Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me making a spread/moveset that will maximize a calm Milotic's defenses?

Right now, mine has 252 HP/240 Defense/4 Speed/4 Special Attack with Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, and Recover...

How can I improve this spread without changing the nature?

I'm fairly new to EV training my pokémon, As such I don't know many Training hotspots.

Does anyone have a list of the best places to train EV's in HG?

If not, does anyone at least know the best places to train Attack and Speed EV's?

Has anyone caught a Flying or Surfing Pikachu on the Yellow Forest yet??
I'm wondering because 9500-10000 steps required to get a 2 or 3% chance of finding one is bad odds...
I caught a Docile Flying Pikachu today (:D) and I want to know if anyone else has yet.

These IV's decent for a serious nature gastly?
8 Hp
20 Attack
25 Defense
31 Sp Attk
19 Sp Def
28 Speed

I know its not the best lol :p

These IV's decent for a serious nature gastly?
8 Hp
20 Attack
25 Defense
31 Sp Attk
19 Sp Def
28 Speed

I know its not the best lol :p

The IVs are okay, but the nature is extremely important, and Serious isn't terrible, but you could use a better one

Can someone care to give me an explanation as to why the EV spread for Pokemon such as Lucario is given 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe instead of 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe? Is it to save some HP from the effect of Life Orb? Doesn't both the 281 HP and 282 HP have the same recoil damage since the recoil is rounded down, which mean 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe will grant a few more HP than the 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe? Is it the Stealth Rock and Spikes? But it still seem like the 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe will also give more HP than the 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe due to Lucario's typing making the SR damage the formula of x/32. Is that wrong and that there are other formula that I should keep in mind about? I am just a little confused. Thanks to anyone who's willing to explain.

I'm trying to breed encore as an egg move on to machop. I'm breeding it with a Mr mime. What position should encore be so it doesn't get erased? (i.e top or bottom)? Also, which pokemon should be female?

Can someone care to give me an explanation as to why the EV spread for Pokemon such as Lucario is given 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe instead of 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe? Is it to save some HP from the effect of Life Orb? Doesn't both the 281 HP and 282 HP have the same recoil damage since the recoil is rounded down, which mean 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe will grant a few more HP than the 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe? Is it the Stealth Rock and Spikes? But it still seem like the 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe will also give more HP than the 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe due to Lucario's typing making the SR damage the formula of x/32. Is that wrong and that there are other formula that I should keep in mind about? I am just a little confused. Thanks to anyone who's willing to explain.
To be honest, the last 4 EVs don't really matter that much. They're mostly just filler.

I'm trying to breed encore as an egg move on to machop. I'm breeding it with a Mr mime. What position should encore be so it doesn't get erased? (i.e top or bottom)? Also, which pokemon should be female?

It doesn't matter what position encore is in. The Machop must be the female, as in breeding the female determines the species, only the male can pass down egg moves.

Ok. When it levels up in the day care centre moves sometimes get erased. There's a specific order but I can't remember what it is =\ . Anyone know?

To be honest, the last 4 EVs don't really matter that much. They're mostly just filler.
It does matter for Pokemon like Gyarados and Salamence. :P

By moving 4 EVs from HP to Def as a filler, it allows them to not faint on the 4th turn of switching in on SR. So, 332/4 = 83, which mean they will faint on their 4th turn of switching in. On the other hand, 331/4 = 82 rounded down, which mean 331-328 = 3 HP remaining upon the 4th turn of switching in.

However, I'm still curious as to why most of the analysis are switching to 4 Def EV as a filler now, instead of 4 HP EV filler that they did in the past for almost every sweeper except those who are weak to Stealth Rock. I can totally understand the point of giving 4 Def EV to Gyarados and Salamence, but giving 4 Def EV to Lucario and Gengar? Their actual HP number doesn't seem to make them any more prone to any entry or external hazards with the addition of 1 more HP. Why not 4 HP EV for them instead? I guess for now I'll just go with 4 HP EV spread instead of 4 Def EV for Lucario. >_<

Can someone help me making a spread/moveset that will maximize a calm Milotic's defenses?

Right now, mine has 252 HP/240 Defense/4 Speed/4 Special Attack with Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, and Recover...

How can I improve this spread without changing the nature?

I took the numbers from Team Ikki Tou Sen from the RMT archives, and a Calm Nature gives an extra four points in special defense, whole maintaining the same other stats... Is my new spread alright?

I'm trying to unlock all the rooms in the Ruins of Alph. I've done the Flash and Escape Rope rooms. I need to get myself a Ho-oh for that room. However, I am in the room with 'Water' as the clue, and I have a Water Stone in my inventory. The door is not opening. What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to unlock all the rooms in the Ruins of Alph. I've done the Flash and Escape Rope rooms. I need to get myself a Ho-oh for that room. However, I am in the room with 'Water' as the clue, and I have a Water Stone in my inventory. The door is not opening. What am I doing wrong?

Go to your inventory and select the option "use", make sure your in front of the door too

What natures are good for a Ho-Oh? So far, I've only seen Adamant, Jolly, and Careful ones listed in the Smogon sets.
Those are about it, unless you're trying to run a Special Attack Ho-oh which I would definitely not suggest. But Ho-oh's main selling points are Attack and Special Defense so it makes sense to maximize one of those, (Adamant or Careful,) and minimize his most useless stat

Alright, went into the E4 about 13 levels underleveled just to check on it, and indeed I've now confirmed that being post-E4 is the benchmark for the third team in rematches.

Would anyone happen to know the fourth benchmark? I'd naturally assume it'd be defeating Red, but if they're trying to prevent the trainers from being overleveled that seems extreme putting level ~45s after a team of 80-88s. Maybe getting the eight Kanto badges and beating the E4 a second time? Just eight Kanto badges? Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back