Yugimons

In the advent of BW2, I've decided to start playing pokemon again. I looked through the list of new shit, and found a good amount of changes, and decided to make a team. I saw Techniloom was released, and jumped on the "ZOMG TWO PRIORITY USERS" Bandwagon. Unfortunately, this team does have mild issues, especially when I was trying to find a good bulky water (Which IMO I still haven't), so review would be cute.

Shrooms (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Oh Techiloom. How I've longed for your presence in OU. I put this nigga in the front because spore is scary, and a lot of weather leads are either slow or switch out on a Techiniloom lead, getting me a free spore on a good switch-in to Breloom, then a free Swords Dance (Or two if they stay in with the poke I spored) A lot of teams I've seen on PO haven't been running an adequete resist or Ghost type, having me sweep easily with this.

James Holmes (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Standard CB Scizor. I decided CB over Swords Dance because both Scizor and Breloom with a SD set would be redundant. I also think Pursuit beautifully compliments Breloom, as Gengar/Lati/Alakazam/Espeon/Celebitch switches in to take the Mach Punch, I switch in Scizor on the STAB attack, and Pursuit them niggas like the cops. Often I've encountered teams with only one decent resist or counter to Breloom, pursuited it, and swept the rest of the team.

Heatransexual (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

I noticed the double Fire weakness in running both Breloom and Scizor, and decided a nice Fire Immunity would be a welcome addition to the team. This is by far my favorite Heatran set. Flamethrower for STAB over Lava Plume, as it has more power and I have will-o-wisp for burn. Will-O-Wisp to burn a fighting switch-in. It's the only poke on my team that can run rocks, and rocks compliment priority users so well, as well as compliments Breloom's mach punch by putting extra damage on common flying switch-ins, I couldn't pass up on it. I usually use roar on the switch-in when I have rocks up, racking up that little extra damage that can mean the difference between a successful priority sweep, and an unsuccessful priorty sweep.

Trololololo (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature

- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

I needed to compliment Heatran with a fighting resist and a ground resist and have a good out to Techiniloom. I originally played Tornadus-T, but his fraility, lack of immunity to fighting, lack of strong and reliable STAB outside of rain, as well as his rocks weakness (Even with Regenerator, rocks still hurt.) led me to switch to Gengar. I chose a SubSplit set, as it lets me decimate walls, sub relatively freely, and use Life Orb on Gengar. LO on Gengar gets me them kills on things I usually don't, and can easily sweep a weakened team with his perfect coverage.

Scrotom Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I needed to find a bulky water as a another fire switch-in for Breloom/Scizor.
I originally used CroCune, but Vaporeon/Blissey/Chansey/Toxicroak would switch in and I'd look stupid. I then used Gastrodon, which worked, but I usually didn't have a legitimate switch-in to physical attackers, which led me to getting swept. I ended up with Rotom Wash, which kinda works... But it's disappointing. Need to replace.

Stop Hitting Yourself (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Transform

God Tier, no, Allah Tier Revenge Killer. If an opponent overextends, or sets up with a poke that they don't have a resist to left on their team (I.E. MoxMence without a steel type alive) I can easily fodder a poke and get a free win.

Yes, this is a lazy RMT. I don't feel like working on this. I said what I had to say.

I guess being lazy means you don't want to follow rules or proper formatting and thus will probably get your thread locked

Read these: http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=119&a=176
Look at these: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447325
I followed the rules. Please show what rules I've broken so I can edit the RMT to follow them, as I can find no issues with the thread. If the formatting is incorrect (considering it was formatted from an export) I apologize, but I seriously doubt the differences are so major that you have to comment about it.

uhh first off try differentiating your pokemon from your descriptions. if it's just me, this RMT hurts my eyes (not because i'm not wearing my glasses ATM). Try adding Bold tags around your Pokemon to make them stand out.

As for the real rate, this team seems to be a Hyper/Heavy offense team and thus I conclude that a bulky water is not needed. If you want a water-type sweeper, I'd say go for Starmie or Keldeo though I recommend Keldeo for more power. Starmie is still nice as it can provide Rapid Spin support for your Scizor to abuse U-turn. Starmie also happens to have Natural Cure and better coverage.

Starmie@Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves:
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover / Rapid Spin

pros: has awesome coverage and speed. It also has Rapid Spin for Scizor and others
cons: gets walled by blissey but you have Breloom for that. Also has less power than Keldeo.

Keldeo@Life Orb / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Moves:
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Secret Sword
~ Hidden Power Ghost / Electric
~ Calm Mind / Surf

pros: can set up and doesn't get walled by Blissey/Chansey as it has Secret Sword
cons: depending on your Hidden Power, you'll get walled by certain Pokemon.

uhh first off try differentiating your pokemon from your descriptions. if it's just me, this RMT hurts my eyes (not because i'm not wearing my glasses ATM). Try adding Bold tags around your Pokemon to make them stand out.

As for the real rate, this team seems to be a Hyper/Heavy offense team and thus I conclude that a bulky water is not needed. If you want a water-type sweeper, I'd say go for Starmie or Keldeo though I recommend Keldeo for more power. Starmie is still nice as it can provide Rapid Spin support for your Scizor to abuse U-turn. Starmie also happens to have Natural Cure and better coverage.

Starmie@Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves:
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover / Rapid Spin

pros: has awesome coverage and speed. It also has Rapid Spin for Scizor and others
cons: gets walled by blissey but you have Breloom for that. Also has less power than Keldeo.

Keldeo@Life Orb / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Moves:
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Secret Sword
~ Hidden Power Ghost / Electric
~ Calm Mind / Surf

pros: can set up and doesn't get walled by Blissey/Chansey as it has Secret Sword
cons: depending on your Hidden Power, you'll get walled by certain Pokemon.
I'll try starmie as it seems more promising then Keldeo, and I'd rather have a psychic resist over ANOTHER Psychic weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)