Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Open Challenge
1v1
Singles (NO...LET'S DO DOUBLES *sarcasm*)
3 Day DQ
No Recoveries, No Chills

Arena: Wasabe Desert (Yes, I do like the taste of wasabe, don't hate)

It's a desert. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a slight chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacneas, Cacturnes, and Maractus's all live in this arena. Each time a battling Pokemon get's hit, they may have a random chance encounter with one of each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively.

Special Rules: Only Second Stage Pokemon (so Pokes like Charmeleon, Ivysaur, etc., but not Scizor, Slowking, etc.), please.

To the ref: If you have any questions concerning the arena, let me know. I will try to answer your questions thoroughly.
^ I'll battle with my Metang!

1 ability
no items
yes switching!
We're going to need a new ref. I'm not sure if the original ref will be able to ref this one.

Need to get a subref for this battle

smashlloyd is now busy with the tourney, and it's been quite a while since it updated, and I'd really like to get the battle over and have the spot free up.

Second...RANDOM BATTLE, THE RETURN!

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ
2 Recover/5 Chill
Arena:
Swamp: Arena provides several trees and other assorted marshy plant life for cover. In addition, there is plenty of water around that can be used by Pokemon for water attacks and for swimming, though because of the muddiness of the water, Pokemon who swim in (or fall in) the water suffer a 10 point speed drop while they remain in the water. Getting out of the water, if one falls in, will cost an action of the Pokemon in the water, or one of its teammates, who will spend the action pulling them out.

I'd also prefer using unevolved only, but it isn't necessarily a requirement.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.

Anyone?

Let's put on a great showtime, shall we?

Beginner Battle
2v2, Singles
3 day DQ time
2 recovery moves, 5 chills, certain moves will have restricted power (see italics for details)

Arena: I got this one from the UPNetwork wiki. I decided to modify it a bit.

Band Room, 2nd Period:
A large band room, with cabinets filled with instruments and cases on one side, drums on one wall, and three offices to the side, one with props. A piano sits near the conductor's stand. Three rows of chairs face towards the stand.

This IS during Band class, and consequently there will be many students with their instruments. Luckily, they will clear out after the first round. The walls are filled with sandbags and the battle can spill out into the campus. The band room is located on the first floor so there is little danger of severe injury from height should any Pokemon be knocked outside. Smaller Pokemon may be suffocated by large brass instruments. Recorders can be used as handy clubs. Intentionally hurting any child is an automatic disqualification.

The Quadrangle, just outside, is perfect for an outdoor battle in the grass. Meanwhile the Turner Center, which is right next to the offices, has a stage and rows of seats.

Weather moves are not effective unless a hole is blown out to the outdoors. Earthquake, Magnitude, and other related attacks that would cause collateral structure damage will have restrained power since the campus is built exceptionally sturdy. Since the band room is located right above the basement, Dig and other tunneling moves will not work.

The school is fairly destructible and past the Quadrangle is a parking lot with plenty of cars. After the fifth round, parents will rush to pick up their kids. Cars will be packed and TV crews will be there.

PUNCHING OUT CAMERA EQUIPMENT IS PERMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Hopefully the arena description isn't too complicated and won't scare some of you off. Now for the challenger and ref!
I'll take on your challenge

Swich=KO
All Abilities
Item=No
Still looking for a ref for this match please!! Thanks!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
SEEKING CHALLENGE

Type: 2 V 2
Style: Singles
Recovers: 2 Recovery / 5 Chills
DQ: 2 Days Player / 3 Days Ref
Arena: The Daycare Playground

What a fun place to have a Pokemon battle! The old man and woman running the daycare have allowed us to spend an hour or two in their backyard to train Pokemon for our adventure. The playground is surrounded by a high fence so that Pokemon cannot escape the arena. It's a flat terrain made of grass that Pokemon can dig through, but seismic activity would crush the house, which the owners might get mad at us about! It's a small to medium sized arena - enough to house a few Pokemon, after all! Since it's a daycare, the daycare owners politely ask that we only use single stage evolving Pokemon (that means either the first of a line of two Pokemon or a line of three Pokemon). There is a small pond nearby that supplies a water source, but it's not big enough to provide multiple Surf attacks.

SUMMARY: Only first stage Pokemon (that means only the first of a line of two or the first of a line of three, not no evolutions). Dig is allowed. Earthquake / Earth Power / Magnitude are disallowed. Surf is limited.

Also, I will take the HD V Alchemator match. PM me your Pokemon please.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Need to get a subref for this battle

smashlloyd is now busy with the tourney, and it's been quite a while since it updated, and I'd really like to get the battle over and have the spot free up.

Second...RANDOM BATTLE, THE RETURN!

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ
2 Recover/5 Chill
Arena:
Swamp: Arena provides several trees and other assorted marshy plant life for cover. In addition, there is plenty of water around that can be used by Pokemon for water attacks and for swimming, though because of the muddiness of the water, Pokemon who swim in (or fall in) the water suffer a 10 point speed drop while they remain in the water. Getting out of the water, if one falls in, will cost an action of the Pokemon in the water, or one of its teammates, who will spend the action pulling them out.

I'd also prefer using unevolved only, but it isn't necessarily a requirement.
i'll do this, i have yet to try triple so i might as well

all abilities
no items
switch=ko

edit: i'm down for the first of a line thing as well

Seeking Challenge

Type: 3v3
Style: Singles
Recovers: 2 Recovers/5 Chills
DQ: 2 Day Player/3 Day Ref
Arena: The Spirit of Adventure

This time we're battling aboard the scenic Spirit of Adventure blimp from the classic Pixar movie Up. Principally in the main area with all of the skeletons, but the back of the blimp and outside in the air is available as well. Now a Pokemon battle is pretty rowdy, we don't want to anger any of the dogs running around on board as well! There's a 15% chance that a player will be attacked by a dog (Neutral Nature Poochyena using Bite). The floor isn't very stable, no Earthquake, Magnitude, or Dig.

Okay, I would like to issue a rather interesting challenge.

2v2 doubles
No move restrictions whatsoever (yes, that means unlimited recoveries and chills)
Send in only two pokemon: one fully evolved and one unevolved (unevolved cannot be single stage)
DQ time: 3 days for battlers, 7 days for the ref
Arena: Park of Imagination

A grassy park with a pond in the middle. Pokemon cannot be damaged by any moves. They are susceptible to status effects and other non-damaging effects of moves and any abilities that might cause damage can still do so, but they cannot be damaged directly by attacks. Instead, before each round begins, several random objects will appear (the ref decides how many and what they are - they can be literally anything so go nuts) and pokemon must use these objects to do damage to their opponents.

At least two of the participants in the 1v1v1v1 are unable to battle, therefore, it is cancelled until further notice. If y'all want to set it up when all of you are available agian, go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)