Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simpler question and a more complicated one:
  • When I get around to it, Adamant or Jolly Ho-oh? What balls look good?
  • How exactly do Dive Balls work in this generation anyway? It says it's "good for Pokemon in the ocean". How would it define "ocean" exactly? Would it count for Lugia since the "arena" shows the same kind of water as surfing on the ocean between Olivine and Cianwood?

I would go with a Jolly Ho-oh, but Adamant wouldn't be bad. And no ball really looks great with Ho-oh, I say just find out which one you like the most or which one has the effect you like the most when you send out Ho-oh and use that one. And I think a Dive Ball gets a higher catch rate when it shows your fight against a wild Pokémon over the water, as opposed to grass or other terrain, so if the Lugia fight is above land, I would say it doesn't get an increased catch rate, if it's above water, I think it will

It will NOT. The first part of the method you described is fine: getting it to level 99 with Rare Candies and getting its EVs. However, Rare Candies do not apply EVs, so you'd have to give it the last level manually. It's better to do it the other way around: get its EVs at low levels, get one more natural level-up, and then use the Rare Candies.
Wrong. A Rare Candy WILL apply EVs. It just doesn't GIVE any. And even if it didn't, you could just box the Pokemon to get the EVs applied and then Candy it.

I would go with a Jolly Ho-oh, but Adamant wouldn't be bad. And no ball really looks great with Ho-oh, I say just find out which one you like the most or which one has the effect you like the most when you send out Ho-oh and use that one. And I think a Dive Ball gets a higher catch rate when it shows your fight against a wild Pokémon over the water, as opposed to grass or other terrain, so if the Lugia fight is above land, I would say it doesn't get an increased catch rate, if it's above water, I think it will
Too bad Cherish Balls are only for holding event Pokemon, I imagine they'd fit Ho-oh. The ball's red, Ho-oh's largely red, and there's the rainbow that accompanies the Pokemon bursting out.

And Lugia's above water, so if your guess is right then that'll work. And it seems pretty fitting too, I mean the Dive Ball's perfect for the Diving Pokemon. I guess I'd better get started on the painful process of getting a bunch of Dive Balls.

What is the most important factor in determining stats of a pokemon?

My friends got into a big debate...I figured it'd be Base Stats, EV's, Nature, and then IV's. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

Theoretically, I think that a 31 IV vs a 0 IV would be a bigger difference than nature, unless you're looking at positive vs negative rather than including a neutral nature. I only looked at Feraligatr, but based on that including a neutral results in a difference of 21-22, whereas iirc IVs = 1 point for each IV, meaning it would be 31 looking at a 31 opposed to a 0. But it'd still tie looking at a 31 compared to a 9.

When IV breeding in HGSS with the power items, if you have one on each parent so as to pass on 2 specific stats, are any of the other 4 IVs passed from either parent, or are they all randomized?

Didn't get an answer on the previous page. Any takers?

Are the games still keeping that "If you have ... Badge then your pokemon get a higher ... stat" thing? I thought they'd ditched that ages ago but they Pryce told me that his badge gave my pokemon more speed (I think). I don't think any other gym leaders say anything about it though. Is it still in the games, and if so how much difference does it make?

Are the games still keeping that "If you have ... Badge then your pokemon get a higher ... stat" thing? I thought they'd ditched that ages ago but they Pryce told me that his badge gave my pokemon more speed (I think). I don't think any other gym leaders say anything about it though. Is it still in the games, and if so how much difference does it make?

No, the stat-raising ability of Badges was gone since Gen II, so he probably said something else.

Actually, he said special stats, and I was wondering the same thing. He did explicitly say that it'll raise the special stats of your Pokemon, though, so the previous post makes me wonder.

This is what I came across while Googling. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Badge It seems they stopped the stat increase from badge since the 4th generation. I'm not sure how much the stat gets boosted though. Maybe 1.5x? It is also likely that the Johto and Kanto badges in HGSS no longer increases stats. Why? It's because all of the texts were taken directly from the older games.

Thanks! So basically, as long as I get fairly decent IVs and not zeroes in stats, eff flawless (I used to only breed for flawless but it pisses me off too much, haha)

Thanks again.

Question about the Pokewalker:
If I get 10000 steps on one route, and then bring my Pokemon back and send in a new one on a different route, the Pokewalker retains the step count for the day. Will I be able to find rare step-requiring Pokemon on the new route, or do I need to get 10000+ steps on the new route?

I'm still looking for these

Try this: http://pallettribune.com/forums/showthread.php?p=151862
^^ Suggestions on EV training locations in HG/SS ^^

They are still updated monthly, but there are no February stats because Doug lost the logs or something along those lines. They will return shortly.

So i'm building a team on HG for use in the storyline, and part of that team was Skarmory...it wasn't until after i bought the game i realized skarmory was exclusive to Ss. :/ so my question is, where is the first trainer you fight that has a Skarmory, so i can look for one in the GTS? I just beat Jasmine, she doesn't have one...
thanks!

Also, are you able to erase your save file in hgss and start a new game? I haven't tried but when you try starting a new game it gives you a warning that you will be unable to save the new game.

You have to go to the start menu and press a combination of buttons to erase your game before you can start a new one.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I am looking for a way to find out my SID, and i have no way to check a shiny I have for i have no shiny pokemon. Could anyone help with this please? Thanks.

Hey all quick question(s):

-When i evolve a nincada a shedninja appears. does the shedninja still have all of the same attributes [EVs, IVs, nature] as the nincada?

-and how does one breed rapid spin onto a tentecruel??

If I have an egg in Pearl with good IVs and I trade it to Heart Gold, will the IVs change?
-and how does one breed rapid spin onto a tentecruel??
You would need a Squirtle and a Kabuto.
First, get a male Squirtle to Lv.19 or a male Wartortle to Lv.20.
Next, breed that with a female Kabuto to produce a male Kabuto.
Finally, breed that with a female Tentacool.

Can someone explain in detail exactly what governs a Freeze break? I know the classic thaws such as berry and a fire attack on them. But I've heard using a Fire move itself can thaw your Poke (I think it's just Overheat, but I don't know.). I'm mainly just confused because I always used something like a Full Heal ingame, and I never really got frozen in Shoddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back