Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really wish someone had pointed out that the roamer scene does NOT regenerate after beating the Elite Four and that Thundurus/Tornadus' IVs are permanently set...

I really really wish someone had pointed out that the roamer scene does NOT regenerate after beating the Elite Four and that Thundurus/Tornadus' IVs are permanently set...
I wasn't sure about it so I couldn't answer.

Can someone (hopefully someone like Lee, Jabba or Haunter) answer my question at the bottom of the previous page?

It's cool, you didn't know... I did lose about 10 hours of my life trying to RNG him, and 9 hours playing through the game, but it's nothing that can't be undone.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a question: Why aren't the stickies "Ask a Simple Question" and "Forum Rules" enlarged to 5 times the size of other thread's titles and why are they not bolded all the time? Maybe a few neon arrows pointing towards them saying "Read these first" would be good also.
Although I'm not auth, I think it's because that's not supported with the modified version of vBulletin. Also, it would be annoying to scroll past that every time.

Although I'm not auth, I think it's because that's not supported with the modified version of vBulletin. Also, it would be annoying to scroll past that every time.
Although I'm not auth either, you would have to be an idiot to join a prominent forum and think that there aren't any rules you should review before posting.

Question: Are there any typings that have no weaknesses other than Dark/Ghost or Electric with Levitate? (Obviously if the answer is yes they would have to be unreleased)

Couple questions here:

One is, is there any way to opt out of the team preview phase of ladder battles? In 6v6 games it seems only to dumb down the battles and make things like magnet pull maggie more difficult to use at best and at worst practically dead weight.

Second, I understand it has been agreed upon that only DW abilities that are currently available on cart are allowing in standard OU. I see, for example, that poliwag has been released. I do not see politode on the list. Is it safe to assume that drizzle politode is available?

Finally, what are the biggest things I should watch out for when transitioning from gen 4 to 5?

Couple questions here:

One is, is there any way to opt out of the team preview phase of ladder battles? In 6v6 games it seems only to dumb down the battles and make things like magnet pull maggie more difficult to use at best and at worst practically dead weight.

Second, I understand it has been agreed upon that only DW abilities that are currently available on cart are allowing in standard OU. I see, for example, that poliwag has been released. I do not see politode on the list. Is it safe to assume that drizzle politode is available?

Finally, what are the biggest things I should watch out for when transitioning from gen 4 to 5?
Infared battle is the only format W/O preview.

on the second question, i think you get kings's rock from that treasure guy.not sure though, so i'll get back to you on that.

they need to remove the stupid 3v3's

i have a question, is cloning via using the python based programs (you set DNS to your comp and drag .pkms in, then go on GTS to download, think francis GTS but your own)
IF the.pkms are of legit pokemon?

It may not be appropriate to ask this question, but: Is the "Rebattle Legends" code detectable by the VGC hack monitor at the VGC regionals? I mean, if I traded for one that was obtained by that means, would it be noticeable at all?

Reposting. Obviously it isn't "quick".
Most of the things you listed in your original post would be beneficial to your team regardless of your weakness to substitute Swords Dance Garchomp because they are generally good Pokémon. I would pick Skarmory for a hard Garchomp counter off the top of my head though

Actually i wasn't being clear at the point I was trying to make. The point is that if you don't run these 5 pokemon, youre forced to run a team that prevents it from setting up, a team that is countering garchomp (Basically no t-wave dnite, no scarf ttar/garchomps locked into stone edge, no rotom-W, and your team has to not be 2KOed and can easily break its subs, faster than and does 75% damage, or not paralyzed). Obviously this should go into the suspect thread but oh well.

Does Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang get a double boost from Sheer Force?(Freeze/Burn/Paralyze and Flinch)
Or just one boost canceling both effects?

@Below: Thanks thats what I thought

Question: Are there any typings that have no weaknesses other than Dark/Ghost or Electric with Levitate? (Obviously if the answer is yes they would have to be unreleased)
Bug/Steel with Flash Fire would have no weaknesses, but I don't think we're going to be seeing one of those any time soon.

Aside from that, no, there does not appear to be any such typings. Without abilities, only Dark/Ghost has no weaknesses, and even with abilities, the only type combinations I could find that only have a single weakness, to Water, Fire, Electric, or Ground, were Bug/Steel and pure Electric.

Bug/Steel with Flash Fire would have no weaknesses, but I don't think we're going to be seeing one of those any time soon.
So the list is:
Bug/Steel with Flash Fire
Electric with Levitate
Ghost/Dark
and I just now thought of Ground/Water with Sap Sipper

I think that's it though

Just a general question. Was browsing through wifi trade forum and I saw alot of legit perfect IV pokemon with appropiate Natures/HP . How do people get them? Breeding have ridiculous odds, I have problem breeding a poke with 3 perfect IV, let alone 6. Is RNG-ing the only way?

@Starrmie

RNG is probably the easiest in a sense,

I breed a lot of pokemon with mostly flawless (maybe one stat slightly off) IV's.

But yes to make certain of what you hatch/catch RNG really is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)