Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Um...could someone do me a favor and post the tutorial video URL here for me?
My fricking comp won't let me go to the first page without closing my Internet. *Pissed*

-Terywj

AGH I don't remember which one. It's not that one.

The one by Thetorsoboy on how to hatch shinies.

This is retarded. I'm trying again.

Edit: Nope. Still no good. *Throws brick @ comp*

-Terywj

Thanks so much Test.

I still don't know why my comp is being retarded about that first page. Everything else on the forum is good, just that.

-Terywj

Thanks so much Test.

I still don't know why my comp is being retarded about that first page. Everything else on the forum is good, just that.

-Terywj
Yeah it is kinda strange...=o Well im glad you could view it at the end, I tought the link might not work.

Hey this is kind of a dumb question but whatever.
Is it possible to effect a Deoxys I'm getting from the green dude at the Pokemart? Or maybe "gift" pokemon can't be RNGed?

Hey this is kind of a dumb question but whatever.
Is it possible to effect a Deoxys I'm getting from the green dude at the Pokemart? Or maybe "gift" pokemon can't be RNGed?
Wondercard Pokemon? Yes they can, I don't know all th details but I know it's possible, tough I heard that the nature is always random. Check the front page first post, it should be around the bottom.

Can somebody please give me some direction on how to use the Reporter with Platinum? Every time I tried to use "Find Initial seed by stats", it always says "no reasonable initial seed found. Please check your date and time". All of the info that I input is right. And yes the time, I'm used to military time, I'm navy. Has anyone else had this issue? And, I also noticed that at the bottom of the"DPPT Seed Finder/Genrator", where there is the show offset box and Seed:. The two click boxes are cutoff and I can't even see what either says. Please help.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can somebody please give me some direction on how to use the Reporter with Platinum? Every time I tried to use "Find Initial seed by stats", it always says "no reasonable initial seed found. Please check your date and time". All of the info that I input is right. And yes the time, I'm used to military time, I'm navy. Has anyone else had this issue? And, I also noticed that at the bottom of the"DPPT Seed Finder/Genrator", where there is the show offset box and Seed:. The two click boxes are cutoff and I can't even see what either says. Please help.
Are you catching the Pokemon on a route with weather? If so, you don't want to do that. If you are not then you are incorrectly entering the date.

mingot: I am not catching them in weather, and they are supposed to be at least lvl. 50's right? As far as the date as of now, on the seed finder it reads:
Year Mo. Day Hour Min.
2009 7 29 12 24
From the last time I tried, right after noon.

And I am using seed finder by stats

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
mingot: I am not catching them in weather, and they are supposed to be at least lvl. 50's right? As far as the date as of now, on the seed finder it reads:
Year Mo. Day Hour Min.
2009 7 29 12 24
From the last time I tried, right after noon.

And I am using seed finder by stats
Your DS has a clock Poketch application (digital clock). Check that against what you think the hours are. Nearly 8,000 posts and there have been about 100 "seed finder does not work" and 99 of them have ended with "eureka! my time was not right", so not much I can say other than to double check.

Q1: Do I have to use a syncer for wild pokemon to have the nature I chose in the time finder?
Q2: What would a Gastly's frame be in the Old Chateau? Assuming I'm using sweet scent, because I'm not sure if the frame is considered one of the "sweet scent" frames or something else.

Q1: Do I have to use a syncer for wild pokemon to have the nature I chose in the time finder?
Q2: What would a Gastly's frame be in the Old Chateau? Assuming I'm using sweet scent, because I'm not sure if the frame is considered one of the "sweet scent" frames or something else.
1: It depends. Some seeds found with Wichu's calculator needs a syncer before they appear. Otherwise, syncers only serve to multiply the appearance rate of the spread.

2: Sweet Scent.

He's not asking you to check your time, he's asking you to check your target time.
No, he was asking him to check the time between the ds and the time he is synching and RNG reporter.

Two options for you to try

1. Don't take over 2 minutes to get into the game from the start of the game.

2. Next time you try, make sure your time on your ds and in RNG reporter are the same. If that's not the problem, then make sure you aren't putting the wrong stats in for the pokemon, because it works fine for everyone else.

No, he was asking him to check the time between the ds and the time he is synching and RNG reporter.

Two options for you to try

1. Don't take over 2 minutes to get into the game from the start of the game.

2. Next time you try, make sure your time on your ds and in RNG reporter are the same. If that's not the problem, then make sure you aren't putting the wrong stats in for the pokemon, because it works fine for everyone else.
They are set the same, and it doesn't effect just me, pokemonplatinum.net is full of those who have the same issue.

They are set the same, and it doesn't effect just me, pokemonplatinum.net is full of those who have the same issue.
I stand by RNGreporter's seed finder. I would bet my soul it's all user error.

A few things to check
1. Synchronize your DS to an external clock down to the second. Make sure month, date, and year are the same.
2. When you load your game, have it so it's set to the digital clock app is showing. Note the time it shows
3. When you load your game, be in a patch of grass right away and sweet scent. This way, there isn't a risk of you getting a frame RNGreporter's seed finder won't check.
4. Note your stats carefully. Don't go dyslexic on us.

I want to catch a Shinx on Route 202. The frame I want is 1013. I found its encounter slot to be 0 and there aren't any NPCs in the route. What would the number of RNG advances be if I was to Sweet Scent for it? Also I'm confused as to how that encounter slot works. Is that like a monster frame? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I want to catch a Shinx on Route 202. The frame I want is 1013. I found its encounter slot to be 0 and there aren't any NPCs in the route. What would the number of RNG advances be if I was to Sweet Scent for it? Also I'm confused as to how that encounter slot works. Is that like a monster frame? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Most of this is probably listed on the front page.

Target frame - 1 (monster frame) - 1 (Sweet Scent)
If odd, turn once in grass.
Then, divide by 2, that is the amount of journal flips you need to do with caught pokemon on it.

so 1013-1-1-1= 1010 /2= 505 journal flips.

Check the frames with the spread you wan and right click, and it will say sweet scent slot: #

You need to find one that has the same as shinx. 0 is an option, but there are also more. Check the frame you have what it is.

What I was getting at yesterday, is that I got the egg correctly the way it was described, but once I checked the PID (in pokesav) it was WAY off. Now when I loaded my save and used pokesav to change my ID/SID (no other changes whatsoever) the PID once I recieved the egg was correct. (I may point out that I checked the frame on the game I got the egg on, the PID there was correct for the end result I got the first time I recieved the egg - this was correct for the initial ID/SID, which were not right for the shiny. Then I got the right PID with the second time I got the egg, after the ID/SID change.)

It's really confusing me, and the only way I got it to work was to find the Target PID on the game I was trading to, and find the taps and flips for that PID on the original game. Which was almost impossible <_<.

The only point that the PID changed was when I changed the ID/SID, so someone go the wrong end of the stick with interpreting what I said.

All my request was actually about, was having a PID finder for a specific seed. Much quicker.

Well, the formula for journal flips (AKA rng advances) is:
(target)-(#of roamers)-(Sweet scent frame on first page)=x
Then divide X by 2. If it doesn't divide nicely, you need to either release a runner, take a chance with advancing the RNG by taking one step in a direction consistent with how you're facing, or take 128 steps outside of grass with an odd number of pokemon (in which case you subtract an additional number equal to the number of pokemon you have).

Encounter slots are very simple. Just right click the frame in RNGreporter to find the encounter slot for that frame. The encounter slot determines which pokemon you will find. In the latest version of RNGreporter, there are links that show tables so you know what appears in which encounter slot.

I stand by RNGreporter's seed finder. I would bet my soul it's all user error.

A few things to check
1. Synchronize your DS to an external clock down to the second. Make sure month, date, and year are the same.
2. When you load your game, have it so it's set to the digital clock app is showing. Note the time it shows
3. When you load your game, be in a patch of grass right away and sweet scent. This way, there isn't a risk of you getting a frame RNGreporter's seed finder won't check.
4. Note your stats carefully. Don't go dyslexic on us.
I will say that I wasn't aware of the standing in a patch of grass right away. And, I thought, as stated in the video, we don't have to have a poke with sweet scent. I can give those two a shot. Thank you for those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)