Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question #1: I see all this mention of Stealth Rocks,Flash Cannon's, Focus Punches, and other TM's you only get once in the game. These moves are required to form killer strategies in competitive play. So does everyone hack or is there some super secret awesome way of acquiring these elusive moves?

Question 2: What should I replace Thunder Wave and Low Kick for my Electivire? (physical sweeper)

Moves:
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Thunder Wave>replacement?
Low Kick>replacement?

Pokemaster 3000, I'm fairly sure that it would kill them anyway, but I'm not completely sure.

Darkstar, most of the competitive community plays over Shoddy, where you simply click check boxes of the four moves you would like. In-game and for Wi-fi, you have to buy the TMs, replay the games to find them again, or a couple other ways. I have Emerald, so I have an infinite supply of the first 50 TMs via Pal Park.

As for your Electivire, Low Kick is a decent move, but I would replace Thunder Wave with Fire Punch, or even Overheat. Just my opinion.

My question:
I mostly understand how RNG abuse works in 4th gen, but I really just can't get it to work. Would the only problem be getting the delay wrong for the correct seed? My coin flips never match up...

thunder punch, ice punch, cross chop and EQ/fire punch. pick your poison.

vire dont learn overheat btw.

you can buy and/or get most TMs on the battle frontier, but hacking is sometimes the main way.

I'm planning on running a Gyarados on my new team and came up with this spread.
45 HP/ 45 Def/ 168 Speed/ 252 Attack.Jolly nature.
With one DD,he outruns +Speed Jolteon and I think that's about the last thing I have to worry about outrunning because you don't see Rotom-A on Wi-fi but I'm not sure the 45s on those stats will make a significant difference.I just don't see the point in investing all 252 on Speed when 168 seems to be good enough.
Is my spread decent or is there something more complicated anyone can think of as long as it keeps the 168 in Speed and 252 in Attack?

Gengar, you're probably better off just dumping all 90 remaining EVs into HP, as Intimidate will cushion physical moves a bit anyway.

Another question, but about Emerald RNG abuse.
I'm tring to hit frame 18401 to get a decent Regice, but I never get the correct spread of course. The confusing part is that, looking 5 seconds early and late, I can't find the spreads I'm getting. I'm using the Excel chart that's posted near the bottom of this page: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/emerald_rng_part2

Any help?

Gengar, you're probably better off just dumping all 90 remaining EVs into HP, as Intimidate will cushion physical moves a bit anyway.

Another question, but about Emerald RNG abuse.
I'm tring to hit frame 18401 to get a decent Regice, but I never get the correct spread of course. The confusing part is that, looking 5 seconds early and late, I can't find the spreads I'm getting. I'm using the Excel chart that's posted near the bottom of this page: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/emerald_rng_part2

Any help?
I think your question belongs here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

:-)

is the 'guts' ability still active if an ailment is removed, or does it only work after being statused and while the status is up?

is the 'guts' ability still active if an ailment is removed, or does it only work after being statused and while the status is up?
Only when afflicted. For example, if you are using RestTalk to get a guts boost, and your Pokemon wakes up, the guts attack boost is lost

After answering the questions in Dragon's Den correctly, and receive badge/TM Dragon Pulse, can you reset for the Dratini?

AR Cloning Question and more!

• Is it possible to determine whether a certain Pokemon is a result of Action Replay Cloning Code? Is it possible to distinguish the original one from the AR cloned one? If yes, then can someone explain me how?
  • What is the maximum limit of the number of images that can be put in a single post?

You know i wish i could start over, however, too many hours have been invested in my current save and i do not have Wi-Fi out here in the cuts.Thanks for the help guys. I just thought i mention that i don't have HG/SS, just Platinum:toast:, so there might be a few TM's i cannot purchase from the usual department stores.

Oh okay than, now i just have to grind through the battle frontier and earn that BP for that EQ. I need that fire punch, my streak was getting pretty high until i ran into that Shedninja, my Electivire didn't stand a chance because of it's wonder guard. Cross Chop is borderline for me because of Low PP and Accuracy but I'll consider it. I find it odd Vire doesn't learn SuperPower.....

@Viashino wizard, i believe you have to wait on the tutor program though you can post in the appropriate forum to find out. I am fairly new so i am not sure if this was a helpful answer to your question.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • Is it possible to determine whether a certain Pokemon is a result of Action Replay Cloning Code? Is it possible to distinguish the original one from the AR cloned one? If yes, then can someone explain me how?
  • What is the maximum limit of the number of images that can be put in a single post?
100 images can be put into a single post, but I don't know about the first question.

Clones are identical to the base for their cloning, so the only way to tell that it is cloned is if you find an identical Pokémon including all of the IDs (TID or just ID, SID, PID)

Clones are identical to the base for their cloning, so the only way to tell that it is cloned is if you find an identical Pokémon including all of the IDs (TID or just ID, SID, PID)
Actually, 2 or more Pokémon that have the same IDs are not necessarily clones... you could catch more than one of the same Pokémon with the same PID pretty easily by abusing the RNG on a non-legendary Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)