5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ohhh, okay. Well I have four Pokemon in my party, so I can just go for the 4th spread listed.

Annnnnd that's what I did. The Cobalion does not have the right IVs, though. -_- Its characteristic isn't one of ones that indicates an IV of 31.

Here are the exact IVs in case someone needs to know them to help me out:

30 / 29 / 26 / 17 / 16 / 8 Jolly nature

Ohhh, okay. Well I have four Pokemon in my party, so I can just go for the 4th spread listed.

Annnnnd that's what I did. The Cobalion does not have the right IVs, though. -_- Its characteristic isn't one of ones that indicates an IV of 31.

Here are the exact IVs in case someone needs to know them to help me out:

30 / 29 / 26 / 17 / 16 / 8 Jolly nature
Click the spread you selected with the right mouse button and select show adjacent seeds (current frame) or something like that. You probably hit another Timer0

I am using RNG latest version 9.81
So I set the time to 6:13 (april 2nd)

Rebooted the ds and pressed a on exactly 6:13 25 seconds

I did not press any buttons until the animation on N apperaed and started the game with the c-gear off

I used sweet scent and got into a battle, caught a mienfoo and did a iv check on serebii.net

I typed in the ivs and hit search

No matchs!?!?!? Please someone vm or pm some help!
I need to find paramiters...I think

If you knock a pokemon out and then beat the elite four, will the pokemon respawn like platinum and hgss? I want to RNG for thunderous but have already released it into the wild.

Yes, it worked! I ended up going for the 5th Spread instead; it has a Quirky nature and the correct IVs! :)

But I've got so much more to learn...*sighs*

Edit: A small problem...well, I got the right Pokemon and everything, but I didn't know it was the right Pokemon until I levelled it to 100 using Rare Candies to find out whether or not it had the right IVs. Seems really cumbersome to do all that just see if I did it right or not. Not to mention, now I have a lv. 100 Cobalion (thought I won't be keeping it).

So basically, my question: is there some way to verify that you got the right Pokemon without levelling it up all the way to lv. 100 just to check its IVs?

Yes, it worked! I ended up going for the 5th Spread instead; it has a Quirky nature and the correct IVs! :)

But I've got so much more to learn...*sighs*

Edit: A small problem...well, I got the right Pokemon and everything, but I didn't know it was the right Pokemon until I levelled it to 100 using Rare Candies to find out whether or not it had the right IVs. Seems really cumbersome to do all that just see if I did it right or not. Not to mention, now I have a lv. 100 Cobalion (thought I won't be keeping it).

So basically, my question: is there some way to verify that you got the right Pokemon without levelling it up all the way to lv. 100 just to check its IVs?
Get the range of IVs off a calculator. You can narrow it down with the judge in nimbassa (if you beat E4) or the hidden power guy. But when you get the range of values from the calculator, the chances that

- The exact IVs from rng reporter + it fitting the IV range from the calculator + you missed your seed, so it's not really the exact IVs but just really close is extremely small.

@uber effective: Did you input the range and not just the median value? An SS of your screen will be helpful

@Led Zeppelin: I believe if you kill thundurus and beat the E4, it will respawn. You just wont' be able to RNG the IVs (without extreme luck)

so basically.. hit your seed for the thundurus.. kill it.. and it will have those same ivs next time around?
Nope, you'll have to RNG it at the E4, which is very unstable IV frame wise, the IV frame advances like a madman throughout the battle. Shinyness is easier in the E4, though.

okay, i thought that was the case as i remembered correctly. but the kid above me made me double check my memory. either way.. the roamers are gone and caught for me anyways.

I can't find the "actual seconds" when I click search
my ds mac adress is right and the date is july 2, 5:10 25 seconds
I booted my game at july 2, 5:10 25 seconds
did not press anything until the game freak thing was over and caught a mienfoo after sweet scenting it
WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!?!?!?

Yay, I hatched my first flawless. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Now I want to breed another one, but with this guy I don't have a flawless original parent, just the ditto. Would I do the same thing as what I was doing, or what would I have to do to breed a Flawless?

I haven't touched the game or RNGed in roughly two months. I just downloaded RNG 8.1 beta and every time I start search after about one minute, it'll freeze (Not Responding). By the way I'm doing this on a desktop as before I was RNGing using my Laptop. Any idea what the problem could be? It's been going on for at least 30 minutes.

Yay, I hatched my first flawless. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Now I want to breed another one, but with this guy I don't have a flawless original parent, just the ditto. Would I do the same thing as what I was doing, or what would I have to do to breed a Flawless?
I would learn how to breed with half-flawless parents, as it's not that hard to understand really.

There are 6 IVs. When you get the egg, 6 IVs are determined, but 3 of them come from the parents and overwrite the RNG-IV.

So say your RNG is 31/31/31/20/20/20
Your female is 20/20/20/31/31/31

Lets say you hit PID frame 60, and it says "Female passes down spatk, spdef, and speed"

So your female parent will overwrite the RNG and your final product will be

31/31/31/31/31/31

You can manually search for seeds where the ditto parent only passes down IVs, which will be fine. If you know how to work the shiny egg finder, you can have the program do all that grunt work for you.

I would learn how to breed with half-flawless parents, as it's not that hard to understand really.

There are 6 IVs. When you get the egg, 6 IVs are determined, but 3 of them come from the parents and overwrite the RNG-IV.

So say your RNG is 31/31/31/20/20/20
Your female is 20/20/20/31/31/31

Lets say you hit PID frame 60, and it says "Female passes down spatk, spdef, and speed"

So your female parent will overwrite the RNG and your final product will be

31/31/31/31/31/31

You can manually search for seeds where the ditto parent only passes down IVs, which will be fine. If you know how to work the shiny egg finder, you can have the program do all that grunt work for you.
So first I get a frame that passes down 3 iv's from the dad(ditto). Then I get another one that passes the other 3 iv's from that offspring?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So first I get a frame that passes down 3 iv's from the dad(ditto). Then I get another one that passes the other 3 iv's from that offspring?
No, you want a single frame in which half of the IVs come from the MTRNG and the other half comes from the parents. Inheritance.

did not press anything until the game freak thing was over and caught a mienfoo after sweet scenting it

I replicated the same thing in the video and he got a match. but mine didn't?

I replicated the same thing in the video and he got a match. but mine didn't?
I told you to put up an SS of your ds parameter screen. I'm pretty sure it's your IVs since that's the most common problem.

Okay so this time I went for a Volcarona. Not for keeps, just making sure that I got standard abuse down. The highlighted spread is what I was aiming for, but the spread circled in blue is what I got. I noticed that it says Date/Time is 18:06:22. I'm guessing that what happened was the I pressed A in order to boot the game too late. But my Timer0 is also C7F instead of C7E. There's nothing that I can do about my Timer0 fluctuating, correct?

Edit: Never mind, based on the time for the spread I was going for, I entered at the right time. Must be the Timer0 fluctuating then

Okay so this time I went for a Volcarona. Not for keeps, just making sure that I got standard abuse down. The highlighted spread is what I was aiming for, but the spread circled in blue is what I got. I noticed that it says Date/Time is 18:06:22. I'm guessing that what happened was the I pressed A in order to boot the game too late. But my Timer0 is also C7F instead of C7E. There's nothing that I can do about my Timer0 fluctuating, correct?

Edit: Never mind, based on the time for the spread I was going for, I entered at the right time. Must be the Timer0 fluctuating then
Yep, it's the timer0. It happens to everyone, so just keep trying and you'll hit your seed ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)