Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Yes, Houndour/doom is the only Fire exception, and Anorith/Armaldo and Skorupi have Bug secondary typings... so unfortunately, this doesn't prove the rumor false either!

I lol'd...

And you have wet dreams about that, despite having gothmon hentai!?

And this can't work because the entire evolutionary family would need to be included too (imagine the game saying "404 ERROR GYARADOS NOT FOUND: Sorry! Your Magikarp can't evolve because Gyarados doesn't exist in this region!")

It's been suggested the 7 pokes are Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Magikarp, Gyarados, Tentacool, Tentacruel... but I can't see Pokemon like Machop and Goldeen and Zubat and Geodude suddenly missing a generation; they've been in every game this far, why stop now?
Direct quote, not my words: " I did the math, and with the 493 Pokemon, and assuming Zekrom is last in the pre-National Dex, there would be 143… so only 7 pokemon from previous generations show up in the Isshu Dex?! Or there could be some possible number jumbling, but it does look that there is a chance that *according to this rumor* Isshu will contain ALL NEW POKEMON."
LEt's not forget that in the Isshu REGION there might be some past pokemon, such as in DPPt there was Geodude, Machop, and others ffrom past generations, but they weren't in the pokedex of the game

Actually, I had a funny thought recently: What if there were some other Fire-type needing an evolution? At that point, I was playing around with the idea of Ninetales gaining an extra evolution, though it seems that GF'll have to break the trend of Evoutionary Stone-evolved 'mons never evolve.

Also, I'm probably the only spriter on this corner of the Internet that refuses to sprite fakemon. Don't know why, just hate the thought.

i respect your idea but i dont see why you hate. gamefreak workers are humans right? they are not robots like haunter here from the forums. and so they make sprites, if we make sprites ourselves then its not any different from the sprites they do, i like to think of us as unoficial sprite workers.

i prefer the idea of only new pokemons on the new dex myself, it add more to the metagame since we get more pokes then if gamefreak added old pokes. i would be happy with enough new pokemons to fill the dex with 600 pokemons but meh.

Actually, I had a funny thought recently: What if there were some other Fire-type needing an evolution? At that point, I was playing around with the idea of Ninetales gaining an extra evolution, though it seems that GF'll have to break the trend of Evoutionary Stone-evolved 'mons never evolve.
if we ignore all of the evo-stone pokes and we're assuming it truely is an evo, all of the possible fire types are Rapidash, Magcargo, houndoom, camerupt and torkoal

on the flip side, possible dark types that can evo into it are Houndoom, Mighteyena, Sabeleye?, Absol, Skunktank (well it does learn flamethrower via level up), Spiritomb?

this is just going by things that haven't met the conditions that wouldn't let them to evolve further (evo stone poke, 2 evolutions, something that would contradict the typing in general {weavile lol} legendaries, etc.) if it's a branching evo then the list gets bigger.

Wait, there's a pure Dragon type not in the original dex if memory serves me right.. maybe a.. EEVEE DRAGON-EVO!? YES!
And the furry fanbase rejoices.
Apologies to all furries that may be browsing this thread.

i respect your idea but i dont see why you hate. gamefreak workers are humans right? they are not robots like haunter here from the forums. and so they make sprites, if we make sprites ourselves then its not any different from the sprites they do, i like to think of us as unoficial sprite workers.
... When was I "hating", exactly? I just don't like the concept of spriting fakemon, that's all. Did I really something offensive when I said my opinion?

i prefer the idea of only new pokemons on the new dex myself, it add more to the metagame since we get more pokes then if gamefreak added old pokes. i would be happy with enough new pokemons to fill the dex with 600 pokemons but meh.
Sadly, this is the same fanbase that hated Hoenn for water, Gen. III in general for not having a lot of connectivity to Gens. I & II, hated Gen. IV because they weren't ENOUGH evolutions, as well as too many. Yes, the fanbase is that ridiculous.

Also, I'm probably the only spriter on this corner of the Internet that refuses to sprite fakemon. Don't know why, just hate the thought.

your words, you hate the thought of spriting fakemons, by no means you said anything offensive. please dont take me wrong. i was just saying that i respect your opinion and commenting why IMO there is no reason to dislike.

edit:i also got nothing against old pokes on the dex myself, just saying i would rather get new ones.

Yes, I'm saying that like in DPPt, you saw Machop, Geodude, Zubat, etc.. even though in the Sinnoh Dex they didn't appear, this could be the same case here.

And this can't work because the entire evolutionary family would need to be included too (imagine the game saying "404 ERROR GYARADOS NOT FOUND: Sorry! Your Magikarp can't evolve because Gyarados doesn't exist in this region!")
Have you tried evolving Golbat into Crobat in Leafgreen before getting the National Dex? :/

your words, you hate the thought of spriting fakemons, by no means you said anything offensive. please dont take me wrong. i was just saying that i respect your opinion and commenting why IMO there is no reason to dislike.
... Oh. Then that's fine, I guess.

this is just going by things that haven't met the conditions that wouldn't let them to evolve further (evo stone poke, 2 evolutions, something that would contradict the typing in general {weavile lol} legendaries, etc.) if it's a branching evo then the list gets bigger.
I'm actually chuckling at the fact that no one for some reason had the insane idea of thinking Banette's evolution will be Fire/Dark, to match Dusknoir finally. ... Yeah, I've seen rather weird speculation topics around.

Have you tried evolving Golbat into Crobat in Leafgreen before getting the National Dex? :/
i think GF stopped doing the "can't evolve before the national dex" thing, since in HGSS you can evolve things like piloswine and aipom before the national dex. (according to bulbapedia, it's because GF was flamed since people couldnt get their favorite pokemon :P)

Shroomisaur

The problem was that you picked the wrong word for the job - "hate" is a bit too strong, it has implications, you know? "dislike" would probably have been a better choice.
True, I guess it just seems weird to me to be able to catch Pokemon that don't even register in the dex. I guess the more you think about it, the less the "7 pokemon from previous generations" means to the Isshu dex.

Heck, for all we know, it could be crawling with Zubats in every cave. ...again.

The problem was that you picked the wrong word for the job - "hate" is a bit too strong, it has implications, you know? "dislike" would probably have been a better choice.
It's a habit of mine to pick up on common phrases used on the Internet, and spit 'em back out. Seriously, it'll take me forever to explain why I do such things. ;^^

Heck, for all we know, it could be crawling with Zubats in every cave. ...again.
Correction: Zubats AND Koromoris! 8D

True, I guess it just seems weird to me to be able to catch Pokemon that don't even register in the dex. I guess the more you think about it, the less the "7 pokemon from previous generations" means to the Isshu dex.

That's what I said, it can contain previous gen pokemon that you catch but don't register to the pokedex, like DPPt

It's a habit of mine to pick up on common phrases used on the Internet, and spit 'em back out. Seriously, it'll take me forever to explain why I do such things. ;^^

i consider you a big friend but the fact you reminded me we are gonna have to deal with BOTH zubats and koromoris inside caves just make me want to cut your head off.

Shroomisaur

That's what I said, it can contain previous gen pokemon that you catch but don't register to the pokedex, like DPPt
Yep, I'm agreeing with you - this just didn't register with me for a while. I guess I'm just really slow aloof :/

Bwahaha... you're right. Caves will be FUN this generation! Especially if Koromori's "Heart Stamp" inflicts Poison or Confusion, something entertaining like that.

By the way Ming-Ming, this is something I want to share directly with you, perhaps you missed this post a few pages back:
For anyone who has read about, or played other games with angels/demons in them, it wouldn't be surprising to have the white "angel" represent hell, and the black "angel" represent heaven. At this point in media, it is almost cliche, but I prefer it over the much more obvious white + good angel and black + bad angel.
:naughty:

i consider you a big friend but the fact you reminded me we are gonna have to deal with BOTH zubats and koromoris inside caves just make me want to cut your head off.
Don't worry, there's also Machop and Geodudes, too! ... I'm going to get shot soon, aren't I? XD

By the way Ming-Ming, this is something I want to share directly with you, perhaps you missed this post a few pages back:

For anyone who has read about, or played other games with angels/demons in them, it wouldn't be surprising to have the white "angel" represent hell, and the black "angel" represent heaven. At this point in media, it is almost cliche, but I prefer it over the much more obvious white + good angel and black + bad angel.
So basically we're dealing with Reshiram being the equivalent of Lucifer, and Zekrom being Satan? ... Sounds fun, 'specially with Lucifer having angel wings himself, and Satan having weird bat wings (Zekrom has mecha-bat wings, at least. ... Right? ;^^)

*grab AK-47* i hope you are a eevee cause if you are not then i dont expect to evolve into a ghost type after i am done with you....

gamefreak better surprise us this generation, if its the same old crap but with different pokemons i am gonna get mad.

edit:agreeing with obama down there.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's been suggested the 7 pokes are Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Magikarp, Gyarados, Tentacool, Tentacruel... but I can't see Pokemon like Machop and Goldeen and Zubat and Geodude suddenly missing a generation; they've been in every game this far, why stop now?

Yep, I'm agreeing with you - this just didn't register with me for a while. I guess I'm just really slow aloof :/

Bwahaha... you're right. Caves will be FUN this generation! Especially if Koromori's "Heart Stamp" inflicts Poison or Confusion, something entertaining like that.

Nah, it's just hard to keep up with what's going on, lol. And if Zubats are annoying, then both Zubats and Koromori's.. UGH

*grab AK-47* i hope you are a eevee cause if you are not then i dont expect to evolve into a ghost type after i am done with you....

gamefreak better surprise us this generation, if its the same old crap but with different pokemons i am gonna get mad.

edit:agreeing with obama down there.
I'm with you all the way on this bud :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)