Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just now a friend of mine is trying to RNG on his DSi... He can't hit the seed even after several attempts counldn't reach the right seed.

a couple of minutes later he tries with my DSlite and gets the seed right several times actually...

So the question would be: Is there any difference RNGing with a DSi?
edit: BTW his game is SoulSilver..
There shouldn't be. I thought the same thing when I started doing it with my DSi, but now I'm fine.

I would just search the answer to this but it's 876 pages.

I hit the seed for IVs on my egg, I'm standing in front of the DC Man with 10 elm calls done, 3 radio advancements needed.

Now, I opened my radio and it was already at the lower right, playing search party. I have the DS closed at the radio and have not moved it.

How does that affect my frame, and how do I get back on track to frame 16?

Yeah, so long as the spread itself exists. Like you can't have a wild shiny Adamant (31/31/31/31/31/31) since that spread doesn't exist. But yeah, any of them are possible.

What would I do with this spread? (I don't really understand the guide..)
670a0790,322,193,227,189,255,HASTY,0,30,31,31,31,3 0,31,STEEL,70

There are some youtube videos that will help you with that. Below is a post by bearfan092 on the first page of this thread:
I managed to do it, thanks, though i'd seen these already.
My problem was i still had all 3 roamers out. Killed these off and started checking the seed i was hitting and was just a little off.
i thought i was doing something wrong because i wasnt hitting my seed but i couldnt verify it.
Got a shiny Forretress Careful 31,31,31,24,31,16

@Despotar: You take the seed (670a0790) and you use it in the Pandora's Box program to generate a list of possible combination that you can get along with the delay and seed you will need to hit in order to get that combination.

The delay runs from the time that you Soft Reset (or Cold start) and runs until the end of the TV show (not the text after the show where you're in your room, but the actual show). What I did when I abused my ID combo is time myself to see how long it takes for me to go through the entire set up. I usually would wait about 10 seconds after I was ready to finish so that I can give myself some extra time so I don't have to rush.

Anyways, from there find the delay it took (for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum I believe it should be somewhere between 4000-6000). Just see what you hit (you can use Pandora's Box for this as well). Then use that delay to search for something in your area, and abuse it like you would a wild pokemon/egg (as far as hitting the time and delay goes).

ARG I keep doing this but it never works right, My SID was found using AR and I have double checked to make sure its right, and I just did one with 2 & 3 for my taps (Using international as I have a japanese Ditto and using English pokes to breed with) and I counted properly as well as enter the seed finder properly, yet they never come out shiny.

I don't know why.

any reason why my frame would advance by two when picking up my egg from the daycare man? no roamers. no held items. i hit the seed and stop at 11 but the egg iv's are the frame 13 ivs.
edit: im rnging in hg

any reason why my frame would advance by two when picking up my egg from the daycare man? no roamers. no held items. i hit the seed and stop at 11 but the egg iv's are the frame 13 ivs.
Did you

A) move any steps or turn before you went up the daycare man?
B) have the game not paused during that time? There is a moving NPC at the bottom of the route.

I'm running into too many in the mid 40's though. Is there a place where I can consistently find something above 50?

I had that happen twice when I was still using the A button to advance the phone calls on the last call. When I stopped using it and used my thumb pad to press the recycle button bottom right of the screen, it didn't happen again. The A button is sometimes too slow and let's the NPC advance the frames around 2. But the recycle button seems to have immediate action when changing from the phonecall window to standing in front of the daycare man.

I'm running into too many in the mid 40's though. Is there a place where I can consistently find something above 50?
Nope, unless you just re-catch Lugia/Ho-Oh and switch off without saving - as I assume this is for calibration?

Also, can anyone offer any advice on the best method to use to most accurately hit your delay when you're still starting out? I have an AR hooked up too, and have noticed that it feels like there's a bit of a dely between hitting the 'start' button and the game starting to load, is this actually the case or does it just seem that way?

It doesn't make much of a difference as far as I can tell, besides how it changes the delay from even to odd (atleast mine does). The seconds do increase since you have to cold start it since soft reseting doesn't keep codes, but the delays stay in the same area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)