Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

nada e ninguem

formerly Kyuss
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, I'm new to PU. I've been trying this team with grassy terrain, and wondering if its good and could have any edits. https://pokepast.es/922360cc7c0cc10f
Weeks later, but still. I like the idea of not so dedicated grassy terrain. Right at first glance i can notice a big vulnerability to Rotom-H. Replacing Duraludon with Goodra or swapping Sandaconda with Gastrodon might help against it. I'm also skeptical about Hitmonlee's role in the current configuration. It typically comes in, activates Unburden or uses Rapid Spin, but it's too easily countered without an attack boost, contributing little to the team. Consider replacing Mach Punch with Swords Dance to enhance Hitmonlee's impact and ensure it provides more value during its time on the field. Also consider using Knock Off over Stone Edge to better threaten anti-spinners. Rapid Spin is kind of not ideal also, as it keeps you helpless against fairies, you can think about making it a fully committed sweeper and give Defog to Scyther, it'll have an easier time removing hazards anyway. A good midground would be Sandslash (spin + rocks) > Sanda, Goodra over Duraludon, Poison Jab, Knock Off and SD > Spin, Mach and SE on Lee also, also changed Staraptor to + Speed and odd HP to have one extra switch in on rocks, made Thwackey Adamant + Grassy Glide + Tera Grass to have a valuable prioirity and optimal HP number for Terrain recovery. It's a very shallow overview, you are still vulnerable to most psychic/fairies, but you can get some insights.

https://pokepast.es/60c557c16e285406

Weeks later, but still. I like the idea of not so dedicated grassy terrain. Right at first glance i can notice a big vulnerability to Rotom-H. Replacing Duraludon with Goodra or swapping Sandaconda with Gastrodon might help against it. I'm also skeptical about Hitmonlee's role in the current configuration. It typically comes in, activates Unburden or uses Rapid Spin, but it's too easily countered without an attack boost, contributing little to the team. Consider replacing Mach Punch with Swords Dance to enhance Hitmonlee's impact and ensure it provides more value during its time on the field. Also consider using Knock Off over Stone Edge to better threaten anti-spinners. Rapid Spin is kind of not ideal also, as it keeps you helpless against fairies, you can think about making it a fully committed sweeper and give Defog to Scyther, it'll have an easier time removing hazards anyway. A good midground would be Sandslash (spin + rocks) > Sanda, Goodra over Duraludon, Poison Jab, Knock Off and SD > Spin, Mach and SE on Lee also, also changed Staraptor to + Speed and odd HP to have one extra switch in on rocks, made Thwackey Adamant + Grassy Glide + Tera Grass to have a valuable prioirity and optimal HP number for Terrain recovery. It's a very shallow overview, you are still vulnerable to most psychic/fairies, but you can get some insights.

https://pokepast.es/60c557c16e285406
Thank you so much!

Hey quick question, recently drought got banned in nu, why does this carry over to pu as well? I don't think sun was oppressive at all in the meta and as far as I know pu never suspected or discussed banning drought so it doesn't make sense to me to ban an entire team comp because it was oppressive in another tier.

rien

got that stank up on me
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey quick question, recently drought got banned in nu, why does this carry over to pu as well? I don't think sun was oppressive at all in the meta and as far as I know pu never suspected or discussed banning drought so it doesn't make sense to me to ban an entire team comp because it was oppressive in another tier.
Smogon bans are transitive, meaning that if something gets banned in a higher tier (in this case, nu), it becomes unusable in the tiers below it (in this case, pu) until the ban gets reverted. This has nothing to do with drought's viability (or lack thereof) in pu and we can't do anything about it

Last edited:
to add to the above, one of the reasons bans are transitive is because it's annoying and inaccessible to learn micro rules about what's banned in x tier but not banned in the tier below but banned in the tier below that. it's also just keeping things the same as how we tier individual pokemon themselves.

Hey guys im mega new to the smogon Forums but been playing Showdown and PU alot a few years ago.

Are there good ressources for Cores? Offensive and defensive? I have trouble teambuilding in this new gen. Back in the days I was running Gourgeist + Lanturn damn that was nice

gulch

formerly Melt Gibson
is a Forum Moderator
Hey guys im mega new to the smogon Forums but been playing Showdown and PU alot a few years ago.

Are there good ressources for Cores? Offensive and defensive? I have trouble teambuilding in this new gen. Back in the days I was running Gourgeist + Lanturn damn that was nice
hey! we don't have a cores thread, unfortunately, but we do have a speed tiers page and role compendium here as well as a viability ranking here! if those don't help you out quite enough, we also have a teambuilding lab here, and if you provide some sets/pokemon you'd like to use we'd be more than happy to build a team and show you the process to help give you some insight. once your account isn't as new (15 posts and/or one month since registration is the minimum i believe), you can also apply here to have someone tutor you!

you can also join the PU discord here to ask questions and discuss the meta in real time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)