Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Awh yeah, first RNG ever! A shiny Drifloon! Granted, the IVs are absolutely horrible (6/2/17/2/28/3), I just wanted a shiny on a low frame to try out.

Anyway, my question, during my RNGing I hit delays between 590 and 605 (595 was the target), so is it safe for me to assume that my calibration delay is that? I've never really done a calibration phase, only in a rather low level area with weather effects and sweet scent not working (not sure if that does anything, but I'm paranoid), and the results were a bit alike.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for their help, finally caught my Shiny Ho-oh; special thanks to Mingot and Showsni!

I'm having trouble getting the right egg base (ie. nature, gender, ability) for breeding a non-shiny. I kno i could use poketch in DPPt, but that's not possible in HGSS. Is there some way of using the same function as the 'Shiny Egg' in time finder but without the egg being shiny? Or do I have to keep resetting for different seeds? I guess I could attach an everstone to a parent, but would that mess up the predictions for when I abuse for IV's?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm having trouble getting the right egg base (ie. nature, gender, ability) for breeding a non-shiny. I kno i could use poketch in DPPt, but that's not possible in HGSS. Is there some way of using the same function as the 'Shiny Egg' in time finder but without the egg being shiny? Or do I have to keep resetting for different seeds? I guess I could attach an everstone to a parent, but would that mess up the predictions for when I abuse for IV's?
Uh, use an everstone.

this question has probably been asked before, but maybe i'll get a different response with all the new updates.

when rnging for raikou/entei in the burnt tower, is catching a pokemon and finding its ivs the only way to find your initial seed? i don't want to have to transfer a bunch of rare candies to my SS game...

I think the research thread showed that a few other people's 'phonecalls had the same pattern as Elm's; so you could use the Elm method, but 'phoning one of them. I believe Irwin was one? Check the research thread...

I've been attempting to attempt Pokewalker abuse.

I'm aiming for the Seed: FF07000A
It appears at 5/31/2010 7:54:46

At 7:54:40, I press A from the DSi menu to enter the game, since I heard it takes ~6.7 seconds from the menu to get to the point where it Seeds. Confirmation on this would be nice.

Frame 1 of the Seed should look like:
13/26/18/19/25/8

Several times, I have got this:
26/13/5/29/11/23

I checked Seeds to each direction for 10 seconds and found nothing like the spread I got. Could someone please help me find out what Seed I keep hitting? I tried entering the IVs into the Reporter, and it came up with one Seed that was very clearly incorrect. So if someone could check low delays, that would be great. Since I can hit the same Seed consistently, if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'm all set.

By the way, for those interested, FF07000A is a lovely seed. 29/31/31/27/31/18 on frame 5.

I was just looking at the information on pokewalker pokes in the research thread (I'm trying to get a boomlax) and, unfortunately, All I see is *MATH* and I can't figure out how to translate that information into something usable. Would somebody be willing to PM me and help walk me through how to derive a seed and frame for a given spread?

Two questions:

I am working on egg IVs in HG.

Question 1) When I use time finder, do I make sure HG/SS inheritance is always clicked? I'm asking because I'm not sure if this is only for when you place a power item on a parent.

Question 2) How do you usually advance the frames? Do you just call Elm as many times as needed? Say your frame is 1 and your target is three? Do you call Elm twice?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Two questions:

I am working on egg IVs in HG.

Question 1) When I use time finder, do I make sure HG/SS inheritance is always clicked? I'm asking because I'm not sure if this is only for when you place a power item on a parent. Yes, whenever you abuse for egg IVs on HG/SS always have the HG/SS inheritance checked, also,you never use the power items when your abusing egg IVs on HG/SS the effects they have on the RNG are not entirely certain so if you have them on your pokemon remove them.

Question 2) How do you usually advance the frames? Do you just call Elm as many times as needed? Say your frame is 1 and your target is three? Do you call Elm twice?Yes that's what you would do and Elm calls are one way one way and the best way imo but this only works if you unlocked the three messages needed for elm calls to function properly, and also its best to choose a frame from 6-15 because then you can use the elm calls to check if you hit your seed as well as advance the frames.

Thanks, Nexus. I haven't seen anywhere that I can use Elm calls to check if I hit my seed. When I did the work for getting a shiny egg, there was an app for it, but I don't see anything but heads and tails info when I use time finder for egg IVs, not even when I checkmark HG/SS inheritance.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Speaking of roamers, if you've already defeated them before, when are their IV's generated? Right after you defeat lance? If that's the case, how the hell do you SR for them?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, Nexus. I haven't seen anywhere that I can use Elm calls to check if I hit my seed. When I did the work for getting a shiny egg, there was an app for it, but I don't see anything but heads and tails info when I use time finder for egg IVs, not even when I checkmark HG/SS inheritance.
hmm must not have been programmed into time finder, well what you can do is take the seed you get from time finder, located under the column Seed, then input that seed into RNG reporter's main window in the box labeled Seed (Hex) for methods select Breeding HG/SS then click generate and in the lower right corner of RNg reporter you should see some text that says "Elm Responses for Seed", once you press generate there should appear a sequence of letters like K,P,P,E,E,E,P,P,K,E for example. Those letters stand for the message elm should give you for that particular seed. So if you call elm and he gives you that sequence then you most likely hit your seed. Look at the third post on this thread for information on what the letters stand for and their corresponding messages. Also note that each call you make to elm will advance the frame by 1 so just by calling him 10 times to verify your seed you will have advanced the RNG by 10 frames.

Speaking of roamers, if you've already defeated them before, when are their IV's generated? Right after you defeat lance? If that's the case, how the hell do you SR for them?
They are generated right when you talk to lance for the champion battle so you would save in the room where lance is in and hit your desired seed + frame. More info about this is found in the following post:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559264&postcount=2

So I'm not sure why but the search function is just giving me a black page with "Done." at the bottom so I did try that. Is there any easy way to calculate what HP your poke will have before you start without using the a+b+c+.. formula? I'm trying to get my Ghastly HP Fire but am not sure of an exact IV spread.

Never mind, found something.

So i'm using a flawless ditto and a gengar with an awful spread that, according to the recorder, cannot get me HP fire 70. Do I just keep breeding/catching ghastlies until I get one with a 30 speed IV? I assume so, but want to make sure there's not some other way.

I have a quick question that applies to Diamond... If my target frame is a 6 and the frame I'm saved on is a 6, then do I just advance through the journal by pressing start? I shouldn't have to change the frame at all but I don't know if pressing start will advance it.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but if my frame is an even number, is it possible to get to a target frame of an odd number? For example, if my frame is a 4, can I shoot for a target frame of 17 or is that impossible?

Thanks.

i need help..

okay after i get my egg w/ nature and ability i check my save frame get the frame, date and time of the ivs i want, do the journal flips, but never get the IVs.. i dont know what im doing wrong

I have a quick question that applies to Diamond... If my target frame is a 6 and the frame I'm saved on is a 6, then do I just advance through the journal by pressing start? I shouldn't have to change the frame at all but I don't know if pressing start will advance it.
I would advise you to look for a target frame at least 2+ your save frame. But as for the question, as long as your journal 1st page do not have a captured/defeated pkmn(debatable), then you should just enter the world by pressing start.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but if my frame is an even number, is it possible to get to a target frame of an odd number? For example, if my frame is a 4, can I shoot for a target frame of 17 or is that impossible?
Not unless you try to save to get a odd save frame.
Your target frame must be the same as type as your save frame.
i.e.
Target frame 6 - Save frame 4 = 2/2 = 1 page flip
Target frame 5 - save frame 3 = 2/2 = 1 page flip
Target frame 6 - save frame 3 = 3/2 = 1.5 flips???(basically hard to hit)

Thanks.
i need help..

okay after i get my egg w/ nature and ability i check my save frame get the frame, date and time of the ivs i want, do the journal flips, but never get the IVs.. i dont know what im doing wrong
Did you verify did you hit your seed with the coin flip method, seeing if you hit your target time?
So I'm not sure why but the search function is just giving me a black page with "Done." at the bottom so I did try that. Is there any easy way to calculate what HP your poke will have before you start without using the a+b+c+.. formula? I'm trying to get my Ghastly HP Fire but am not sure of an exact IV spread.
Hp Fire
Odd or even/Even/Odd/Even/Odd/Even

Never mind, found something.

So i'm using a flawless ditto and a gengar with an awful spread that, according to the recorder, cannot get me HP fire 70. Do I just keep breeding/catching ghastlies until I get one with a 30 speed IV? I assume so, but want to make sure there's not some other way.
Yes, you have to either try to breed a gastly or capture one. Or you can ask a member if they have a flawless Hp Fire ditto

yea, and i dont hit it.. i dont know why..
Do you have a target time or delay you're trying for? The target time and delay determine your initial seed, which pretty much directs the whole process.

EDIT***
Anyone know the monster frame for Mewtwo in HGSS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)