Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it unusual that my Ho-oh, which I exposed to PokéRus on Monday, still has it (the purple "PKRS" image is still on his screen, rather than the yellow circle)? I've kept it in my party the entire time (and haven't really played that game much at all since Monday).

Is it unusual that my Ho-oh, which I exposed to PokéRus on Monday, still has it (the purple "PKRS" image is still on his screen, rather than the yellow circle)? I've kept it in my party the entire time (and haven't really played that game much at all since Monday).
To the best of my knowledge, yes, that is odd. I think that Pokérus only lasts until your Pokémon goes through midnight while in your party, so the virus should be gone now...

Edit: apparently there is no set time for Pokérus says Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokerus

Edit edit: your Rotom signature made me laugh

When starting a trade thread, what's the recommened number of pokes I should start with?
I'd say at least a few in every tier or in the family of that Pokémon (example: Tyrogue instead of evolution, or Bagon instead of evolution) but it's good to offer both

I'd say at least a few in every tier or in the family of that Pokémon (example: Tyrogue instead of evolution, or Bagon instead of evolution) but it's good to offer both

Thanks, I'm breeding like crazy for different pokes so I can start my little "Trade Factory" soon.

Is there anything else unlocked after you beat Red other than the starters?
The Blue and Red orb and Embedded tower are the only real big ones I think. A few minor things like getting your picture taken with Blue and trading Steven for a Beldum, but not really anything to really get excited about.

I'm trying to get a team finish for a Tournament, can anyone help me?
Move tutor for 48BP in the Frontier.

Is it true or has it been confirmed that pkrs gives more boosts to pokemon when they level? I just lvled my weavile (with pkrs) and it gained 9 speed points. Normally, before the pkrs, my weavile would gain a max of like 4-5 speed points everytime it lvled. So yeah, does pkrs add more boosts/points to a stat when lvled?

Is it true or has it been confirmed that pkrs gives more boosts to pokemon when they level? I just lvled my weavile (with pkrs) and it gained 9 speed points. Normally, before the pkrs, my weavile would gain a max of like 4-5 speed points everytime it lvled. So yeah, does pkrs add more boosts/points to a stat when lvled?
Pokerus doubles the ammount of EV's earned in battle, which if trained properly, will accelerate how their stats grow. Battling certain things gives you certain EV's, but there is a limit on how many EV's one pokemon can have.

Pokerus doubles the ammount of EV's earned in battle, which if trained properly, will accelerate how their stats grow. Battling certain things gives you certain EV's, but there is a limit on how many EV's one pokemon can have.

Yeah I know lol, so it also doubles points gained after a level?

Pkrs only doubles the EVs you get when you defeat a Pokemon. It doesn't activate when you grow another level, it's just that the game recalculates Wevile's stats when it levels up and you get a higher stat boost because the increase in the number of EVs has gotten larger since it last leveled up due to Pkrs.

Yeah I know lol, so it also doubles points gained after a level?
It seems to me that you don't know how EVs work, so I'll give you a quick explanation. Every Pokémon can have up to 510 EVs, or Effort Values. You get EVs by being awarded experience from a battle or by using items such as vitamins. You can have a maximum of 255 EVs in one of the six stats, but only numbers divisible by 4 have an effect on your Pokémon's stats, which is why 252 is used as a max instead of 255. Depending on what you fight, you will get different EVs, and a Pokémon awards EVs usually based on its highest stat. For example, from gaining experience from defeating a Lucario, your Pokémon will gain 1 Attack and 1 Special Attack EV. When you use a Power item, it will give you 4 EVs in the specified stat every time you gain experience, along with the Pokémon's naturally awarded EVs. When you have the Pokérus virus, it doubles all EVs your Pokémon gets for a limited period of time. I hope this helps

Pkrs only doubles the EVs you get when you defeat a Pokemon. It doesn't activate when you grow another level, it's just that the game recalculates Wevile's stats when it levels up and you get a higher stat boost because the increase in the number of EVs has gotten larger since it last leveled up due to Pkrs.

Ohh, so the # of EV's grew, alright thanks!

And to master ball, thanks for the info also :D

If one were to have a level 99 Pokemon with 252 EVs in one stat (after having leveled up, so the stat boost was expressed), use the -EV berries to take the EVs in that stat back down to 0, then level it up to 100, would the game show the Pokemon as having lost ~60 points in that stat, as having +0 change on levelup but displaying the stat as 60 lower, or freak out and not lower the stat? Whatever happens, this seems like a cool way to mess with the game.

Acritter:

The game recalculates the Pokemon's stats as it reduces its EVs. Therefore, it should not be possible for the game to show a stat reduction upon leveling it up.

Ming:

Stats are based not just on EVs (Effort Values) but on level as well. Due to the stat formula, a level 50 Pokemon has half the stat potential of a level 100 Pokemon. After having achieved maximum Effort Values, any increase in Speed will now just be due to the level gain.

Does anyone know why the power items are not guaranteeing IV inheritance for me in HG? Both parents have a 31 IV in speed, and I'm not consistently getting 31 speed IV babies.

I remember seeing a topic that listed what % of the metagame they outspeed made by x-act. I can't seem to find it anywhere though. Anyone know where it is?

Does anyone know why the power items are not guaranteeing IV inheritance for me in HG? Both parents have a 31 IV in speed, and I'm not consistently getting 31 speed IV babies.

Are the parents from different countries? I've heard that that can make the Power Items not work correctly, simmilarly to Everstones passing Natures.

@ poccil: If you hack a Lv. 99 Pokemon with 999 in every stat and level it up so it recalculates the stats, you may be able to see a stat drop or mess up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back