Smogon Superstars II Preliminaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
requesting a new host please
I'm trying my best...... Obviously i'm having problems... Ew has been helping me through this event and we've been trying to make this event the best we can with some restrictions. Obviously i can't satisfy everyone, it seems i can't satisfy you no matter what.

Edit to everyone advancing: The tie breakers for the next round will be relatively simple, as I take your result from this round and help break ties that way, inferring you have the same record in the super 16, hence why I encouraged everyone to win as much as possible. If we still have ties, sudden death will be the option, whether it's one on one sudden death or round robin.

Group A situation: needs more matches done...
Group B situation: done
Group C situation: Taylor advances unless Krack wins all three of his remaining games AND wins the tiebreaker against Taylor.
Group D situation: If M Dragon beats -Mind-, Scofield advances. The other slot is still very much in question.
Group E situation: done
Group F situation: Depends on goofball's matches and whatever system tripe is using. If I understand the system and goofball wins all his remaining matches:
Delta 2777: 5 + 3 + 1 + 4 = 13
_Flygon_: 3 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15
IronBullet93: 3 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 11
goofball: 4 + 4 + 4 + 1 = 13

i.e. _Flygon_ advances with Limitless. However, tripe seemed to be claiming that he is eliminating IronBullet93 and doing tiebreaker matches, so I am not sure what is happening there. Otherwise it obviously would depend on who goofball loses and wins against, and may result in a tiebreaker or round robin between Limitless and the other 1-2 people that beat goofball.

Group G situation: Needs more of Seven Deadly Sins' matches done.
Group H situation:
If VIL loses

Veteran In Love: 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12
G80: 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 14
Iconic: 2 + (3 or 4) + 2 + 4 = 11 or 12
Folgorio: 2 + 2 + 8 = 12
(if Flamewheeler is involved in the tie:)
Flamewheeler: 2 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 14
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 14
(if Flamewheeler is not involved in the tie:)
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 13

If VIL wins

G80: 4 + 2 + 5 + 4 = 15

if VIL and Malfunction both win

Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 14

So in other words, If VIL beats Flamewheeler, G80 is through. Otherwise, it depends on the result of Malfunction and Flamewheeler's match. If Malfunction wins I think it is a round robin between G80, Malfunction, and Flamewheeler. Otherwise, G80 is through.

Group A situation: needs more matches done...
Group B situation: done
Group C situation: Taylor advances unless Krack wins all three of his remaining games AND wins the tiebreaker against Taylor.
Group D situation: If M Dragon beats -Mind-, Scofield advances. The other slot is still very much in question.
Group E situation: done
Group F situation: Depends on goofball's matches and whatever system tripe is using. If I understand the system and goofball wins all his remaining matches:
Delta 2777: 5 + 3 + 1 + 4 = 13
_Flygon_: 3 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15
IronBullet93: 3 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 11
goofball: 4 + 4 + 4 + 1 = 13

i.e. _Flygon_ advances with Limitless. However, tripe seemed to be claiming that he is eliminating IronBullet93 and doing tiebreaker matches, so I am not sure what is happening there. Otherwise it obviously would depend on who goofball loses and wins against, and may result in a tiebreaker or round robin between Limitless and the other 1-2 people that beat goofball.

Group G situation: Needs more of Seven Deadly Sins' matches done.
Group H situation:
If VIL loses

Veteran In Love: 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12
G80: 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 14
Iconic: 2 + (3 or 4) + 2 + 4 = 11 or 12
Folgorio: 2 + 2 + 8 = 12
(if Flamewheeler is involved in the tie:)
Flamewheeler: 2 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 14
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 14
(if Flamewheeler is not involved in the tie:)
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 13

If VIL wins

if VIL and Malfunction both win

Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 14

So in other words, If VIL beats Flamewheeler, G80 is through. Otherwise, it depends on the result of Malfunction and Flamewheeler's match. If Flamewheeler wins I think it is a round robin between G80, Malfunction, and Flamewheeler. Otherwise, G80 is through.
This is a good summary of all everything going on, and for Goofball's scenario, well Ironbullet is done no what matter happens, so a sudden death round robin is simpler.

Group A needs more active players. TAY hasn't been available, and Dark Lucario just gets on a leaves after Tour. I can play Locopoke pretty much any time if he realizes that I PMed him. (Mibbit makes it hard to tell if you get a PM, that's why Loco sometimes doesn't see my PMs).

Group A needs more active players. TAY hasn't been available, and Dark Lucario just gets on a leaves after Tour. I can play Locopoke pretty much any time if he realizes that I PMed him. (Mibbit makes it hard to tell if you get a PM, that's why Loco sometimes doesn't see my PMs).
I have to sub Tay out, so look for the other two for now. I will probably have to grant an extension, as I don't wanna give out activity wins for this event.

This is a good summary of all everything going on, and for Goofball's scenario, well Ironbullet is done no what matter happens, so a sudden death round robin is simpler.
So why do you now ignore your system and to this rr thing just because it's more simple? In case goof wins all of his battles, limitless is out with 12 as is ib with 11. I'm through with 15 and goof and delta are tied at 13, but goof has won the hth so he advances. Where's the point in doing this rr thing now, if using the determined system for this tournament gives a clear result?

e: ah yeah forgot he had 5

So why do you now ignore your system and to this rr thing just because it's more simple? In case goof wins all of his battles, limitless is out with 12 as is ib with 11. I'm through with 15 and goof and delta are tied at 13, but goof has won the hth so he advances. Where's the point in doing this rr thing now, if using the determined system for this tournament gives a clear result?
I've been trying my best to satisfy everyone as best I can, however, if time doesn't allow for it or Goof takes too long, then we'll have to use the system. Btw Limitless advances if Goofball wins all of his matches, he has a 5-2 record. If we did use the system, well, you'd advance with him. If Goof loses even one match, he's done, and we'll have to see who beats Goof. If Goof fails to finish all of his matches by Tuesday, I'll just use the system.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok so if goofball fails to finish any of his remaining matches, IMO it makes sense to have a round robin between me, Flygon and Delta. Limitless advances with 5 wins, and since three of us will be tied at 4 each, a round robin seems pretty viable.

Ok so if goofball fails to finish any of his remaining matches, IMO it makes sense to have a round robin between me, Flygon and Delta. Limitless advances with 5 wins, and since three of us will be tied at 4 each, a round robin seems pretty viable.
That could work if we had enough time, the reason i'd like to use the system is to save time. I already stated i'm using the system. I'd accept a round robin, but that could potentially take forever especially if you tie.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
That could work if we had enough time, the reason i'd like to use the system is to save time. I already stated i'm using the system. I'd accept a round robin, but that could potentially take forever especially if you tie.
I say let us do a round robin once (or twice if there's still enogh time), and if there's still no winner by then, THEN use the points method.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Right, so if we have enough time at hand, we could fit in two or potentially three round robins? The same system will be followed if two of us beat goofball, I guess. If all of us beat goofball, how about using the system to allow the first -placed player to qualify and then using rr for the remaining three?

Right, so if we have enough time at hand, we could fit in two or potentially three round robins? The same system will be followed if two of us beat goofball, I guess. If all of us beat goofball, how about using the system to allow the first -placed player to qualify and then using rr for the remaining three?
its been 32 hours can we get a sub for TAY
If you guys can squeeze a round robin in really quickly, that'll work. I've vmed a potential sub for Tay this morning, if he doesn't respond within 24 hours, I'll ask someone else.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
If you guys can squeeze a round robin in really quickly, that'll work. I've vmed a potential sub for Tay this morning, if he doesn't respond within 24 hours, I'll ask someone else.
subbing for Tay.

Edit: I am often on IRC. If you'd like to schedule a time, I'd prefer talking over IRC since I tend to idle on the forums and automatically log out, especially since I have tests and projects due tomorrow and Thursday. I'm EST I'm also busy Friday nights. Any other time is good with me.

Currently contacted badass to play this Thursday night.
Lost to locopoke 0-2. gg
Contacted undisputed to play Saturday night.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol it's not that, it's that his timezone and ours don't correspond well. I get home at 5 est, that's like 2 am his time or something crazy. Also, I have made contact with him once, and messaged him a plethora of times to which he is afk.

Edit: Defeated StevenSnype in a very nice battle. I really enjoyed this one for some reason, had fun. GG buddy, good luck in the upcomming battles.

Lol it's not that, it's that his timezone and ours don't correspond well. I get home at 5 est, that's like 2 am his time or something crazy. Also, I have made contact with him once, and messaged him a plethora of times to which he is afk.
At least you've been active, by posting a lot and your high amount of matches completed.

um the only time I've even SEEN m dragon was on saturdays tour, but he refused to play because "his luck was bad that day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)