CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember guys, I know it's the easiest, but the name doesn't have to be a portmanteau!

actually come to think like every pokemon name is a portmanteau ._.

well, i think we can make easy connections between the two types from the look of a pre-evo.
to make it simpler, here could be a rough description of the pre-evo
"*insert pokemons name* travel in packs around deserted islands (since he looks "tropical"). they are born with volcanoes on their backs, which when erupt, cause *insert name* to evolve."
remember, its just rough, thats not what i would put as the description.
Ask and ye shall recieve.

Sorry, your little talk about pre-evos had my creativity soaring again. I had to do it.

EDIT: As for the names, personally I like Carboneos the best. There's something quite badass about it, if I may.

Fizard.

You know, fire lizard. Short, sweet, too the point.

Or if we really want to be clever here, we can make something out of "wood" and "lizard." I call it Wizard. Here's the dex entry:

"Wild WIZARDs are notorious for their ability to speak human languages. They are often used as guard POKEMON, and will tell intruders that they shall not pass."
At that point why not just name it Gandalf and stick it in a LOTR game. Yeah No thanks on that one.

Might as well throw my names out there. Sticking with my Japanese name theme:

Mokukikou
木機甲
(Wood Armor)

Kikikou
木機甲
(Wood Armor)

Kinokikou
木の機甲
(Armor of Wood)

Mostly a pronounciation difference, as they all mean the same thing. Also, awesome pre-evo pic.

Hm... Instead of being Sceptape this is becoming Charizile. I see soo much Treecko and Charmander in that pre-evo. That's not a bad thing, I love those two designs, they are some of Sugimori's best.

Still requesting the next poll.

That's a pretty nice pre-evo. I do think it looks too much like a Grass type with a touch of Fire instead of a Fire/Grass.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Sorry, your little talk about pre-evos had my creativity soaring again. I had to do it.

EDIT: As for the names, personally I like Carboneos the best. There's something quite badass about it, if I may.
i feel special that i inspired the prevo.
so, you like the idea?
btw, i like carboneos too.

That's a pretty nice pre-evo. I do think it looks too much like a Grass type with a touch of Fire instead of a Fire/Grass.
Perhaps create a vest of fire around it's chest, similar to what the wood covers in the "Woodman" version?

Perhaps create a vest of fire around it's chest, similar to what the wood covers in the "Woodman" version?
Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. I believe that earlier evolutions should generally look less complex, and a vest of fire would actually be too striking, I think. Maybe I should simply change the colours.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. I believe that earlier evolutions should generally look less complex, and a vest of fire would actually be too striking, I think. Maybe I should simply change the colours.
I agree with that. So are you going to do a middle evo that ties woodsman and this one together? :)

You can clearly see the difference in art quality in this picture, but I wasn't too focused on the artistic aspects of this thing. I simply wanted to pull out an entire evolution line.

I'm not sure it works, but it's something to think about. It would be rather boring after all for all of the CAP to be only one-stage Pokemon, although competitively you might never touch the pre-evos.

I'm not sure it matters, Elagune, but, "Hey! What happened to the grass skirt on the middle one?"
I simply felt like it would be too boring to basically have something turn larger and get darker. There should be a slight difference in the designs somewhere. Something like Vigoroth.

Zathura: Red Wall references, eh?

I simply felt like it would be too boring to basically have something turn larger and get darker. There should be a slight difference in the designs somewhere. Something like Vigoroth.
I see your point.
Speaking of Vigoroth, when I saw Gentle Giant, Woodman, and the little Gentle guy (the last one), I thought of the Slaking line. Kind of a stretch, though.

in light of the great work you did on the pre evos, can you perhaps experiment with making the cannons just a bit smaller? that would fit with the less offensive nature of most of the stat spreads, especially if the armor became more prominent as well.

fantastic job! i must say, as an artist your work is fantastic. to be honest, i'm disappointed that this was the one that struck everyone's fancy, and not the gentle giant, because i was in love with that design. however, this is a fantastic piece, and his inspired people to make a kickass pokemon.

again, congrats and thanks!

in light of the great work you did on the pre evos, can you perhaps experiment with making the cannons just a bit smaller? that would fit with the less offensive nature of most of the stat spreads, especially if the armor became more prominent as well.

fantastic job! i must say, as an artist your work is fantastic. to be honest, i'm disappointed that this was the one that struck everyone's fancy, and not the gentle giant, because i was in love with that design. however, this is a fantastic piece, and his inspired people to make a kickass pokemon.

again, congrats and thanks!
Thanks for your comments, and it is a bit sad that Gentle Giant really didn't catch on, considering what little it had was support from the heart. (Personally, I spent the most time on it out of all my first designs!)

But as for changing the size of the cannons, I don't feel like it is something I should be doing. People voted for the concept that had been put up, and right now if I changed anything about it there might be people out there who feel like they have been cheated if something they liked was removed. I don't feel comfortable with making edits to the Woodman now, but thanks for the suggestion.

All I changed was the middle one. The trumpet cannons in the earlier picture was really starting to get to me.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I agree with the reduction of the cannon size as well. I don't think it adds anything to the feel of the Pokemon at all, to be honest.

It's fine as it is IMO, actually, I don't think it would be nearly as cool with
smaller cannons...

Tropicano for a name perhaps? (Tropical Volcano)

Thanks for your comments, and it is a bit sad that Gentle Giant really didn't catch on, considering what little it had was support from the heart. (Personally, I spent the most time on it out of all my first designs!)
I was trying to figure out if it could be edited into any other type combination and, I'm no artist, but by changing the body color, it could be anything. Electric/Grass, Ice/Grass, X/Grass. Also, I don't think it's a stretch at all to make him a 600 Base Stat Grass/Dragon. Personally, if we were to make a 600 Base Stat monster, I'm voting for the Gentle Giant whether he's in the poll or not. Maybe him not winning this poll is for the best!

Just a bit of optimism

But as for changing the size of the cannons, I don't feel like it is something I should be doing. People voted for the concept that had been put up, and right now if I changed anything about it there might be people out there who feel like they have been cheated if something they liked was removed. I don't feel comfortable with making edits to the Woodman now, but thanks for the suggestion.

All I changed was the middle one. The trumpet cannons in the earlier picture was really starting to get to me.
You're a great artist, and they truly look like Pokemon! I can't wait to see this sprited.

Here is my name suggestion:
"Tropicore"
(Tropic+core) sounds good if the pokedex said it XP
"The Jungle Armor Pokemon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)