Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1v1 me.

1v1 FE Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves bar Sandstorm will fail, No Water Source, no Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground moves used by non-Ground Pokemon have a flat 15% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that have abilities that activate under Sandstorm will activate under a Mudstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Anyone up for a quick duel...On a Gym arena...
Yeah, well, Last Post on Page Syndrome sucks.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Challenging iiMKUltra
6v6 Singles Training
DQs suck
5 Recoveries, 3 Chills per pokemon

:

A briny beach, there is plenty of water to Splash around in, the sun is shining and it is all around a nice place to be. All seismic moves have their BAP reduced by two due to the sensitive nature of the plates in the ocean. This can be bypassed by using a seismic combo, however, this will trigger an Earthquake/Tsunami (RNG roll 1-10, 1=10% damage to both competitors, 2-4=30%, 5-6=50%, 7-9=80%, 10=insta-KO plus one random KO from each bench).

2v2 Doubles are fun!

2v2 Doubles (Training, if the acceptor so wishes)
1 FE, 1 NFE
Send only TWO Pokemon to the Ref
1 Recovers/2 Chills
1 Day DQ (Battlers), 2 Day DQ Ref
Items ON
Arena: Hail and Sand
This arena has patches of both soft sand and solid ice. To make matters worse, a SandHail Storm is raging, damaging non-Steel, Ice, Rock and Ground types 5 HP per action, and this weather can not be altered. However, this strange weather give Ice and Ground moves +2 BP, and activates Sand veil, Ice Body, 100% Acc Blizzard, Rock type SpD boost, and all other Hail/Sandstorm effects. The only water is frozen solid, and no vegetation can survive the harsh elemental conditions.

KAXTAR: I'll take you on.

Switch=derp
Items OFF (Exp. Share is allowed, though. Seeing as how I haven't been on in forever, I have nothing good. >.< )
All Abilities.
Training Battle

NOTE: I'm coming off a five-month hiatus, so someone'll need to help me out if anything major has changed.

We could use a ref, too. :)

KAXTAR: I'll take you on. What does the "training" battle imply?

Switch=OK
Items OFF (I thought I was in charge of this...)
All Abilities.

NOTE: I'm coming off a five-month hiatus, so someone'll need to help me out if anything major has changed.
Training means that the battle does not go on the WLT. Normally, you can decide items. However, I want them on so I can use my Exp. Share; it won't affect the outcome of the battle, it only increases the number of counters I get at the end.

Alrighty, nobody opposed the legality of this idea, so I'm gonna' go ahead and send out this challenge!

3 vs 3 FE abstract singles!
Send THREE pokemon to the ref.
2 Day DQ for Trainers AND Ref.
No-Items (explictly for the Arena)

Arena: Inner Sanctum

The trainers battle in the universe of Kingdom Hearts, on top of a beautiful Stained-Glass floor in an empty, darkness filled room. The pokemon start off on opposite sides of the floor, and can use any moves thanks to the energy and zen floating around this abysmal arena. While the arena may seem tranquil at first, there is a catch. At the end of each round, there is a 2/10 Chance of 2 small Purebloods appearing, and a 0.5/10 chance of a Darkside appearing (only 1 roll is conducted to determine the Heartless, and no roll is conducted if there is already an active Heartless). These Heartless must be defeated if the battle is to continue, and because they are worthy adversaries, they reward the slayer with 1 KOC if defeated, just like pokemon.

The Heartless? Well, let's take a look.

Heartless(*)
Pureblood(U)

Nature: Serious (no change)

Type: Dark
Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities: Insomnia, Unaware
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Insomnia also has Vital Spirit, its accuracy is raised by one (1) stage permanently.
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: 3
Def: 2
SpA: 0
SpD: 2
Spe: 55

Moves
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Bite
Night Slash
Shadow Punch
Crunch
Slash
Shadow Claw

X-Scissor
Protect
Poison Jab

Teleport
Sucker Punch
Shadow Sneak

Heartless(*)
Darkside(U)

Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Insomnia also has Vital Spirit, its accuracy is raised by one (1) stage permanently.
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.

Stats
HP: 115
Atk: 5
Def: 3
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 40

Moves
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Night Slash
Shadow Punch
Slam
Shadow Claw
Hammer Arm
Body Slam
Take Down
Knock Down
Shadow Sneak

Drain Punch
Focus Punch
Dark Pulse

Protect
Detect
Earth Power

Dark Void

The fun part for Refs? You get to control power-hungry, instinct-driven Heartless. :B

Now, who here would like to take on this challenge?

1v1 me.

1v1 FE Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves bar Sandstorm will fail, No Water Source, no Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground moves used by non-Ground Pokemon have a flat 15% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that have abilities that activate under Sandstorm will activate under a Mudstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Anyone up for a quick duel...On a Gym arena...
I'VE GOT YOU IAR.

Training Items
404 Error: Switch not found
all abilities

prepare to be counterteamed by my fighting types.

Alrighty, nobody opposed the legality of this idea, so I'm gonna' go ahead and send out this challenge!

3 vs 3 FE abstract singles!
Send TWO pokemon to the ref.
2 Day DQ for Trainers AND Ref.
No-Items (explictly for the Arena)

Arena: Inner Sanctum

The trainers battle in the universe of Kingdom Hearts, on top of a beautiful Stained-Glass floor in an empty, darkness filled room. The pokemon start off on opposite sides of the floor, and can use any moves thanks to the energy and zen floating around this abysmal arena. While the arena may seem tranquil at first, there is a catch. At the end of each round, there is a 2/10 Chance of 2 small Purebloods appearing, and a 0.5/10 chance of a Darkside appearing (only 1 roll is conducted to determine the Heartless, and no roll is conducted if there is already an active Heartless). These Heartless must be defeated if the battle is to continue, and because they are worthy adversaries, they reward the slayer with 1 KOC if defeated, just like pokemon.

The Heartless? Well, let's take a look.

Heartless(*)
Pureblood(U)

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: 3
Def: 2
SpA: 0
SpD: 2
Spe: 55

Moves
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Bite
Night Slash
Shadow Punch
Crunch
Slash
Shadow Claw

X-Scissor
Protect
Poison Jab

Teleport
Sucker Punch
Shadow Sneak

Heartless(*)
Darkside(U)

Stats
HP: 115
Atk: 5
Def: 3
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 40

Moves
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Night Slash
Shadow Punch
Slam
Shadow Claw
Hammer Arm
Body Slam
Take Down
Knock Down
Shadow Sneak

Drain Punch
Focus Punch
Dark Pulse

Protect
Detect
Earth Power

Dark Void

The fun part for Refs? You get to control power-hungry, instinct-driven Heartless. :B

Now, who here would like to take on this challenge?

I accept your challenge, friend- and let it be a match to remeber!

One Ability
Switch=KO
No Items

2v2 Doubles are fun!

2v2 Doubles (Training, if the acceptor so wishes)
1 FE, 1 NFE
Send only TWO Pokemon to the Ref
1 Recovers/2 Chills
1 Day DQ (Battlers), 2 Day DQ Ref
Items ON
Arena: Hail and Sand
This arena has patches of both soft sand and solid ice. To make matters worse, a SandHail Storm is raging, damaging non-Steel, Ice, Rock and Ground types 5 HP per action, and this weather can not be altered. However, this strange weather give Ice and Ground moves +2 BP, and activates Sand veil, Ice Body, 100% Acc Blizzard, Rock type SpD boost, and all other Hail/Sandstorm effects. The only water is frozen solid, and no vegetation can survive the harsh elemental conditions.
KAXTAR: I'll take you on.

Switch=derp
Items OFF (Exp. Share is allowed, though. Seeing as how I haven't been on in forever, I have nothing good. >.< )
All Abilities.
Training Battle

We could use a ref, too. :)
Your match is mine! Send over your pogeys!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dropping the melee since Blast doesn't seem to be posting it. Apologies to smash, EndQuote, and Glacier.

OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers / 2 Chills

Arena: Teleportation
Every round, the ref randomizes an arena from the arena compendium and uses it for the round. See IAR v Atheno for details.

Dropping the battle between me and Lord Jesseus because nobody's taken it.

Challenging darkaxis to an LC battle
3v3 singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recovers / Infinite Chills
Arena: ASB to keep things simple.

Dropping the melee since Blast doesn't seem to be posting it. Apologies to smash, EndQuote, and Glacier.

OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers / 2 Chills

Arena: Teleportation
Every round, the ref randomizes an arena from the arena compendium and uses it for the round. See IAR v Atheno for details.
Accepting this as long as it's training.

Switch: Off
Items: Off (Use Amulet Coin and shit if you want)
Abilities: All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)