna
- Marshmallon
- Destiny Draw
- Emergency Teleport
- Magic Cylinder
- Swords of Revealing Light
- Level Limit Area B

Blackwings are back. BLS is still here (WTF?). Inzektors got screwed, which is understandable since 6 of the top 8 at worlds played them. Burn is going to be more annoying with cylinder and marshmallon. No idea why Brio is gone. Tsukoyomi could be a useful side deck card, since a ton of monsters have high attacks and low defenses. Tour is probably only semi since they want Japan to buy it, its still good enough to splash 2 in an all light deck, throw in foolish burial and use the ever-broken BLS.

any other thoughts?

Destiny Draw at 3. Sure, D Heros suck for the most part, but having a good draw engine makes up for it. I think that it was a huge mistake and i'm sure it will get abused.

Brionac was likely banned due to its interactions with Atlanteans / Mermails. I'm glad Spore's back, though I find it being limited funny. Also wasn't One Day of Peace limited? I'm pretty sure it was.

I wish they had banned Wind-Up Hunter (...and BLS, Reborn, Pot of Avarice, Mind Control, and Gustav MAX, but those are unrelated) , because I feel that that card is an inherent problem card and will become part of some other loop in the future. Even now, Shark + Magician can strip two cards and end on a Zenmaines.

Destiny Draw and Emergency Teleport being unlimited is very intriguing.

Also, the deck that benefited from this list the most is Dark World, since it was the only meta deck afaik to not be hit in the slightest.

Shriek doesn't say One day of peace was hit, so I'm guessing it wasn't touched.

Rabbit should still work well. Konami wants to sell xyzs, and rabbit does that. You can still, get a couple rank 4's out and use tour guide to get leviar.

I actually enjoy using hieratics more now than before. Sure the otk is gone but I'm doing things I didn't even know I could with hieratics before. Swarming is awesome.

Forbidden:
- Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Banned for mermail/atlantean interactions. Although Gungnir is gonna fuck shit up just the same.
- Future Fusion Obvious and needed ban, even looking past chaos dragons, this card was not healthy for the current game, or the future of the game.

Limited:
- Inzektor Hornet Logical hit
- Inzektor DragonflyLogical hit, not sure if both hornet and fly need to be at 1, but i'm a fan of these limits.
- Spore A little boost to synchro/plants, but it still won't make an impact on the meta. Why they thought anyone would run more than 1 and decided to limit it instead of unlimit is beyond me.
- Evigishki Gustkraken limit to prevent hand loop abuse
- Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity limit to prevent hand loop abuse
- Tsukuyomi Card is too slow for the current meta, will not make a significant impact, its fine at any number in my opinion
- Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon Logical Hit
- Ultimate Offering Hit because of gadgets/madolche
- Chaos Sorcerer Man do they really want to keep BLS around

Semi-Limited:
- The Agent of Mystery - Earth Never needed to be at 1 imo, 2 maybe even 3 is fine.
- Debris Dragon Another boon to plants
- Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow Will help out blackwings slightly, but not enough to bring them back to relevancy
- Rescue Rabbit Rescue rabbit was gonna get hit no matter what, however I was expecting it to go to 1, however it should be fine at 2
- E-Emergency Call With alive heroes messing up japan, a hit was needed for heroes, however taking away 1 ecall and 1 ahl won't really make that big a dent in heroes.
- Pot of Duality No Idea why this was hit
- A Hero Lives Look at E-call
- Hieratic Seal of ConvicationJust some more consistency hits
- Tour Guide from the Underworld Expected, the engine still lives, but is not what it once was
- Mirror Force No problem at 2 imo
- Reasoning I'm interested to see if this results in anything

Unlimited:
- Necro Gardna No different than at 3 imo
- Marshmallon Once again, no real difference between 2 and 3, some decks just become a tiny bit better
- Destiny Draw The destiny engine gets a little better, but with malicious still at 2, teledad remains dead as ever
- Emergency Teleport Should be interesting at 3, but even in an unlimited format I would usually use only 2 anyways, but it opens up some possibilites
- Magic Cylinder irrelevant imo
- Swords of Revealing Light same as cylinder, going from 2-3 doesn't make much a difference
- Level Limit Area B See: XYZ/Rank[/hide]

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
List is pretty good imo. Only thing I really care about are TGU to 2 (My TGU Psychics are no more :/) and Emergency Teleport to 3, which is great for Psychics. Other than that the list looks good, altho Spore to 1, Duality to 2 (dislike this hit the most since I run it at 3 in basically everything I play) and Sorc to 1 were odd. Also really glad that Inzektors are hit since they were really unhealthy for the metagame. Making setting that much less viable really sucked for alot of decks, so not having the threat of Inzektors plussing off of you every time you set a card is nice.

Oh god I feel so nostalgic right now. When I was little I would play Yu-Gi-Oh (I was 3), all my friends and I would just take cards out of our hands and whoever had the highest stars would win XD

(For those who are taking this the wrong way, I wasn't implying that yu-gi-oh is for kids, I only quit playing 6 months ago.)

But honestly, I think Yu-Gi-Oh is gone way downhill. To get any good cards for a deck, you have to buy a crapload of cards; and most of the archetypes suck. Sorry if that completely de-railed your conversation.

But honestly, I think Yu-Gi-Oh is gone way downhill. To get any good cards for a deck, you have to buy a crapload of cards; and most of the archetypes suck. Sorry if that completely de-railed your conversation.
That's why most of us play on DuelingNetwork now.

It's 100% free, and you can literally build any deck you want.

Dragons are dead so what should i run?

Maybe DW?

Is Rabbit still viable with it's token monster @ 2?
Dragons have lost quite a bit of power. They are still viable however.

The biggest problem will be the rise of Dimensional Prison and Bottemless trap hole now that Inzektor are no longer around to punish you for playing said cards.

As for DW, they obviously can still compete. Things get problematic when they get too popular though. Sided Dimensional Fissures/D.D. Crows/etc really hurt.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm a really big Yugioh player......sadly, I only play the DS games as I am too broke to get a real deck (those cards get expensive O_O)

Anyway, does anyone know how to legitly get the Egyptian God Cards on "Over the Nexus"? I want 100% completion on everything >_>

As for the decks that I use:

1). Legendary Six Samurai Beatdown.
2). Mill
3). D.D. Monarchs
4). Dragon swarm
5). TwilightSworn

I too, only play on the DS games...

My current favorite deck is Junk / Lightsworn / Chaos

Use Lightsworns (the core being Ryoko / Quick Hamster) to dump the deck, and use Return of the Warrior Alive to turn the graveyard into a toolbox, fetching used or dumped Junk Warriors / Chaos Soldier. Junk Warrior + Ryoko work so good. Quick Hamster also lets me pull of the big level 9 Synchro (Ice Dragon not banned) with ease, and if I dump Glowup Bulb, I can get Naturia Beast.

The deck works beautifully, with all the draw/dump/search/fetch and once Ryoko hits the grave it pulls off huge summons each turn basically.

It's so efficient at busting out Chaos Soldier that I don't even bother with Chaos Sorcerer. Basically

Return of the Warrior Alive > Chaos Sorcerer

with some forbidden lances thrown in for insurance. If they still get rid of chaos soldier, I can always fall back on Junk Warrior's synchros (though my game plan is almost always to beat them down with Junk's synchros before going in for the kill with Chaos Soldier after their resources brought down).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)