Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm trying to RNG in Soul Silver, and I've already found the shiny seed that I'm trying to hit. My delays have been pretty inconsistent, and I recently got an even delay while I've been getting odd delays this whole time. I'm not sure what the problem is. My FireRed has been in my DS since I started, and I haven't taken it out. Help please?

Been a while since I had to insert a cartridge, but if I have an odd delay do I want to have the cartridge in during calibration if I'm using emloop or after calibration?

You use PokeRNG (see first few posts of this help thread for link) and you generate spreads for different natures/IVs to see what comes up.

I'm trying to RNG in Soul Silver, and I've already found the shiny seed that I'm trying to hit. My delays have been pretty inconsistent, and I recently got an even delay while I've been getting odd delays this whole time. I'm not sure what the problem is. My FireRed has been in my DS since I started, and I haven't taken it out. Help please?

First, make sure the FireRed game did not get dislodged slightly. Give it a little shove to be sure it's in tight. Second, delays can swing on HGSS. So narrow down your delays to as close as you can get to the target, but do not adjust Pikatimer when you see ridiculous delay results on your adjacents. If you notice you are near the range of your target delay, stick to the same timer that Pikatimer is currently on or adjust it only very slightly one delay up or down if you notice your results are always slightly up from the target or slightly down from the target. When you have swinging delays, you sometimes just have to keep trying until the same timer settings land you on your target. It sometimes takes a while, sometimes only a few tries, so be careful adjusting Pikatimer.

I need help with RNGing my SID/OT. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The seed is (edit) 740f232c

The min delay I'm using is 4000

The wanted delay is 8994

On seeds to time, I have the following date: 2010 06 09,15:03:59
(I tried a 12 second target, but Pikatimer gave me a first timer with it that was impossible for me to accomplish on a ROM.)

On Pikatimer, I have 4000 min, 8994 wanted, 12 seconds calibrated, 59 seconds wanted.

I've gotten these results:

delay 8535 at 4 seconds
delay 8832 at 11 seconds
delay 8907 at 14 seconds
delay 8999 at 15 seconds

As you can see, the last delay makes Pikatimer lower its second countdown. Also, I'm not getting at all close to the 59 seconds in my target date.

Can anyone expert at SID/OT RNG help me with this please? I've been trying for two days and this happens over and over.

For Poke Radar Abuse, I know it says to choose a frame of 700 or higher, but is it possible to go lower than that? Like has anyone tried it lower than 700?

@JRT: Yeah, you can go way lower. I've done 2 that were sub 200 before, but I had no room for error what so-ever. I had to do some testing with it, but it is do-able.

Chamommy : sorry, I can't bring you any help here, but I wanted to know, how come you reached both odd and even delays ? does it no work like delays to get in game ?

(hidden question : could I have reached a odd delay when creating my game, when I only reach even delays to get in game, under the same conditions (no touching the gba slot))

Ok and I was a little confused with some things when I read it. So what I want I do is to keep track of the steps I've made, the number of patches, my target frame, subtract that all according to the guide, then that will give me my new frame with which I can calculate my journal flips, correct?

Oh and my synch is weak, so if I switch the lead twice, will that affect anything?

@JRT: Sorry, but I can't really help with that. I did a guess and check type of thing to get my 2.

@Xileh: You can insert/remove a GBA game, sometimes ARs being inserted change it, going +/- 1 year, and I believe scrolling down to the second part of the continue screen, pressing B, and then going to continue. The last one I'm not 100% positive, and it will take a little longer to do.

That's ok. Anyone else?

:EDIT:

Wait do I even have to have the syncher infront when catching my targeted pokeradar pokemon for the first time?

RNG Reporter 8.30 Unable check "Shiny Only" Box

Hi guys, I've just spent about a day and a half trying to set up the RNG Reporter via setting up Ubuntu 10.4 on VirtualBox. I finally got the RNG Reporter to open, YAY, and tested it out and did manage to hatch a pokemon with the nature, and ability I put into the RNG Reporter, so it does seem to be working, BUT I have one problem. There is text that says "Shiny Only" but nowhere that I can check so that only shiny pokemon will be generated. Here is exactly what it looks like:

On the RNG Manipulation guide it says the RNG Reporter is compatible with Linux, so why am I missing the shiny only box? Is there something I can install to get this working, as this is pretty much my only option to running the RNG Reporter since I'm a Mac user.

I also found it odd that I can't check the Shiny Only box because I figured out how to get the RNG Reporter running thanks to this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2115757&postcount=121
On the image they supply there IS a place to check Shiny Only, however the RNG Reporter is a much older version so I'm guessing that might be the difference?

Sorry if I'm pestering you guys but I can't seem to find any more information about what to do, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

Based on what WildEep says about Honey Trees, if I have a hexadecimal like this: C6B0, clearly I don't have 4 digits, so if I have to add 0's, do I have exactly do that for this?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"seconds" vs. "delay"

I've always been confused about something, even though I've been successfully RNG abusing for quite a while. What is the difference between the measurement of "seconds" and "delay?" For example, I always shoot for a target time or XX:XX:14 seconds, and almost always get 14. That's the measurement from the moment from pressing A on the DS front screen to the moment you press continue on? Then what is "delay" a measurement of? Is that the amount of time to get to the Continue screen?

seconds is the seconds value the moment you press continue
example you press continue on 5:50:42
seconds is 42

delay is the amount of time you spend on the continue screen (from lauching or soft-resetting the game to pressing continue)
delay ~= seconds x60 (real seconds, not the seconds value)

Hello, I'm having some trouble using the RNG.
I'm trying to catch a shiny Suicune in Pokemon Gold Heart almost a week, also try to hatch shiny eggs, but can not.

The Prof.Elm never responds with the correct letters, and never reach the required delay (always spends a few delays [5~20] of the correct delay).

I'm trying to follow a tutorial I found on youtube, what am I doing wrong?

Link of the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oazP3bFPH8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CKanUiA2gg

I still need help from someone who knows the mechanics of RNGing their SID/OT combo. Please look at my results and tell me what I'm omitting or not doing right.

I need help with RNGing my SID/OT. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The seed is (edit) 740f232c

The min delay I'm using is 4000

The wanted delay is 8994

On seeds to time, I have the following date: 2010 06 09,15:03:59
(I tried a 12 second target, but Pikatimer gave me a first timer with it that was impossible for me to accomplish on a ROM.)

On Pikatimer, I have 4000 min, 8994 wanted, 12 seconds calibrated, 59 seconds wanted.

I've gotten these results (based on generated OT/SIDs):

delay 8535 at 4 seconds
delay 8832 at 11 seconds
delay 8907 at 14 seconds
delay 8999 at 15 seconds

As you can see, the last delay makes Pikatimer lower its second countdown. Also, I'm not getting at all close to the 59 seconds in my target date.

Can anyone expert at SID/OT RNG help me with this please? I've been trying for two days and this happens over and over.
Chamommy : sorry, I can't bring you any help here, but I wanted to know, how come you reached both odd and even delays ? does it no work like delays to get in game ?

(hidden question : could I have reached a odd delay when creating my game, when I only reach even delays to get in game, under the same conditions (no touching the gba slot))
I don't know the answers to your questions. This is the my very first attempt to RNG a SID/OT combo, so I know very little about it.

I'm trying to capture a Modest Kyogre in HGSS.

the seed is bc0101f1, the delay is 487

The target frames were 12.

The target time was 2010/03/24 1:57:59

I advanced 8 frames, since there are 3 roaming Pokémon (Latias, Entei, Raikou) and Kyogre has a "monster frame" of 1.

I got the Elm calls as RNG Reporter said - EKKEKPKE

I got a Lax Kyogre with crappy IVs, when checking it in RNG Reporter, it said the delay was 487 and the seconds 59, so I must have messed up with the frames, but I don't really know why.

Edit: I guess I'd better kill off the roamers, that's probably it.

Hello guys, I have OmegaDonut's Shiny high IV spread group sheet. I want to RNG a shiny Dialga with high IVs but I don't know how to get the seed since I don't see it on the sheet. Also, I don't know how to configure the pikatimer to have enough time to activate the 100% catch and IV check codes using Nitrohax for my Diamond game. I already have my ID and SID abused and I've never RNGed a pokemon before. Thanks in advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)