Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, some of those would be better with a Timid nature. Without a Timid nature for Alakazam, it loses to base 115s. Kyogre prefers a Timid nature for its Choice sets along with the Sweeping CM set but prefers a Modest one for more bulkier sets. Manaphy wants Timid to outspeed base 90s, while Timid/Naive Magnezone beats Metagross and Breloom by 1 point. Latias needs Timid as well in order to speed tie with other Latias.

In reality, the only Modest Pokemon that jumps into my head is Sub Petaya Empoleon, and even then you can use Timid to outspeed Choice Scarf Timid Rotom-a. The metagame is way too speed based to be using Modest anymore.
Modest Kingdra on a Rain Dance team :P

Another question that is a little more specific than my last one, but basically says the same thing.

first, the pages I will mention:

Link 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63984&page=6
Link 2: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

In link 1, it states that "Manaphy is now considered OU, and will be included on the Standard Ladder as soon as possible"

However, Link 2 states that Manaphy is still Uber.

Herein lies my question: Is manaphy Uber? (as link two states) or OU? (As PR States) I really would like to know, since Manaphy will hold a spot on a Team of mine if I can manage to finally get an Answer.

Thank you,
Zero_X54321

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Another question that is a little more specific than my last one, but basically says the same thing.

first, the pages I will mention:

Link 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63984&page=6
Link 2: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

In link 1, it states that "Manaphy is now considered OU, and will be included on the Standard Ladder as soon as possible"

However, Link 2 states that Manaphy is still Uber.

Herein lies my question: Is manaphy Uber? (as link two states) or OU? (As PR States) I really would like to know, since Manaphy will hold a spot on a Team of mine if I can manage to finally get an Answer.

Thank you,
Zero_X54321
Manaphy is still considered Uber. Voting should conclude around 1/26.

The voting thread can be found here.

frogbandit: in the user CP under edit details (or a similar name) it says "Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed."

Not sure how your date of birth would change, but that's what i would guess you would have to do.

ADIT: Also, thank you for the answer symphonyx64

If I EV train a pokemon to it's maximum, then leave it in the Day Care until it reaches level 100, will it have the same stats as if I trained it myself?

This is for Platinum, by the way.

If I EV train a pokemon to it's maximum, then leave it in the Day Care until it reaches level 100, will it have the same stats as if I trained it myself?

This is for Platinum, by the way.
Yes it should. Just make sure you have the EVs where you want them before you do that.

One more question and it's kind of two-part. I've been taking the pokemon I hatch at level 1 to the Day Care to level them up to 5, then checking for their IV's. Is this a good/accurate method to do this and, also, what is considered the "best" IV calc?

I promise I'm done after this :)

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
One more question and it's kind of two-part. I've been taking the pokemon I hatch at level 1 to the Day Care to level them up to 5, then checking for their IV's. Is this a good/accurate method to do this and, also, what is considered the "best" IV calc?

Back in the day, I used this calculator for computing possible IVs.

What you can always do is ask for an IV battle and set it so the levels are 100. At level 100, it can know for sure what the IVs are. I was unable to do WiFi for a while, so another thing i did was hack Rare Candies and just use them so you know around where the IVs are. Another thing you can do is upload the pokemon to PBR if you have it, and you can do a level 50 battle and see pretty close to where the IVs are. As for IV calcs, I've always used serebii's. It seems to work fine.

I remember someone in the old Heavy Offense thread a little before it closed that HO was basically dead because of how easy it was to counter. What modifications to, say, Anacronism's infamous team (Azelf, Mence, Dragonite, Lucario, Scizor, T-tar), or just HO teams in general, to help them better perform in today's OU metagame?

I remember someone in the old Heavy Offense thread a little before it closed that HO was basically dead because of how easy it was to counter. What modifications to, say, Anacronism's infamous team (Azelf, Mence, Dragonite, Lucario, Scizor, T-tar), or just HO teams in general, to help them better perform in today's OU metagame?
That's a very vague question.

It's something you need to find out for yourself. My suggestion is to test Hyper Offense teams on the ladder.

Metalkid's is the best. It can use stats from multiple levels, along with the characteristic and the hidden power type (attack a Kecleon or speak to a guy in Veilstone/Celadon Game Corner prize exchange), to get accurate IVs at lower levels that otherwise possible.

You'll still often need to get up into the 30s or so to get all the IVs though. But you can get a reasonable fix by level 10.

Hello!
I don't speak english very well because I'm from Brazil, so forgive me for any mistake.

The point is: I have a Salamence and I'm playing in Platinum.I went to that guy in the battle tower that say the potential of your pokemon and he said that my salamence is outstanding.I did a search and found that "outstanding" means that he has 31 IV's in all stats.
I became so happy but when I put it on lvl 50 and put its stats on a calculator , it said that he doesn't have any stats on 31.Then I came here to ask what's happening.
Pleasy help me
Thank you!

Thank you but I don't have access to wi-fi at home, what I really want to know is if the term outstanding is for pokemons with 31 IV' in all stats, because my salamence come closing to have it, but no =/
Sadly, I will put it on lvl 100 at the pokemon league to see it's stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)