- One of the fastest pokemon around, with a base speed of 116.
- Horrible physical movepool. His special movepool is pretty good though.
- Access to two decent abilities; Motor Drive and Lightning Rod.
- Average offensive stats of 100/80 but burdened with mediocre 75/63/63 defenses.
name: Mixed Sweeper
move 1: Wild Volt
move 2: Overheat
move 3: Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Substitute
item: Life Orb
ability: Motor Drive
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Unfortunately for Zeburaika, he is cursed with having one of the worst movepools in the history of pokemon.
- Wild Volt is literally his only physical option (aside from the token Return or Double edge)
- Despite this, Zeburaika can at the very least go mixed and gets good enough coverage with Hidden Power Grass and Overheat.
- HP Ice seems like it gets redundant coverage, but is effective to deal with ground types that are 4X weak to Ice. (and conveniently neutral to grass)
- Substitute eases prediction and greatly helps Zeburaika due to it's horrible bulk.
- Zeburaika can run Thunderbolt over Wild Volt for a purely special moveset, but risks being outclassed by the likes of Jolteon or Raikou (Similar speeds / better moves) and even Manectric (Identical moves with more power at the cost of speed)
- Lightning Rod could be used to boost the power Zeburaika's less than stellar special attack.
- Hidden Power Ice could be used for Bolt Beam coverage.
- Hippowdon is a fine counter to Zeburaika. Zeburaika is forced to rely on it's secondary moves, which Hippowdon shrugs off quite nicely.
- Gliscor and Garchomp are decent enough checks, provided Zeburaika lacks HP Ice.
- Zeburaika appreciates entry hazards to aid it's sweeping effort.
- Taking a page out of Electivires book, Zeburaika can pair up with Gyarados for some decent offensive and defensive synergy.
- Pokemon who draw in Electric types are decent partners to Zeburaika. Going old school with Gyarados is an option and even running a Wish Vaporeon is recommended as you can switch into an electric attack and get healed. Zeburaika appreciates entry hazards tremendously to alleviate his average power.
- Zeburaika's movepool offers it relatively little. It can run a Choice Band set, but it's physical offensive options are limited. It can use to Nitro Charge to boosts it's speed while attacking.
- Bulky Walls are the best way at dealing with Zeburaika. Even with it's amazing coverage, it's still not hitting hard enough, and is prone to being walled by many pokemon.
- Bulky pokemon like Cresselia and Uxie come to mind, as they shrug off Zeburaika's with ease and retaliate with STAB psychic or they can even set up on him.
- Ground types likes Hippowdon and Swampert are effective counters to Zeburaika. (The latter needs to watch out for Hidden Power Grass which 2HKOes)
- Garchomp and Gliscor can counter Zeburaika provided it lacks Hidden Power Ice.
- Zeburaika receives Herbivore as a Dream World ability. The ability itself isn't too shabby as it gives Zeburaika an extra immunity and the ability to boosts it's physical attacking stat.