B&W Research Thread

what happens when a pokemon who gets confused by a figy (or other) berry gets its berry stolen: does the attacker get confused when it eats it, even if it would not be confused if it held it?
That requires the berry to be regenerated, making it an extremely unlikely situation, especially considering that a Sitrus Berry heals twice as much so unless someone is trying to combo Tangled Feet or Trick or something and has Recycle those berries would almost never be used.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Do the HG/SS Poké Balls have a special opening animation or do they still have the regular Poké Ball animation?
Are contest stats still in the string of data that makes up each Pokémon, so if you bring a max Beauty Milotic, the game will still silently know that it has max beauty, even if it isn't shown or utilized in the game at all?
The HGSS balls are there, and still have their Poké Ball animation (not that you should expect anything different). I just don't know if you can have them as items (through hacking) to catch other pokémon.

And if you send a Feebas with the necessary beauty to evolve from DPPtHGSS to B/W, it will evolve after leveling up. The Beauty stat is still there, it's just not visible because... well, "Game Freak hates Contests".

breh

強いだね
That requires the berry to be regenerated, making it an extremely unlikely situation, especially considering that a Sitrus Berry heals twice as much so unless someone is trying to combo Tangled Feet or Trick or something and has Recycle those berries would almost never be used.

what I mean is that, iirc, aren't the confusion berries nature based? ok say we have a timid roserade with a figy berry (it will be confused by a figy berry if it eats it because it dislikes the spicy flavor). Adamant Scizor (likes the spicy flavor, and thus would not be confused if it held it) uses bug bite on Roserade. It heals 1/8 hp, but does it become confused if it eats it from roserade?

If I reversed the natures, what would happen (timid scizor vs. adamant roserade)? would scizor become confused?

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
Ok so basically I was testing out grass oath and water oath, and it appears the description of the moves for the oaths that were confirmed are mixed around or wrong. Because on serebii and on Pokemon Online, they both work the same way. Grass Oath and Water Oath on PO halves the foe's speed for 4 turns. So maybe the guy who confirmed it could check to see if his descriptions are right, they seem to be right, just in the wrong order.

what I mean is that, iirc, aren't the confusion berries nature based? ok say we have a timid roserade with a figy berry (it will be confused by a figy berry if it eats it because it dislikes the spicy flavor). Adamant Scizor (likes the spicy flavor, and thus would not be confused if it held it) uses bug bite on Roserade. It heals 1/8 hp, but does it become confused if it eats it from roserade?

If I reversed the natures, what would happen (timid scizor vs. adamant roserade)? would scizor become confused?
I don't think the pokemon it was stolen from matters. After all, a Lum Berry will activate and won't care whether or not anything is statused.
Again, nothing will hold these unless you can think of something that is better off confused than not confused.

breh

強いだね
I apologize, but could I get some clarity on telepathy? How exactly does it work? Does it fully block attacks?

The reason that I ask for clarification is, what occurs when follow me/rage powder is used in tandem with another poke with telepathy next to it? are the attacks wholly blocked by telepathy (as the current description implies) or do they do partial damage?

I apologize, but could I get some clarity on telepathy? How exactly does it work? Does it fully block attacks?

The reason that I ask for clarification is, what occurs when follow me/rage powder is used in tandem with another poke with telepathy next to it? are the attacks wholly blocked by telepathy (as the current description implies) or do they do partial damage?
Any attack "from the side" is blocked. None of your Pokemon can hit another Pokemon of yours with the ability Telepathy with any move.

Anyone know if Thief/Covet mechanics have changed? Do you not keep the item you steal after the battle anymore? My Altaria used Thief to steal a Petaya Berry off of Gamefreak Morimoto's Yanakki, but at the end of the battle, my Altaria had no item. It didn't activate on either Altaria or Yanakki.

Anyone know if Thief/Covet mechanics have changed? Do you not keep the item you steal after the battle anymore? My Altaria used Thief to steal a Petaya Berry off of Gamefreak Morimoto's Yanakki, but at the end of the battle, my Altaria had no item. It didn't activate on either Altaria or Yanakki.
I have used thief to steal an everstone off a wild pokémon. It probably just doesn't work against trainers.

breh

強いだね
I apoplogize if this has been done already but:

if wide guard and follow me are used on the same turn in a doubles, can any non-multi-target moves work?

If follow me is used, does it attract attacks aimed at a teammate? I.E.

Togekiss uses follow me vs. Terakion and Erufuun.
Erufuun uses beat up on Terakion
who does it hit, terakion or Togekiss?

Uhhh... the point of Follow Me is to attract attacks away from your teammate.

Are dream world exclusive moves breedable? I thought I saw Nidoran(F) got Sucker Punch and Nidoran(M) can get sucker punch according to serebii, so...

breh

強いだね
Uhhh... the point of Follow Me is to attract attacks away from your teammate.

Are dream world exclusive moves breedable? I thought I saw Nidoran(F) got Sucker Punch and Nidoran(M) can get sucker punch according to serebii, so...
So does it still attract attacks, or only ones aimed towards you? this is a very big question for VGC.

It's funny cause I think I answered this question in this thread for someone else, but I've forgotten now and I can't find it.

What's a good place to get Special Defence EV's in B/W?
Also, SpA? Speed?

edit: Also, it should be written somewhere easily referrable/findable the good spots to EV train in B/W. No list has been compiled yet. I'm walking outside Sekka City to train for HP. Only 60% of encounters give HP EV's, but they always give 2HP/encounter so it somewhat levels out.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I apoplogize if this has been done already but:

if wide guard and follow me are used on the same turn in a doubles, can any non-multi-target moves work?

If follow me is used, does it attract attacks aimed at a teammate? I.E.

Togekiss uses follow me vs. Terakion and Erufuun.
Erufuun uses beat up on Terakion
who does it hit, terakion or Togekiss?
Follow Me draws attacks aimed at your teammates, as well. As in, say I swagger my own pokemon, the follow me user would steal that.

When Make Friends is used, when does the new ability take effect? Specifically, if Truant is passed onto a pokemon, will it loaf off the next turn or the turn after?

Also, if Truant is passed onto a pokemon locked into Outrage, will it still be locked in after loafing off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)