Team Parahax: OU Wifi RMT

Hey, Smogon. How's it going? You look good? Did you lose a little weight? Oh, a new haircut. What? Oh, it just so happens I have a team here, that I would like rated.

I would not really consider myself an excellent player, but I do have my moments. This team I am very proud of, and I was hoping I could make it better.

It all started a while ago when I bred this guy.

I've always thought Machamp was cool, but I never had a chance to use my favorite set; his bulk up set. Its very slow, but I felt it had potential, kind of similar to CMcune. I set upon a plan to make it work. I decided to make a team based on thunderwave. For my next member, I decided I wanted someone who could heal Machamp as well as paralyze. At first, a bulky Latias held this spot with a set consisting of (wish/ Thunderwave/ Dragon Pulse/ protect), Latias is now uber, so i had to find a replacement fast.

So far, Celebi has actually worked out better than Latias. However, I have had limited time to test it. She is very bulky, capable of living the assaults a +1 Max+ attack mence (although she wont be much good if she takes those hits). Next i wanted a special tank. One with thunderwave. One that would make an opponent shudder, just to look at her.

No, silly, not Blissey.

This is a thunder wave team, Where would I be without the most annoying paraflincher in the game? Oh, speaking of which; Normally you pick your lead last, but I knew what I wanted already.

Scarfrachi, while normally just annoying, reaches total aggravation here with the thunder waves floating around. Paraflinches abound, and it can trick its scarf in the late game and still be faster. Now I wanted more sweepers. I noticed I had nowhere to go to take fire type hits, so i wanted to take care of that.

Gyarados can be a damned bulky beast. He can also score paraflinches with waterfall, and sometimes doesn't even need a DD to sweep. But now i noticed that I had a problem with electric type attacks myself. Enter my sixth.

It's often speculated that Rhyperior's speed prevents him from sweeping. He also has excellent STABs, and his typing gives him a resistance to fire and an immunity to electric, which this team kind of needs. I picked him over Swampert because of his overkill attack Stat.

And now, for an in depth look

Jirachi
Serene Grace
Jolly @ Choice Scarf
80 Hp/ 252 Att/ 176 Speed
Iron Head
U turn
Stealth rock
Trick

A standard lead, this Jirachi has a few tricks up it's sleeves for late game. After a majority of the opponents team has been thunderwaved, he can trick his scarf to a wall, and still outrun much of the opponents team. Iron Head + paralyze+ serene grace is just too mean.

Celebi
Natural cure
Bold @ Leftovers
252 Hp/ 220 Def/ 36 Sp att
Grass Knot
Recover
Thunder wave
Leech Seed

Celebi is the glue that holds this team together. She is simply amazing. She keeps threats like mence and gyara from walking over me, uses thunder wave to cripple the opponent's team in general, and heals my other pokemon with Leech Seed.

Togekiss
Serene Grace
Calm @ Leftovers
252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp Def
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Roost
Thunder wave

The other half of my walling/ paralyzing duo. i picked Aura Sphere because Togekiss can actually sweep late game if everything is paralyzed.

Rhyperior
Solid Rock
Adamant@ leftovers
140 Hp/ 252 Att/ 128 Speed
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Megahorn
Substitute.

Rhyperior is a complete and utter beast. It can come in on weak attackers, or pokemon that can't hurt it, and just set up a sub. If everything has been paralyzed, good luck.

Gyarados
Intimidate
Adamant @ leftovers
156 Hp/ 104 Att/ 100 Def/ 150 Speed
Waterfall
Bounce
Dragon dance
Earthquake

Yeah this is basically Bozo's truth build, but I needed a bulky Gyara, and his fit the bill.

Machamp
No Guard
Adamant @ Leftovers
244 Hp/ 252 Att/ 8 Speed
Bulk Up
Stone edge
Ice Punch
Dynamic Punch

The star of this team, and one of my favorite pokemon. Hes a beast, and with all the tyranitar running around, he has enough chances to come in and set up. If I can paralyze everything, the he gets some nice parafusion going, and he can usually sweep.

A final look

This Thread might get locked because, not enough description for your Pokemon. But Ill give you some help with it.

1st Of you should change Machamp to Lead Wreck Havoc at the lead spot.

Machamp
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 176HP / 252Atk / 60SpDef / 20Spe
Moves:
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback

Next, Up since this is a ParaHax Team i would change Jirachi to the Sub T-Wave Rachi if you wanna kno the set got to smogcast and listen 2 numba 1 or 2

Have you considered Starmie in your threats? It has natural cure and with Surf+Tbolt+Ice beam it can hit all your pokemon for at least neutral damage while hitting 4 with SE

Hello!

My suggestion to you is to switch the scarf on Rachi to expert belt to fake a scarf, and change trick to t-wave while they either switch or set up you can set up your own SR or t-wave them, which you mentioned helps your main sweepers sweep because of their lack of speed. I know you said that iron head+t-wave+serene grace is too mean, but this will help clear the road for your sweepers.

I have noticed that an offensive CM suicune can run through your team quite easily. I suggest that you pack an electric move somewhere on this team.

Good Luck!

This Thread might get locked because, not enough description for your Pokemon. But Ill give you some help with it.

1st Of you should change Machamp to Lead Wreck Havoc at the lead spot.

Machamp
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 176HP / 252Atk / 60SpDef / 20Spe
Moves:
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback

Next, Up since this is a ParaHax Team i would change Jirachi to the Sub T-Wave Rachi if you wanna kno the set got to smogcast and listen 2 numba 1 or 2
I appreciate your comment, but I was getting a little sick of lead machamp. He was working well for me, but this team was built around Bulk Up Machamp because i want to see what it can do.

That sub Twave Jirachi sounds really interesting though. I will have to see if i can get my hands on one.

@KidX- Its funny you mention Offensive CMCune. My last battle I faced one and it was promptly shut down by trick. I do like your suggestion for an Expert belt lead with Thunder wave (and unlike Killadav's idea, I can alter my existing rachi set as opposed to getting a whole new Rachi), but i am worried replacing trick will leave me open to some beastly walls who care nothing for thunder wave (Suicune, for example).

Have you considered Starmie in your threats? It has natural cure and with Surf+Tbolt+Ice beam it can hit all your pokemon for at least neutral damage while hitting 4 with SE
I read your comments before I went camping, and spent a good chunk of the trip trying to figure it out. Starmie does present a HUGE threat to my team, and I don't really have very many options against it. Surf/ Beam/ Bolt is pretty insane coverage, and I can't really do anything unless I want to completely change jirachi's set or decide to run a blissey. Starmie is weak to Bug, so U turn will wreck it, and the only way it can outrun me is with with a scarf of its own (in which can, all I have to do is out predict it.)

If it's modest with Life Orb, though, then I'm proper screwed. I'm not too sure what I can do about it, though. Maybe I can replace Gyarados or Rhyperior, but I am not sure with what.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

First, I suggest you change your Machamp into a Sub+3 Attacks set.
Machamp@Lefties
No guard
Adamant
248hp/252attack/8spe
-Sub
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Stone edge

This Machamp can usually net you 2 kills. Force something out like a pursuit locked Tar on your Celebi, sub, and proceed accordingly. Sub also protects you from Rotom-A's status.

You can get HP Fire on Celebi for scizor but on Wi-Fi, it's just near impossible.

Now, I can see Heatran's Fire Blast deals quite a number on your team especially in late-game when rhyperior is gone and Togekiss and Gyarados are both on low health due to SR.

I would suggest a vaporeon to wall heatran and even infernape.
Vaporeon@Lefties
Water Absorb
Bold
188Hp/252Def/68Spe
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Ice Beam/Toxic

This gives you Wish recovery to your team after they took some beating.
Last one is mainly for filler though.

Good luck, hope I helped.

Okay, I realize I'm necroing this thread. But I've made some major changes.

The first change is that I've tried the Substitute Machamp, and I'm never going back. My opponents hate him, and I love him. Definitely a keeper.

I decided to replace Rhyperior. I loved his bone crushing power, and sheer bulk, but he left too many holes in my team i couldn't plug. I experimented with a number of powerful ground types before i finally settled on old faithful; Swampert. However, it wasn't as simple as that. I was having trouble with his set. First i tried the typical mixpert, but i found it lacked the power i needed for this role. I tried Choice Band, but i found it lacked the bulk i required. After some experimentation, i have developed this set

Swampert
Impish @ Leftovers
240 Hp/ 114 Att/ 156 def
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Stealth rock

This set looks weird, but its been working somewhat well. This set was intended to be a stealth rock lead, so I swapped rocks on Jirachi for Ice Punch. All these Ice Moves might seem like overkill, but i feel the extra insurance against Gliscor and Flygon are necessary. (Remember, those are the fastest offensive ground types in this gen. Who are immune to thunder wave.)

In any case, I'm not sure about the EVs. If anyone wants to devise a better spread, I will be grateful.

I decided to replace Gyarados as well. Enter my new sixth

Heatran
Mild @ Life Orb
252 sp att/ 252 speed/ 4 att
Fire Blast
Explosion
Hidden Power Grass
Earth Power

This thing is pretty low tech. Solid resistances, ridiculous power, excellent coverage. I like mild for its overkill power, but i was considering Naive or hasty to help outspeed Breloom, (although most are adamant, anyway).

Threats:

Starmie: Starmie is unequivocally biggest threat this team can face. It can 2KO my entire team, and can cure out, granting it a virtual immunity to thunderwave. I still paralyze it anyway. It forces the starmie to waste its time switching, or is slower than my attackers. Jirachi can revenge kill with U turn if its at 70 percent or below. Swampert and Celebi can take a hit and deal some damage, but they won't like it. Togekiss isn't 2KOed by Ice Beam/Tbolt, but Stealth rock really makes its life difficult.

Breloom: Breloom is a close second to dangerous threats. It can come into Swampert or Togekiss, and set up. I don't have an awful lot to stop it once it gets rolling. If i'm lucky, i can thunder wave on the switch, but usually i have to sacrifice something to break the sub, and then i can kill it with Jirachi or Heatran.

Flygon: The fastest ground type (and thus immune to thunderwave), Flygon is only a mediocre threat to this team. Most are choiced, and those sets have their own inherent problems. If worse comes to worse, Swampert or Jirachi can take an outrage and Ice Punch back. Gliscor can present similar problems, but the lack of STAB outrage makes him less problematic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)