Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hm, I haven't really tried the standalone seed verifier so I'm not entirely sure; but the roamers will cause some frame advancements when you start the game. RNGReporter and the verifier should say how many frames they will advance it.
How can i get RNG reporter to show me? Im guessing seed advance wont help?

The frames they will advance should be shown in the same place it says their locations will be. Make sure you enter their previous locations, though.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When we are capturing shinies; this is what we do, right? (I want to get it strait) -

1. Find Seed, and determine times.
2. Sync with external clock at sync time.
3. RESTART THE GAME AND PLAY UNTIL RESET TIME COMES UP THEN SOFT RESET AND MASH 'A' TO GET CORRECT DELAY.

Right?

Im asking because I seriously dont know what Im doing ...

The frames they will advance should be shown in the same place it says their locations will be. Make sure you enter their previous locations, though.
I did. I have another question, really sorry... BUT, how do i find my initial seed if i got it wrong? Seed verifier wont show me, and RNG reporter wont either. I triple checked to make sure i entered everything correctly, as well as the HG/SS Delay box.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I did. I have another question, really sorry... BUT, how do i find my initial seed if i got it wrong? Seed verifier wont show me, and RNG reporter wont either. I triple checked to make sure i entered everything correctly, as well as the HG/SS Delay box.
You can use the initial seed finder and enter the correct information, because as long as you do this it will work. Assuming it was not frame > 1000 or a delay more than 3600. If you met the following conditions and it didnt work, then you entered something incorrectly. Period.

You could also go back a page or two and find rng reporter 8, beta 3 (has all the functionality of the standalone seed verifier + more) which has adjacent searching via elm flips/roamers, but that might be a little complicated.

Hi. Just registered here to ask a few questions. I don't really understand how RNGing works, but I can use it.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask this because I'm afraid I missed something somewhere.

If my starter pokemon (in SS) is shiny, can I use it to find my SID?
If so, will I need rare candies? How many?
And last, with my SID, I can find shiny pokemon in grass, water, etc.?

See, I'm trying to make an all shiny pokedex, and I'm pretty sure RNGing is the best option that doesn't actually involve a cheating device.(If you know of something that makes it impossible to create an all shiny pokedex, I'd like
to hear it.)

Thanks for reading.

Please answer these:
1. I can't manage to hit the desired delay, though I can hit the target time correctly. Does it depend on luck or is there someway I may rectify this problem?
2. Does using the pokeradar advance the RNG? If so, then by how much?

You can use the initial seed finder and enter the correct information, because as long as you do this it will work. Assuming it was not frame > 1000 or a delay less than 3600. If you met the following conditions and it didnt work, then you entered something incorrectly. Period.

You could also go back a page or two and find rng reporter 8, beta 3 (has all the functionality of the standalone seed verifier + more) which has adjacent searching via elm flips/roamers, but that might be a little complicated.
Well, the frame is 89, and the delay is 3265 (i needed to add 400).
I guess i did enter something wrong. I triple checked everything: date, time, nature, pokemon, characteristic, hour, minute, and the HG/SS delay box. Ill try later... thanks.

Hi. Just registered here to ask a few questions. I don't really understand how RNGing works, but I can use it.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask this because I'm afraid I missed something somewhere.

If my starter pokemon (in SS) is shiny, can I use it to find my SID?
If so, will I need rare candies? How many?
And last, with my SID, I can find shiny pokemon in grass, water, etc.?

See, I'm trying to make an all shiny pokedex, and I'm pretty sure RNGing is the best option that doesn't actually involve a cheating device.(If you know of something that makes it impossible to create an all shiny pokedex, I'd like
to hear it.)

Thanks for reading.
Yes, if your starter is shiny you can use it to get your SID.
You'll need to work out your starter's IVs; technically, you don;t need any rare candies; you could do a level 100 Wifi battle, write down its level 100 stats during the battle, then find out what its IVs are from that.
One thing to be aware of is how many EVs your starter gets, though. Getting EVs will affect the stats; so you need to keep track of exactly how many EVs it earns before you check its IVs.
Once you have your SID, yes, you can use it to RNG for shiny wild Pokémon and to hatch shiny Pokémon.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When we are capturing shinies; this is what we do, right? (I want to get it strait) -

1. Find Seed, and determine times.
2. Sync with external clock at sync time.
3. RESTART THE GAME AND PLAY UNTIL RESET TIME COMES UP THEN SOFT RESET AND MASH 'A' TO GET CORRECT DELAY.

Right?

Im asking because I seriously dont know what Im doing ...
New page.

I want to abuse my ID on an original Diamond game, what's its regular delay to be able to calibrate well with pikatimer, and, someone have already abused its ID on DPPt?? I only see stuff about HG/SS -.-

Thanks in advice.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
beta 4

And, barring any bugs the final beta before 8.0

New Beta, changes from previous beta are blue.

http://users.smogon.com/mingot/rngreporter/RNGReporter_800beta4.zip

There are some big features here.

Seed to time is a little different -- now has four modes (used to be covered by a hodgepodge of checkboxes): DPP, HGSS, CUSTOM, and OPEN. Most folks will want hgss or dpp. These selections are now saved, making life easier.

The adjacents in Seed to Time supports HGSS, which means you can search via elm responses and roamer locations. This was updated from beta 2 to collect 9 elm responses to cut down on false positives.

The adjacents in Seed to Time also has a "roamer only" search, which should be fast and easy (and work great) when you have all three roamers out.

Added a nice little map display so you can easily find roamer routes, with a legend so you know which is which.

And added what I am calling "vertical search" on elm responses. From any method 1, k, hgss egg iv, or wondercard frame listing you can search elm responses and it will show you which frame you are on -- selecting the next frame. this is handy if you are doing something like going for a high(ish) frame as it well tell you where you currently are. So if you loose count, no big deal, just search. Of if you are worried the radio will be inconsistant, just stop 20 frames or so early and fix your exact frame location with elm calls and use them to finish up.

breeders will probably want to search for things on frames higher than 20 to make sure the elm calls to find location still leave you on a frame before.

VM with specific problems.

enjoy.

Can I suggest something, mingot? Letting you input delays above 9999 on the custom seed finder. I mean, the range would still be the same, right? If you know you're aiming for a delay of 22416, you would only search for min delay 20000, max delay 23000, or something like that, I don't think that would make the search much slower.

so Raikou is on frame 1? a few thing.....

1. does taking a step to release the beasts add any amount of frames?

2. my goal was to get on frame 41.... I landed on frame 46 which means either Raikou has a starting frame of 6.... (american version btw)
, taking a step advances the frame (taking the necessary step to release them), or calling elm in fact does NOT advance by 1 before you have the 3 responses available.....

@Fireblaster:
The date certainly matters, but there will be several different possibilities for each seed.

The final step to release them doesn't add any frames. His starting frame was 1 when I did it (English version), though I didn't try phoning Elm; just used Sweet Scent to check my seed, then advanced with the radio. It's quite possible phoning Elm won't add frames until he has the three messages...

@Fireblaster:
The date certainly matters, but there will be several different possibilities for each seed.

The final step to release them doesn't add any frames. His starting frame was 1 when I did it (English version), though I didn't try phoning Elm; just used Sweet Scent to check my seed, then advanced with the radio. It's quite possible phoning Elm won't add frames until he has the three messages...
well considering I overshot it I believe that phoning elm DOES add frames... just inconsistantly.... I called elm 3 times and Joey about 15 times.... never mind.... I am an IDIOT.... I forgot to add 6 after I sweet scent a poke.... that adds 6... so it would give me 47... I landed on 46.... I think I may have accidentally called elm one too few times... I will try again in a bit and if I don't have results posted tonight I will have some by the morning (if all goes well)

Thanks for all the help but I'm still clueless how to acually RNG abuse, I don't have huch time either. It's for the VGC and every day I spend here is another day less that I have to prepare for it.

is it possible to work out my SId w/o the need for a shiny?, i was told i can, and if so, how/where? i tried the request thread, no one seems to be able to do it, i cant do it on my own anymore

Have you read the guides? The best way to learn might be by having an attempt!

Anyway, the process is basically the same for each Pokémon. First, find a spread you want; you can either do a search in RNGReporter or another programme, or look at the spreadsheets to find a good one. The things to remember are the seed and frame.

Using Seed to Time in RNGReporter you can find out a time and delay that will give you your seed when you turn the game on at exactly that time with that delay.

Then it's a matter of trying to "hit your seed;" saving before the Pokémon you want to catch/egg you want to hatch, setting your DS's date and time so that when you enter the game it will be on your target time, taking exactly the right amount of time whilst resetting to hit your delay, checking to see if you got the right seed and repeating if you didn't.

Once you've hit your seed, it's then a matter of advancing the frames until you get to the one that you want. Then you simply collect your perfect Pokémon!

So, here's a run down as to how I caught my Lugia:
1. First, I found the seed I wanted. I found the seed d2140289 in one of the spreadsheets linked to from the guide; this results in a flawless Timid Pokémon on frame 114 with Method 1. (In fact I abused my SID to make this spread shiny on my game).
2. Having got the seed, I used RNGReporter to find a time and delay that would enable me to enter the game with this seed. I found that 31st March 2010 at 20:58:59 would do, with a delay of 639.
3. I used the programme emloop, entering my delay to find what this translated to in seconds. Having already calibrated emloop, I knew I would need to add about 310; so I actually used the delay of 950 in emloop. This gave a value of about 16 seconds; I made up the difference to the 59 seconds required for my seed in emloop's other box.
4. Now I got to Lugia's room and saved, making a note of Entei's Route before doing so.
5. Then I restarted and set my DS to 31st March 2010 at 20:58:00, pressing A to confirm the time change at the same time as starting emloop's first countdown.
6. I restarted my DS and quickly got through to the game, where I waited for emloop's first countdown to finish. The moment it did, I soft resetted.
7. I quickly pressed A to get to the continue screen. Having calibrated previously, I knew that my game always hit even delays and I needed an odd one; so I scrolled down to the second screen and back up. Then I pressed A to continue as soon as emloop's second countdown finished.
8. I know needed to check my seed. I did this using the roamer's method. Factoring in Entei's initial postion, RNGReporter told me what route Entei should be on if I'd hit my seed. If I'd hit it, I moved on; if not, I went back to step 5. Other possible methods of checking an initial seed (not possible in Lugia's room) are 'phone calls to Elm and catching a Pokémon and checking its IVs.
9. Once I'd hit my seed, I needed to advance to the correct frame. Lugia is a Method K Pokémon, so I selected that in RNGReporter. I was aiming for a Timid spread, so I had a Timid Pokémon with Synchronise leading my party; I entered this in RNGReporter. It then showed which frames Lugia would appear on. I took into account the fact that Entei would advance the frame by the amount reported, and worked out how many frame advances I would need to make to get to one of the frames of the spread I was after.
10. I then advanced the frame by running around in Lugia's room; every 128 steps advanced the frame by the number of Pokémon in my party (six, in this case). Other methods of advancing the frame are 'phone calls to Elm (1 advance), 'phone calls to other people, such as Joey (2 advances), or tuning the radio into the bottom right station then detuning it (1 advance); these are impossible in Lugia's room, though.
11. Then I encountered and caught Lugia. It was easy to see I'd hit my frame because it was shiny; but usually, you'd check to see it had the right IVs. If not, you'd find out what frame it was, work out what you did wrong and go back to step 5.

does anyone have any suggestions outside of Emloop (which I'm currently using) to try and nail delays better? I'm usually within 2-12 of my target delay, and it is beginning to erk me.

Also, what is the average white screen delay for HGSS? I got a 345 for mine, but I'm not sure if it will always be that or if I should collect a few more trials and average them together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)