LIMBO

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.
The above quote is a summary of Limbo from The Inferno in The Divine Commedy by Dante Alighieri, and I personally find a direct connection between LIMBO and Alighieri's description of Limbo, as the underlining shows.

LIMBO hit the XBox Live Arcade on July 21st, and it's now one of the most popular games available. After I saw the trailer, I didn't hesitate to buy it and play it until I had beat it, more than once. I think that it's a fantastic, atmospheric, and mind-bending game that almost anyone would love to play. On a scale of 1 to 10, (1 being lowest, 10 being highest,) I would give it a 9. Everything seems to be spot on except a few minor programming errors, but they can really get in your way occasionally. I don't want to describe the gameplay too much, because I don't want to spoil any of the many exciting or unpredictable elements found in this game.

So here are my questions to you, Congregation:
1. Do you own LIMBO, or have you played it?
If no, do you want to play it or own it?
If yes, proceed to the remaining questions
2. What are your comments and critiques on the game, and what would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, (1 being lowest, 10 being highest)
3. Do you hope to see more games from PlayDead in the future?
4. Do you think that LIMBO is worthy of being called "one of the best games on the XBox Live Arcade"?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I tried the demo and it really reminded me of coma in terms of art style.
Demo was pretty fun, I'm not sure if I'd buy the whole game though.
How long was it?

I tried the demo and it really reminded me of coma in terms of art style.
Demo was pretty fun, I'm not sure if I'd buy the whole game though.
How long was it?
From beginning to end, including the time I took to figure out the puzzles, I would say probably around 6 hours. But then I went back and found all of the Achievement eggs, and now I'm looking for completion eggs and I'm trying to beat the game without dying more than 5 times for the last Achievement.

This game is awesome, haven't beaten it yet because I just got it 2 days ago and I've been doing alot in the meantime.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Bought the game (and beat it) yesterday.
I really liked it, one thing I didn't like though was that concepts didn't really get explored twice. It seemed like every time there was a new level there was a new thing to play with, and as soon as it ran out of new things the game ended. I would have liked to flesh out some of the ideas more. I am certainly going to get the sequel if there is one, because I really want to mess around with anti grav and other things for more than one or two levels.
I guess one could argue that this kept the game from getting too repetitive, and I agree that a repetitive game is worse than a game with no repetition but like I said, I would have enjoyed more levels to mess around with anti grav and other mechanics.

Regardless of these minor qualms I'd advise every body to get it and beat it; it's fucking good.

Bought the game (and beat it) yesterday.
I really liked it, one thing I didn't like though was that concepts didn't really get explored twice. It seemed like every time there was a new level there was a new thing to play with, and as soon as it ran out of new things the game ended. I would have liked to flesh out some of the ideas more. I am certainly going to get the sequel if there is one, because I really want to mess around with anti grav and other things for more than one or two levels.
I guess one could argue that this kept the game from getting too repetitive, and I agree that a repetitive game is worse than a game with no repetition but like I said, I would have enjoyed more levels to mess around with anti grav and other mechanics.

Regardless of these minor qualms I'd advise every body to get it and beat it; it's fucking good.
I personally like how it's always changing, but I get where you're coming from. And keep in mind that this is the first full game made by PlayDead, so I would expect much more from them in the future. Although looking at their website makes it seem that they took a great deal of time (or just procrastinated excessively) with LIMBO, while it's not a really big game, it shouldn't have taken so long to make

I enjoyed this game quite a bit.
It's been awhile since XBLA had something this good.
Very, very, very, very good game.

The ending was like.......what?

I enjoyed this game quite a bit.
It's been awhile since XBLA had something this good.
Very, very, very, very good game.

The ending was like.......what?
Spoiler:
At the end of the game I was just staring at the TV like "GET UP DAMMIT! GET UP!!" I was satisfied with the ending but I've been seeing that style of ending a lot lately (like Modern Warfare 2), but it's not quite popular enough to become a cliché yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)