Zweilous [GP 0/2]

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Change all the curly apostrophes ( ’ ) to regular ones ( ' ) please.

Also, if you're gonna have a damage calcs section you should have more than 2 targets. If you only wanna talk about the missed KOs on Tangrowth and Weezing, you can just work it into the paragraph.

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amateur GP check! :D

Raucous Red means remove
Barmy Blue means add
Garden Green (lol) is a comment

[Overview]

<p>When asked what the strongest move in the game is, Outrage is one of the first moves that comes to mind, but when asked who the strongest user of Outrage is, very few people will guess answer correctly,; Zweilous. That's right, thanks to Hustle, Zweilous has the equivalent of a base Attack stat greater than 150, beating Uber behemoths like Rayquaza and Zekrom. He even has access to perfect neutral coverage in RU with Fire Fang and a very nice dual STAB with Crunch. Putting Zweilous in a tier with so few Steels to resist Outrage must be crazy, right? Wrong. Combine his terrible speed and below average bulk with the popularity of Fighting and Bug-type moves in the tier and Zweilous becomes incredibly easy to revenge kill. Outside of coverage, Zweilous doesn’t get any useful moves like Pursuit or Dragon Claw to avoid locking himself into Outrage, he also has as well as few viable stat boosting moves, which means Pursuit-users like Honchkrow and boosting Dragon-types like Fraxure often compete with him for a spot in a team. Even if Zweilous can overcome these downfalls, he still has to deal with all his normally 100% accurate moves being cut down to a measly 80% accuracy and a miss could easily spell doom for Zweilous due to his frailty. Despite this, Zweilous can still break holes in the opponent's team for a comrade to sweep,[Add comma] and definitely has its niches if played correctly.</p>

[SET]
name: Wallbreaker
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Fire Fang
move 4: Dragon Tail / Substitute
item: Choice Band / Eviolite
ability: Hustle
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is designed to abuse the ridiculous power that Outrage has in order to break holes in the opponent's team. With Choice Band and Hustle, Zweilous receives a boost larger than Swords Dance while Eviolite assures that an Outrage miss isn’t as deadly, and that he can take the opponent’s hit and strike back next turn. Normally, investing Speed EVs into a naturally slow Pokemon is pointless, but with 20 Speed EVs he can outspeed uninvested base 60's like Clefable and Weezing before they cripple you him with status or KO you him. This allows you him (you transitioned from speaking of the pokemon to speaking of the reader?) to strike the foe with one of your his STAB moves or, if the foe resists those two moves like Ferroseed or Magneton, you Zweilous can hit them with a super-effective Fire Fang. With the great coverage Zweilous has, the 4th move slot is mainly filler,[Add comma] although,[Remove comma] if Eviolite is chosen Zweilous can make great use of Substitute when he is not certain of a KO,[Add comma] and fears status from the likes of Weezing and Tangrowth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice between Eviolite and Choice Band is a tough one,[Add comma] and greatly impacts the way Zweilous is played. With Eviolite, Zweilous can use his unique typing and resistances to switch in to many threats more effectively and then before fire firing off a powerful Outrage. The fact that he is not locked into a move also means he can use his great coverage more efficiently,[Add comma] and the as well as the opponent won’t do not doing as much damage if Zweilous misses do due to Hustle. However, Choice Band guarantees many 2 and 3HKO's on common physical walls such as Tangrowth, who needs to have taken damage from Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes to be 2HKO'd 100% of the time without Choice Band,[Add comma] or even Weezing,[Add comma] who has a 50% chance of living surviving 2 un-boosted Outrages.</p>

<p>Stealth Rock support and at least one layer of Spikes are very effective at in turning 3HKO’s into 2HKO’s, especially when running Eviolite. The Choice Band set can also phaze a threat out with Dragon Tail, racking up even more hazard damage. Roselia and Qwilfish both have pretty good synergy with Zweilous and can set up Spikes while Claydol can set up Stealth Rocks for him. Claydol can also spin away hazards for Zweilous, a very useful ability considering how often Zweilous switches. However, a Wish user is a viable alternative to recover entry hazard damage, especially after losing 25% of your health when using Substitute.</p>

<p>If the damage from Substitute is offputting, Taunt could be used to replace it as a replacement, as Taunt also stops status, but Substitute takes advantage of the switches Zweilous causes so and as such is generally superior. Thunder Wave is another effective move for the 4th slot as it means Zweilous can outspeed the foe,[Add comma] and means that a miss with Hustle wouldn’t always give your opponent a free turn due to the chance of a full paralysis, but Zweilous generally doesn’t have the time to use status moves,[Add comma] so it is even more effective with paralysis support from a team mate.</p>

<p>Despite the few steel-types in the tier, almost every one of them can wall Zweilous without a problem, hit him with a powerful move or cripple him with status. This makes Magneton a good partner as he can trap opposing steel-types in order to take them out with an HP fire while protecting himself from status with a Substitute. Once the steel-types are out of the way, Zweilous can then proceed to take out (or severely damage) many common walls such as Clefable, Munchlax and Tangrowth,[Add comma] allowing a sweeper normally walled by these threats to clean up. A great example of this would be Druddigon as they form a very powerful dual-dragon core and benefit from similar support.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Zweilous has a severe lack of options in its movepool limiting any diversity from the move set, but there are a few moves worth a mention. Ice Fang is perhaps of the most notable, as it can beat Gligar without locking yourself Zweilous into Outrage but is situational at best, especially considering the move's 76% accuracy. Other physical options include: Head Smash, Thunder Fang, Return and Body Slam,[Add comma] but offer no additional coverage to his moveset. The only boosting move Zweilous has access to is Work Up,[Add comma] which although could be viable on a mixed set with Earth Power and Dragon Pulse,[Add comma] but Zweilous generally doesn’t have the speed or bulk to set up, even with Eviloite. Choice Scarf is an option as with a Jolly nature, he can outspeed Pokemon with 110 base Speed and max Speed EVs,[Add comma] but this is generally better left to a Pokemon with better movepool options such as Honchkrow.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Countering a Pokemon with more physical attack than Rayquaza can seem tough,[Add comma] but Steel-types do a great job at it as long as they are careful of Fire Fang. Aggron and Steelix are great candidates thanks to their gargantuan defence and resistance to Outrage, and to add to this, both of them also have powerful STAB attacks that can severely maim Zweilous. Checking Zweilous is a much easier prospect however, as a number of fast and strong Fighting types can come in to take out Zweilous with a quick Close Combat or Hi-Jump Kick,[Add comma] but although most cannot take an Outrage. Many Ice- and Bug- types are in a similar boat as well. Zweilous is very vulnerable to status, especially burn, so anything with above base 60 Speed and Will-O-Wisp such as Rotom and Rotom-A can very easily cripple Zweilous for the rest of the match.</p>

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your overview is in parts bordering on plagiarism. I'm not saying you're going to be punished, but remember that the UU and RU overviews may well end up right next to each other, and as such it will be blindingly obvious to anyone reading the analysis. I didn't think my overview was that good you needed to copy it!

Fixed all the above changes, Thank-you.

Your overview is in parts bordering on plagiarism. I'm not saying you're going to be punished, but remember that the UU and RU overviews may well end up right next to each other, and as such it will be blindingly obvious to anyone reading the analysis. I didn't think my overview was that good you needed to copy it!
Damn, they are really similar. I changed some of the wording around but is still much too similar. Unfortunately, that's the information that was on my skeleton and can't change it too much without having to do QC all over again. If any GP members have some way around this, such as changing the wording while still keeping the information that would be great.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The overview, OO, and Checks and Counters sections has nothing to very little to do with QC, so any changes you deem necessary can be changed on the whim

After too long of an absence, I have reviewed my analysis. Frankly, I'm not sure how to change it. I mean, all the information is vital and I dont think it should be taken away and adding anything would be redundant. So changing the wording would be the main option and I cant think of how to do that effectively. I tried to make all the points flow into the next and have pros in one consecutive thought and cons in another so I am hesitant of changing the order too much. I hate to be too high maintenance but, do any GP members have some advice on that?

Just rewrite it in your own writing style. Shouldn't be too difficult...
This was in my own writing style...

The similarities between this and the UU analysis are in the content so, to be more specific, I'm asking the GP team how to phrase statements like: "over 150 base attack" and "beating Uber behomoths" differently as to differentiate them from the UU analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)