Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gothic + Black is. But reading Bulbapedia entries on name origins, Japan is surprisingly unoriginal or literal in naming :/
Yeah that's the one just is making me lean towards it's not real. But if what you say is true it might as well be! Who knows, it's just my gut feeling lol.

Lol I'm sorry but with clearly fan-directed rumors like those, I cannot believe them as real. Gothmon is really a gothic lolita, Greenmon is really a cell, tusky thing is really Ononokusu's first stage, Mijumaru's final stage is really a samurai, Tsutarja's final stage is really possibly Grass/Electric?

What's next this NOA guy will say, "hey guys Farfetch'd gets a Fighting/Flying evo"?
Haven't read any pages after this so now I'm going to have to edit my post with other replies later, but I just have to say I'm glad someone got my sentiment. It's just so hard to believe everybody is actually guessing these things right.

All the guesses have fact behind them i mean otterai and the ononokusu evo just appear to look that way. And I would hope that the pokemon look like what they are and that they evolve into something pretty similar to them. I mean I don't want another octillery.

Yeah that's the one just is making me lean towards it's not real. But if what you say is true it might as well be! Who knows, it's just my gut feeling lol.
Haha same here, I figure that Nintendo would never include the word "Gothic" in their games with that connotation...too negative for its image.

That's kinda what's making me doubt these rumors. They appeal too much to what we want, haha

I mean, I'm a big proponent for most of the things in the rumors, like samurai Mijumaru, Grass/Electric Tsutarja, and all that junk, but it just feels fishy we're getting what we want. One of the only things that bothers me is Pokabu evolving to have something to do with steam. Wtf? They're doing that whole Piplup thing, blowing off the obvious type and doing something else, which sucks in this case because Fire/Ground is not bad.

Man, talk about unpleasable fans if these rumors turn out to be true. We're getting what "we" want and were initially skeptical of it.

@Pokemon Pimp: [insert GothLoli lecture here that I accidentally deleted]

Gothic + Black is. But reading Bulbapedia entries on name origins, Japan is surprisingly unoriginal or literal in naming :/
Pokemon names are generaly unoriginal,the just smush together the name of a animal/object that looks like it ,and something that it does.
Blastoise,Ditto,Eevee,Venasaur,Jumpleaf,Purugly and etc

I didn't see anyone mention grass electric starter before this rumor. So I am not sure what you mean by saying the fans predicted and whanted this. But as I said we didn't nessacary want otterai but we saw its evolution with an obvious connection to a warrior along with shell blade. By putting those together we drew a conclusion of it being a warrior otter which we happened to like.

@ PTM (if that's an okay acronym to use :P): That's actually pretty cool. The only thing is that it describes the style as "the social backlash" to another style. But I don't live or are familiar with Japan so it's definitely okay. My bad :(

Gothic chick is pure Dark and is not going to be that good. Just my guess...

in japan the names are quite simple, its just that everywhere else they want to make the names look cool or something and then complain that they are persons who dont understand.

Pokemon names are genraly un original,the just smush together the name of a animal/object that looks like it ,and something that it does.
Blastoise,Ditto,Eevee,Venasaur,Jumpleaf,Purugly and etc
I liked Gen 1's names, which weren't ALL "adjective+noun", though "Seel" is admittedly horrible.

@Fiction: I know I've said at least twice that I recall in this thread for Tsutarja to be Grass/Electric like Quetzalcoatl and I KNOW someone else has said it too. The only typings I'd seen seriously thrown around that weren't Grass/Dragon were Grass/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Grass/Electric.

I didn't see anyone mention grass electric starter before this rumor. So I am not sure what you mean by saying the fans predicted and whanted this. But as I said we didn't nessacary want otterai but we saw its evolution with an obvious connection to a warrior along with shell blade. By putting those together we drew a conclusion of it being a warrior otter which we happened to like.
Sorry but Grass Electric starter was talked about a ton on this thread...I think people either want it to be Grass/Electric or Grass/Dragon.

We didn't envision Otterai but I for one very much want it now :P

in japan the names are quite simple, its just that everywhere else they want to make the names look cool or something and then complain that they are persons who dont understand.
Actually, the names ARE in general designed to sound "cool" in Japan as well. It's pretty trendy there to be able to speak English and using English words intermixed with Japanese is supposed to sound "cool". Hence why there are a lot of Japanese Pokemon names that are an English word combined with a Japanese one, or even some that are just straight up English.

Sorry but Grass Electric starter was talked about a ton on this thread...I think people either want it to be Grass/Electric or Grass/Dragon.

We didn't envision Otterai but I for one very much want it now :P
I think somone started the Grass/Electric thing way back because the last sylable of the Smugleaf evos was vaugly Electric,so I dont see how that proves the type combination.

I think somone started the Grass/Electric thing way back because the last sylable of the Smugleaf evos was vaugly Electric,so I dont see how that proves the type combination.
Nothing has "proven" the type combination. Also, as has been said, Grass/Electric typing has been tossed around as one of the favorites since way before the rumor's "Tsutawire" and "Tsutatesla" (which are both CLEARLY, not vaguely, electric-related).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mijumaru's final stage being a warrior otter is not so far-fetched though is it? Considering its second evo. The rest of them are eh
Yeah, while I can perfectly see all those guesses we had being true individually, I simply cannot believe all of them are correct. Mijumaru becoming a samurai/warrior makes sense specially after seeing that anime sketch, now, these rumors popping up perfectly match every other guess the fanbase has made until now. And we all know Game Freak likes to shit on logic and go the most retarded path possible.

This NOA guy forgot to add a random out-of-the-box rumor to give him some more credibility. Even if he's actually telling us the truth.

Nothing has "proven" the type combination. Also, as has been said, Grass/Electric typing has been tossed around as one of the favorites since way before the rumor's "Tsutawire" and "Tsutatesla" (which are both CLEARLY, not vaguely, electric-related).
I just saw the japanese names not the English translation,so now it makes alot of sense.
And Tsutatesla FTW,that is just a kick ass name,its going to be so hard to decide between A Samurai Otter,and A Electrical Plant Snake.

I just saw the japanese names not the English translation,so now it makes alot of sense.
And Tsutatesla FTW,that is just a kick ass name,its going to be so hard to decide between A Samurai Otter,and A Electrical Plant Snake.
I wish people would romanize the names more often instead of using the direct translations. We don't have official english transliterations for us like "Zekrom" and "Reshiram" for most Pokemon. When a Pokemon's name is an English word, make it spelled the same was the English word, not as LOLengrish like "Denchura". It can help people understand some names a little better.

Also, as cool as those would be, the rumor is still unconfirmed and still strikes me as terribly suspicious despite being, somehow, believable (is it because it all makes total sense? Because the names just click and sound "real"? I don't understand... I'm usually sure about things, like I was sure the anime pre-production sketches were real) as they are for the reason Mario with Lasers keeps bringing up.

I wish people would romanize the names more often instead of using the direct translations. We don't have official english transliterations for us like "Zekrom" and "Reshiram" for most Pokemon. When a Pokemon's name is an English word, make it spelled the same was the English word, not as LOLengrish like "Denchura". It can help people understand some names a little better.

Also, as cool as those would be, the rumor is still unconfirmed and still strikes me as terribly suspicious despite being, somehow, believable (is it because it all makes total sense? Because the names just click and sound "real"? I don't understand... I'm usually sure about things, like I was sure the anime pre-production sketches were real) as they are for the reason Mario with Lasers keeps bringing up.
This. I have a feeling the English names will give us a lot more insight so we shouldn't base everything off the Japanese names (unless someone here understands Japanese, in which case I apologize)

just like dreams never come true i doubt all the rumors are true and i already explained why, sure i also believe emo clown will be a lame-non-beam-katana-samurai-different-from-travis-touchdown but until 100% confirmation i wont put my bets on anything.

japanese names are such a pain sometimes but mostly because they use different letters, brasil, USA and others all use the same AEIOU bullshit while japan, china and i dont know wtf else use those weird symbols what make translations a LOT harder then normal.

This. I have a feeling the English names will give us a lot more insight so we shouldn't base everything off the Japanese names (unless someone here understands Japanese, in which case I apologize)
I think you misunderstood, LOL... while English names will be nice to have and might help us understand some of the Pokemon, a lot of Pokemon have English in their Japanese names too. But if you leave it directly translated, like "Denchura" or the rumored "Tsutatesura" it's hard to tell what English word is in it and thus harder to tell what the hell it is. It might also help people remember the names... "Dentula" is probably easier to remember than "Denchura" because, well, we know it has -tula as in tarantula in its name, and "den" isn't too hard to remember. Also, Deathkarn vs. Desukaan, etc.

I think you misunderstood, LOL... while English names will be nice to have and might help us understand some of the Pokemon, a lot of Pokemon have English in their Japanese names too. But if you leave it directly translated, like "Denchura" or the rumored "Tsutatesura" it's hard to tell what English word is in it and thus harder to tell what the hell it is. It might also help people remember the names... "Dentula" is probably easier to remember than "Denchura" because, well, we know it has -tula as in tarantula in its name, and "den" isn't too hard to remember. Also, Deathkarn vs. Desukaan, etc.
Ahh, yeah I misinterpreted that. But you are correct. My bad :P

Another thing about the rumors that I think is a horrible idea is the Fire/Ice type. Seriously, if it's true, is that the best they could come up with? An icicle with flames around it? I hate to be that guy that hates all the new Pokemon, but come on. Maybe it's just a case of "describing a Pokemon in mundane details makes them all sound retarded".

Another thing about the rumors that I think is a horrible idea is the Fire/Ice type. Seriously, if it's true, is that the best they could come up with? An icicle with flames around it? I hate to be that guy that hates all the new Pokemon, but come on. Maybe it's just a case of "describing a Pokemon in mundane details makes them all sound retarded".
I have to agree with you,these Pokemon as they are described sound horrible,but if I told you there was going to be a mole with metal flippers and a sarcophogous with cartoony black hands coming out of it,youd hate them too,but once you see the pictures of them ,they look really cool.

I liked Gen 1's names, which weren't ALL "adjective+noun", though "Seel" is admittedly horrible.

@Fiction: I know I've said at least twice that I recall in this thread for Tsutarja to be Grass/Electric like Quetzalcoatl and I KNOW someone else has said it too. The only typings I'd seen seriously thrown around that weren't Grass/Dragon were Grass/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Grass/Electric.
You forgot Grass/Flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)