Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The rumors were believable for me until the Heracross evolution. I suppose it could be something like Scyther's evolution, with an unchanged BST, but even that seems very unlikely.

EDIT: Holy shit, holy shit, maybe Tsutarja DOES become part Electric if these rumors are true!! It's second stage is called "Tsutawire" and third stage is "Tsutatesla"!! Now I really hope these are true...!! With typing like that, he just may be saved from the obscurity Grass-types are doomed to! It's just really bad for it that the anime leaks showing Tsutarja's evo not only doesn't look Electric-type at all, but it doesn't look like something that would evolve into a cobra.
Resists grass, steel, water, electric. Weak to Bug, Poison, Fire, Ice. Decent, probably best off as a fast, frail type of hitter.

I do hope Miju turns into a Samurai for all the haters out there.

Also Heracross evo = wtf! Still no evo for Pinsir.

The rumors were believable for me until the Heracross evolution. I suppose it could be something like Scyther's evolution, with an unchanged BST, but even that seems very unlikely.
They ARE really believable. They just strike me as "real"-- yet there's quite a few inconsistencies with, at least for me, what I believe to be true. And quite a few coincidences where people are actually guessing things right, which tends not to happen.

@General Tso: Good thing we know Tsutarja is definitely frail at least, so there's a good chance he's probably also a strong hitter. Whether or not he's physical or special though is up for debate... mixed might be good, though. Something like a Grass/Electric Infernape.

IF these rumors are correct, then that little brown guy does evolve into Ononokusu. I guess I can see the resemblance and if it's three stages the changes would be more subtle. Still looks like a mammal at Stage 1 (Basic) though.

IF these rumors are correct, then that little brown guy does evolve into Ononokusu. I guess I can see the resemblance and if it's three stages the changes would be more subtle. Still looks like a mammal at Stage 1 (Basic) though.
I sort of agree-- they are not that similar. I thought they were related back when all we had was an uncolored pre-production sketch of it, but since the things on the side of its face, one of only two things I can think of really relating it to Ononokusu, seem more like teeth or tusks as opposed to frills, like I fancied Ononokusu's axes. The only other thing really relating it, to me, is the lime green color on it.

Oh NOOOO!!!! >.<
If they are true, I hope Axe-Head isn't the pseudo. This is just too early it seems like.

Grass/Electric sounds like a decent typing. No Ground weakness! And Poison isn't really that common anyway. But that all depends on how this gen will change the metagame

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
I think they will just shuffle the stats around and MAYBE change it's type if these rumours are true.
Well, this is the first we've heard of any sort of evolution to an old Pokémon (other than that Tauros evolution rumor, which was discredited, if I recall). I'm still guessing that there won't be evolutions of old Pokémon this generation, like Gen 3.

I sort of agree-- they are not that similar. I thought they were related back when all we had was an uncolored pre-production sketch of it, but since the things on the side of its face, one of only two things I can think of really relating it to Ononokusu, seem more like teeth or tusks as opposed to frills, like I fancied Ononokusu's axes. The only other thing really relating it, to me, is the lime green color on it.
I've gone wholly over to the camp that believes that "Namakusu", or whatever it ends up being called, is indeed the first form of Ononokusu. Comparing the toy to the sketch, it's easy to tell that it has protrusions out of the side of its head. That's too big of a coincidence to ignore.

Well, this is the first we've heard of any sort of evolution to an old Pokémon (other than that Tauros evolution rumor, which was discredited, if I recall). I'm still guessing that there won't be evolutions of old Pokémon this generation, like Gen 3.

I've gone wholly over to the camp that believes that "Namakusu", or whatever it ends up being called, is indeed the first form of Ononokusu. Comparing the toy to the sketch, it's easy to tell that it has protrusions out of the side of its head. That's too big of a coincidence to ignore.
Oh, yeah, it definitely has things on the side of its head. I just don't like that they're probably teeth or fangs or tusks or whatever as opposed to frills like I would have preferred. But that's just personal opinion, it's not out of the question or even close to impossible that they're related, as opposed to things like Dentula being an Ariados evolution...

It's also surprising someone would get it so early on in the anime that they need to be doing character sketches for it already, especially since Ononokusu is almost certainly a "pseudo-legendary" along the lines of Garchomp and the rest. Then again, Garchomp was available disgustingly early in Platinum, maybe it's going to be even earlier for this guy... it's way better than being super later and never getting to evolve it or even make it useful by the E4, if it's even available before, at least.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
Oh, yeah, it definitely has things on the side of its head. I just don't like that they're probably teeth or fangs or tusks or whatever as opposed to frills like I would have preferred. But that's just personal opinion, it's not out of the question or even close to impossible that they're related, as opposed to things like Dentula being an Ariados evolution...
Well, Ononokusu's protrusions are pretty clearly axe-like at this point, although they could still easily be meant to resemble frills.

It's technically possible that Dentula is an Ariados evolution, but I think it's exceedingly unlikely.

Oh NOOOO!!!! >.<
If they are true, I hope Axe-Head isn't the pseudo. This is just too early it seems like.
That whole ad sort of seemed like it was outside the normal next-gen lead-up reveal system. It wasn't an 'accidental reveal' or a 'leak', but it has that kind of feel to it.

Resists grass, steel, water, electric. Weak to Bug, Poison, Fire, Ice. Decent, probably best off as a fast, frail type of hitter.

I do hope Miju turns into a Samurai for all the haters out there.

Also Heracross evo = wtf! Still no evo for Pinsir.
yes, grass/eletric alone is resisted by most others grass and grounded dragons and giratina and lati@as so just give hidden power ice and let's hope for no magnezones, but pretty good stab alone if you ask me...

yup, real shame that there is no sign of a pinsir evo yet :/ the mold breaker bug deserves more ...

Well, Ononokusu's protrusions are pretty clearly axe-like at this point, although they could still easily be meant to resemble frills.

It's technically possible that Dentula is an Ariados evolution, but I think it's exceedingly unlikely.
I meant that the frills were supposed to resemble axes. Like, that would be its thing. It would be a frilled lizard of some sort but with axes as frills. I guess I'm just making it black or white (har). It's either likely or impossible. That's just how I roll I guess.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lol I'm sorry but with clearly fan-directed rumors like those, I cannot believe them as real. Gothmon is really a gothic lolita, Greenmon is really a cell, tusky thing is really Ononokusu's first stage, Mijumaru's final stage is really a samurai, Tsutarja's final stage is really possibly Grass/Electric?

What's next this NOA guy will say, "hey guys Farfetch'd gets a Fighting/Flying evo"?

But they don't even have to do that. They could pull a Rhyperior and give it an evolution to give a new ability, meanwhile stacking 20 or so more Base stats on (Praying for those all to land in Speed)

Lol I'm sorry but with clearly fan-directed rumors like those, I cannot believe them as real. Gothmon is really a gothic lolita, Greenmon is really a cell, tusky thing is really Ononokusu's first stage, Mijumaru's final stage is really a samurai, Tsutarja's final stage is really possibly Grass/Electric?

What's next this NOA guy will say, "hey guys Farfetch'd gets a Fighting/Flying evo"?
Mijumaru's final stage being a warrior otter is not so far-fetched though is it? Considering its second evo. The rest of them are eh

Thats a little Farfetch'd,dont you think? :D

But in all seriousness even though alot of this is speculation,there are solid facts behind each idea,or at least some. I mean people say that Munna is a Drowzee prevo because its the Dream Eater Pokemon and it has a demented snout,but both Cloyster and Clampearl are the Bivalve Pokemon,and they are completely unrelated.

there is a certain extend to the amount of new stuff i can like, a ariados evo is cool, a eletric/grass is ok, not too bad, everyone knew the otte would be a samurai anyway. but heracross evo? gamefreak is probably trying to make this generation the most destructive one so far by adding overpowered pokemons. YEAAAAAH.....we are back to the latias metagame, only with 5 instead of just 1 overcentralizing pokemon....

there is a certain extend to the amount of new stuff i can like, a ariados evo is cool, a eletric/grass is ok, not too bad, everyone knew the otte would be a samurai anyway. but heracross evo? gamefreak is probably trying to make this generation the most destructive one so far by adding overpowered pokemons. YEAAAAAH.....we are back to the latias metagame, only with 5 instead of just 1 overcentralizing pokemon....
But with 5 overcentralizing pokemon, they'd somewhat cancel each other out :P

Well, we know NOTHING yet.
We should not forget, that Porygon-Z turned out to be actually WORSE than Porygon2 (in the current metagame). And Magneton got an evo besides already being OU and still did not become overpowered at all. And while I can totally see Heracross evolving into a pokemon based on Atlas (as both Herakles and Atlas are names of Greek pseudo-gods AND species of bugs), I can also totally see Heracross becoming slower through evolution (as we've seen on many pokemon). I mean, Atlas stood still for almost as long as the world exists...

Also, being fake or not, I'm totally in for Grass/Electric and a Heracross evo.

I'm going to label these rumours as fake, until evidence points otherwise. just like I do with all rumours. that being said, a lot of these rumours seem very interesting, and I will be pleased if they are true.

and I want that Umbrella Pokemon. Water/Ghost is a cool typing, and the creature it's based off of is one of my favourites from Japanese folklore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)