B&W Research Thread

Something that's not on the list: the Freefall Glitch.

When Freefall is used when Gravity is in effect, the target remains in the air, akin to being fully paralyzed while using Dig or Fly in Gen 1. They can only be hit by Thunder, Gust, etc. and will not return to the field until they faint.

Thats actually something pretty major seeing something like Mew or Lugia can quite easily run Toxic/Freefall/Gravity and get easy stall kills. I assume that things go back to normal once Gravity wears off correct?

Yeah, that's the reason the Steel/Bug ant pokemon would want the Truant ability (from the Dream World). Unless you want to have the ability on it for fun, it's sole purpose is for it to use Make Friends to change the opponent's ability to Truant.

Thats actually something pretty major seeing something like Mew or Lugia can quite easily run Toxic/Freefall/Gravity and get easy stall kills. I assume that things go back to normal once Gravity wears off correct?
They don't. As I said, the Pokemon will only go back to normal after it faints.

From what I understand, your team will be rejected from random WiFi if one of your Pokemon have Free Fall because of this. I doubt very much it will be allowed in VGC.

Bit of an unusual question, but I guess it comes under here... how do B/W deal with different types of WiFi (ie WPA)? Older games refused to acknowledge it, even if they were in a DSi, which is compatible with most WiFi. Of course you'd need a DSi or an XL for this...

Bit of an unusual question, but I guess it comes under here... how do B/W deal with different types of WiFi (ie WPA)? Older games refused to acknowledge it, even if they were in a DSi, which is compatible with most WiFi. Of course you'd need a DSi or an XL for this...
I'd like to know this as well, as the WiFi I have is also WPA and my parents won't change it. It irritates me to no end that I can only access the GTS in HG when I'm at college.

When using Shell Break while holding a white herb, does the herb activate at the end of the turn (curing both Def and SpD drops), or only after the first drop (curing only Defense)?

The same question can be asked of Close Combat as well.

The two servers on PO seem to have differing mechanics. The Beta server cures both while the Smogon server cures only Def.

Edit: Thanks, Dirt!

When using Shell Break while holding a white herb, does the herb activate at the end of the turn (curing both Def and SpD drops), or only after the first drop (curing only Defense)?

The same question can be asked of Close Combat as well.

The two servers on PO seem to have differing mechanics. The Beta server cures both while the Smogon server cures only Def.
It activates immediately after the move is performed. Both are dropped at the same time as well. As such, it removes all stat drops from the move. The Smogon server functions incorrectly in this respect.

I'd like to know this as well, as the WiFi I have is also WPA and my parents won't change it. It irritates me to no end that I can only access the GTS in HG when I'm at college.
It's probably worth reposting this in the Wifi forum's Simple Questions, although I'd like to know the answer as well!

^ to all above b/w are enhanced dsi games hence they can take advantage of dsi features such as wpa/2. while 4th gen games can only access ds mode in the dsi and blocking out dsi features. hope that clears it up.

breh

強いだね
Can Freefall be used under Gravity? This has important implications for teh freefall glitch.
Although I'm not entirely sure, I believe that the failure to use freefall under gravity is the cause of the glitch..

What I mean is that gravity causes freefall to fail when selected, just like hi jump kick or... uh.. bounce or something. The whole reason the glitch occurs is that gravity cuts off freefall. did that make any sense?

But the glitch says the opponent gets stuck in midair, so if Freefall can't be used under Gravity, the glitch would never activate in singles and very rarely in 2vs2 or 3vs3.

I've just seen that technique in GTS a day ago. Seems pretty cheap (3 vs 3) two pokemon used free fall while the clefairy in the middle used gravity, the opponent was unable to move. Only status moves and moves that hit in the air could knock it off. Yes the effect returns to normal once gravity is off. And as for make friends, Ive been hit by it once, the user of the ability can transfer it as the move is to make your opponent have your ability (it copies your ability onto your opponent). I was in the dream world tier at the time and then got trapped by Shandera using calm mind and nitro charge, luckiliy i had a ditto, then again a normal type pokemon could have countered it since Nitro charge is fairly weak.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Someone at GameFAQs is claiming that Encourage not only negates Life Orb's recoil, but also Shell Bell's healing; and also your opponent's Escape Button and Red Card.

Could someone please confirm? If this is true, what other items may have "secondary effects"?

Magic Room Question: If choiced when magic room wears off can you switch your selected move or are you locked into whatever you last used? Or are Choice item effects not negated at all in magic room and only used *aka leftovers and the like*?

^ to all above b/w are enhanced dsi games hence they can take advantage of dsi features such as wpa/2. while 4th gen games can only access ds mode in the dsi and blocking out dsi features. hope that clears it up.
Oh, thank Arceus. Now once I get B/W, I won't have to bother with that Nintendo WiFi Adapter anymore (damn thing doesn't work anymore anyway).

In gen 4, when catching dittos, if Ditto transformed into a water or bug pokemon, a net ball was effective at catching it.

I just tried this little trick and I'm not sure it works that way anymore (considering the lvl 63 ditto that had transformed into a golduck broke out of the net ball immediately twice, when an ultra ball caught it first try. It was in red health, no status).

Can anyone else verify this?

Also, I don't think any stat changes done before he transforms apply to Ditto after he transforms. Though he'll probably only be used with his DW ability, still not bad to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)