Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Also, can anyone offer any advice on the best method to use to most accurately hit your delay when you're still starting out? I have an AR hooked up too, and have noticed that it feels like there's a bit of a dely between hitting the 'start' button and the game starting to load, is this actually the case or does it just seem that way?
The delay between the game starting after hitting start on AR is about 2 seconds. So for 14 second times, I hit start at 58 seconds, so I hit that instead of 16 seconds.

I'm trying to RNG an OT/SID. When I go to use Seed to Time I get a delay different from the one reported on Pandora's Box.

Example:

18061811 with a 6161 delay according to Pandora's box, but Seed Finder gives it a delay of 6151

Is this going to mess up my results?

That's because of the year. You probably setup an infinite search on Pandora's box, and the search is running on year 2000.

Oh! Ok, so it won't mess up my results at all. I'll eventually get the OT/SID I want anyhow, because Pikatimer should eventually land me on it if I keep updating using adjacents.

Thanks, Pehu.

Edit:

What do you do when you get a bunch of compatible seeds with many different delays and many different seconds? How do you know which one is the one you actually landed on?

Question on RNGing the Pokewalker.

I understand that the formula for the IRNG for determing the nature is 192C + P (C is the # of DS connections, and P is the # of pokemon caught), but how do you tell what nature corresponds to the number you get for the IRNG?

Should I RNG the dogs before or after the Leauge?
After the league, and I recommend not catching them until you've caught everything else you want to RNG first.

Edit: Repeating my question:

For OT/SID abuse: What do you do when you get a bunch of compatible seeds with many different delays and many different seconds? How do you know which one is the one you actually landed on?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After the league, and I recommend not catching them until you've caught everything else you want to RNG first.

For OT/SID abuse: What do you do when you get a bunch of compatible seeds with many different delays and many different seconds? How do you know which one is the one you actually landed on?
well the obvious thing you should do is rule out any seeds with seconds that are far of from your target time. Since your using a timer, hitting a target time should be easy and you should know what you hit, as for the delays again rule out any weird delays or if you know your getting even delays and on odd one pops out, that's something to help you determine, which seed is yours.

Question on RNGing the Pokewalker.

I understand that the formula for the IRNG for determing the nature is 192C + P (C is the # of DS connections, and P is the # of pokemon caught), but how do you tell what nature corresponds to the number you get for the IRNG?
Its kinda lengthy and I just learned this from Wild Eep early in the morning

First you find a seed
then you have to look calculate how many connections and how many pokemon you must capture to reach your frame

Ex:ED160017 Frame 5

So I have to make 1 connection, and I will have to transfer 3 pokemon to reach my frame

192 * C(1) +P(3) = 195(which I will refer to as F.I.)

You then take your seed (ED160017), input it in the RNGReporter and generate it under Dppt Egg PID. Once you generate your seed, look for the frame of F.I (195). You then take the PID of F.I (195) and convert it from Hexidecimal to decimal (which you can use windows calculator to do)

To convert Hexidecimal to decimal on window calculator

1. open the calculator
2. click view
3. select programmer
4.Make sure that the HEX bubble is on
5. Type in the PID
6. Once you type in the PID, click the dec bubble (this will convert hexidecimal to decimal)
7. Once you get a result, store it somewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To find the nature
1. Click view, and change the calculator to scientific
2. type in the decimal number for the hexidecimal number (you can copy and paste it)
3. Once you type in the decimal number, click the MOD button
4. Once you click that button, type in 24 and press Enter or the "=" sign

You should get a number 0-23, find the nature that correspond from the number from this page

That number is what nature that pkmn will be.

There is a way to change natures with connection errors but its really not tested yet.

My head hurts from doing calculation from my other seed

Edit
If you have a low frame, can you post you seed and I kinda try to help you learn how to find the natures

alright i am in kanto trying to RNG a zapdos, and i was wondering what else advances my frames?(besides calls).
And what station do i move the radio to and how much with the frames advance by?
thanks!

alright i am in kanto trying to RNG a zapdos, and i was wondering what else advances my frames?(besides calls).
And what station do i move the radio to and how much with the frames advance by?
thanks!
Radio taps, Radio in the lower right corner
Each tap is +1 advancement
Every show except Buena Password will advance your frame, buena will not

OK, I've found a cool spread on emerald, and I want to RNG it. I just want to make sure I understand everything BEFORE I spend hours trying to do it. (this is for breeding)

The frame is: 2391
The time is: 39.85 Seconds

So, this means that I reset (and start my timer). Mash "A" through the "continue" screen, talk to the man, and 39.85 seconds after I origonally reset, I collect the egg? Is this correct?

Its kinda lengthy and I just learned this from Wild Eep early in the morning

First you find a seed
then you have to look calculate how many connections and how many pokemon you must capture to reach your frame

Ex:ED160017 Frame 5

So I have to make 1 connection, and I will have to transfer 3 pokemon to reach my frame

192 * C(1) +P(3) = 195(which I will refer to as F.I.)

You then take your seed (ED160017), input it in the RNGReporter and generate it under Dppt Egg PID. Once you generate your seed, look for the frame of F.I (195). You then take the PID of F.I (195) and convert it from Hexidecimal to decimal (which you can use windows calculator to do)

To convert Hexidecimal to decimal on window calculator

1. open the calculator
2. click view
3. select programmer
4.Make sure that the HEX bubble is on
5. Type in the PID
6. Once you type in the PID, click the dec bubble (this will convert hexidecimal to decimal)
7. Once you get a result, store it somewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To find the nature
1. Click view, and change the calculator to scientific
2. type in the decimal number for the hexidecimal number (you can copy and paste it)
3. Once you type in the decimal number, click the MOD button
4. Once you click that button, type in 24 and press Enter or the "=" sign

You should get a number 0-23, find the nature that correspond from the number from this page

That number is what nature that pkmn will be.

There is a way to change natures with connection errors but its really not tested yet.

My head hurts from doing calculation from my other seed

Edit
If you have a low frame, can you post you seed and I kinda try to help you learn how to find the natures
Wow thanks a lot...makes more sense.

The seed I want to go for is B903004E with a frame of 3. I know that with one connection, the pokemon ends up having a Careful nature, and using what you told me, the end result ended up giving me 23, which equates to Careful. So, there's no doubt about it working from my end.

I just need to figure out how to go about getting an Adamant nature. Any help would be appreciated :).

my private seed
0410001D frame 3 31/31/31/11/23/29 Adamant by my calculations

You can experiment with connection errors but unless you like doing research, I would advise you not to do it

I was thinking about attempting feebas because I have a pretty good spread I want to use. Now in R/S, it didn't take that long to find the tiles, but in platinum, all I need to know is if there is a discovered encounter code for feebas (like trophy garden).

my private seed
0410001D frame 3 31/31/31/11/23/29 Adamant by my calculations

You can experiment with connection errors but unless you like doing research, I would advise you not to do it
Thanks I'll try that seed if I find it would take too many connections to get Adamant on this seed and another one I have in mind. Thanks.

Btw, I'm guessing you found that seed through research? And j/w, what exactly does the mod button do?

Thanks I'll try that seed if I find it would take too many connections to get Adamant on this seed and another one I have in mind. Thanks.

Btw, I'm guessing you found that seed through research? And j/w, what exactly does the mod button do?
Its shows the interger reminder of 2 number

% = mod (in EECE and CMPS)
So If 9/3 = 3
then 9 % 3 = 0 because there is no remainder

1/2 = 0
but 1 % 2 = 3

Interesting.

Well I managed to find an IRNG frame for Adamant after 4 connections for a similar seed and it works. Thanks again for all the help.

Allright, I finally succeeded in RNG abusing a pokemon in HG (shiny flawless horsea :D). However, I am having trouble getting the exact delays I need for other guys. I am using pika timer to reach high delays so I do not need to use weird years. The thing is, I am constantly having to adjust the timer because I'm always a bit off. How does anyone who has gotten pika timer down manage to hit a delay constitently? I am taking over 40 minutes to get the right delay :0

Allright, I finally succeeded in RNG abusing a pokemon in HG (shiny flawless horsea :D). However, I am having trouble getting the exact delays I need for other guys. I am using pika timer to reach high delays so I do not need to use weird years. The thing is, I am constantly having to adjust the timer because I'm always a bit off. How does anyone who has gotten pika timer down manage to hit a delay constitently? I am taking over 40 minutes to get the right delay :0
Sometimes if I try adjusting pikatimer too much i keep getting the delay off. Basically I keep trying until I can reliably hit the same delay or thereabouts (like 3x in a row) then adjust pikatimer accordingly. Easier said than done though sometimes lol.

@ Chamommy

Also you can just pick up your starter poke and find your SID if you can do that, to find out what seed you hit for certain. Generally though you should be able to deduce the most probable seed you hit as Nexus said.

Sometimes if I try adjusting pikatimer too much i keep getting the delay off. Basically I keep trying until I can reliably hit the same delay or thereabouts (like 3x in a row) then adjust pikatimer accordingly. Easier said than done though sometimes lol.

@ Chamommy

Also you can just pick up your starter poke and find your SID if you can do that, to find out what seed you hit for certain. Generally though you should be able to deduce the most probable seed you hit as Nexus said.
I think I'll try the starter poke the next time, because I'm just getting too many options that are not my target seconds. Thanks, Exie.

Struggling with RNG...

Ok so I got RNG Reporter and pikatimer, I have been trying for 4 hours and not had any luck...I don't know if I am doing it right or not.

I click on Time Finder: go to the Shiny Egg tab, and check HGSS.

I enter my ID (I assume is on my trainer card) and my SID

From there I hit generate and wait til I find a frame of 1.

Once I find the frame of 1 I copy it to clipboard and go to Seed to Time.

Once I am at Seed to Time I check the HGSS and I check "E" and the route he was on when I saved, then generate.

From here I am not 100% what to do. I take the first selected date and set my DS to that.

I input the delay into PikaTimer and prep Pikatimer before setting the time.

Once ready I start PikaTimer and set the clock. When PikaTimer hits zero I start the game, when the second timer hits zero I continue from the starting screen that displays my time played and how many pokemon I have collected.

What am I doing wrong? :(

You need to update Pikatimer based on the adjacent delays you may have hit. It's very rare that Pikatimer has the correct countdown on the first try. I wrote a Noob guide that might help you. It's on my thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)