Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

skarmory moveset

i need help with a skarmory taunt lead,

skarmory @ leftovers/quick claw/shed shell
ability: keen eye
impish nature (+def -spa)
- taunt
- whirlwind
- spikes
- roost/fly
EVs: 200 hp/ 56 atk/ 252 def

should i give up instant recovery for and attacking move? or just hope leftovers will do it for me?

If I have a Substitute up and switch, does an opponent's Pursuit hit my sub, or bypass it and hit my pokemon directly?

I've been battling for awhile now but I've been more or less just throwing random pokes in to make teams for the main part now I want to make some teams that actually has some synergy in them. A lot of places talk about using teams with a fire, wate,r grass core and I was just wondering if there are any other cores that complement each other like a fire, water, grass one.
cores? like one super effective on another and keeps going around? well,

ground, electric, water

ground, fire, grass

dark, ghost, bug

etc.

but if you were going with a main team member, i personaly like basing teams off of gengar or a tank like torterra.

I'm working towards completing my Pokedex, and I'm just wondering what Pokemon I need to actually catch because they're not able to breed. I know things like baby Pokemon, Legendaries/Ubers, Nidorina/Nidoqueen, etc., cant breed because the game wont allow. When I look up lists of Pokemon that are unable to breed, it only shows me baby Pokemon and Legendaries/Ubers, but I need to know what else and by that I mean things like Ditto, Smeargle, and so on. Things I need to catch in the game, but just cant use to breed to make an egg form of it and hatch it.

I'm mainly concentrating on generations 2-4 right now and I just feel like I've never completed those games, and I want to finish the Pokedex on those generation games. I have yet to continue my Black version, and even though I don't know much about the Pokemon in 5th gen it would be helpful to me to list in Pokemon that cant breed either in gen 5.

Thanks to whoever can post this information.

~ Aether Nexus

hi there,

was just wondering the ability unburden,
if say like the Pokemon uses his item, and switch out,

when he switch back in , does he still have 2x speed?

Thanks!

Alright, I'm new to the community like probably 500,000 of the other people here. I've been lurking around the forums for a couple of weeks now and go PO like 2 weeks ago. I've faced this a couple of times and I don't know how to counter it effectively w/o using a CS Poke. Problem Poke is Darminitan @ CS with 252 atk / 252 speed and just spams Flare Blitz. Would Swampert be a viable Poke to absorb the spam?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, aost, you want to ask that in this thread

And the answer to your question is yes.

A 252 HP / 252 Def Relaxed SRer Swampert: 28-33% from a Scarf Flare Blitz, a 4-5HKO.

With Sunshine, however, Flare Blitz from Darmanitan will do 42% min, so it's a solid 3HKO.

Here is a damage calculator for you that can do this for you:
http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

Defensive Gyarados can do the job better with SRs off the field, thanks to Intimidate.

Hey, aost, you want to ask that in this thread

And the answer to your question is yes.

A 252 HP / 252 Def Relaxed SRer Swampert: 28-33% from a Scarf Flare Blitz, a 4-5HKO.

With Sunshine, however, Flare Blitz from Darmanitan will do 42% min, so it's a solid 3HKO.

Here is a damage calculator for you that can do this for you:
http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

Defensive Gyarados can do the job better with SRs off the field, thanks to Intimidate.
Perfect answer! I'll see if I can fit Swampert or Gyarados to my team because my team seems weak to physical fire's like Darminitan and Infernape even through the rain especially if it is running Choice Scarf.

When I choose a Pokemon from the PC box to take on the Pokewalker, I notice that there seem to be two more spots for Pokemon, yet they are gray. Is it possible to walk three at once and gain exp for all of them? If so, how do I unlock those spots?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is an EV training related one. As far as I know, dittos give 1HP EV upon defeat, but my question is: If Ditto transforms into another pokemon, then it gives the usual EVs or it gives the EVs from the pokemon it used transform on?

Transform Reply

This is an EV training related one. As far as I know, dittos give 1HP EV upon defeat, but my question is: If Ditto transforms into another pokemon, then it gives the usual EVs or it gives the EVs from the pokemon it used transform on?
If it transforms it does give EVs of the Pokemon that it transformed into.

For example if a ditto transformed into a Zangoose it would give attack EVs when defeated.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
If it transforms it does give EVs of the Pokemon that it transformed into.

For example if a ditto transformed into a Zangoose it would give attack EVs when defeated.
^Thanks a lot!

Now I got another EV related question, this time is about Dunsparce. According to serebii's 4th gen pokedex, Dunsparce yields 1HP EV point. However in its 3rd gen pokedex it says it yields 1DEF EV point after the battle (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/206.shtml).
Can anyone confirm any of these? Cause I'm training a suicune on 3rd gen and I cannot afford to commit a mistake there >_<

^Thanks a lot!

Now I got another EV related question, this time is about Dunsparce. According to serebii's 4th gen pokedex, Dunsparce yields 1HP EV point. However in its 3rd gen pokedex it says it yields 1DEF EV point after the battle (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/206.shtml).
Can anyone confirm any of these? Cause I'm training a suicune on 3rd gen and I cannot afford to commit a mistake there >_<
It's HP. Also, I heard that the legendary beasts roaming around Kanto have low IV's, like less than 3. Just checking to make sure you knew that. Charmander was probably your starter, right?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
It's HP. Also, I heard that the legendary beasts roaming around Kanto have low IV's, like less than 3. Just checking to make sure you knew that. Charmander was probably your starter, right?
Yah I was aware of that, that's why I only went for nature when SR for it. Apparently that rule applies to every stat except HP, but meh, it's meant for ingame anyway not competitive (hence I can always restart colosseum and catch a better one =P).

bug bite vs x scissor

on scizors smogon page, it has bug bite, i know technician boosts it but does it really power it up enough to do more damage than x-scissor? i really don't want to use a move with that little power, but if it really does more than x-scissor.

this is up against a team of ubers, with dark and electric being the only type it matters on.

@Smogo
Bug Bite's base power is 60, so multiply that by 1.5 (Technician boost), and you've got a 90 power attack. X - Scissor is 80, so yes, Bug Bite does more damage than X - Scissor.

ok another question, for a no rules multie batlle, witch 4th move should i use?

Starmie @ choice scarf
ability: natural cure
timid nature (+spe -atk)
- trick
- hydro pump
- ice beam
- recover/doubleteam/cosmic power
EVs: 52 hp/ 4 def/ 200 spa/ 252 spe

i would use rapid spin but the people i'm battling aren't smart enough to use entry hazards lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)