Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post, sorry, but we got Leaf and Star Cup footage from LA auto show.

Leaf Cup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weROpKrEGj0
Star Cup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HICJKwiJolo
Impressions: http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1321853291/0#1

Star Cup seems brilliant, in my opinion. Maku Wahu seems much more fun than I expected, at the very least.

Update: Damn, no Single-Player VS mode. I will probably get used to it, but fuck me.

Also, to stop almost all my posts being just about Mario Kart, has anyone played VVVVVV? It might come to the 3DS and I like platformers, so is it any good?

Bought this yesterday - the guy said they had the new Zelda one but I prefer the blue. Got OOT as well; my only game so far having not played the original.

Early impressions - after playing, my eyes keep trying to resolve 3D images whenever I look at basically any flat surface. Makes my laptop screen swim.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bought this yesterday - the guy said they had the new Zelda one but I prefer the blue. Got OOT as well; my only game so far having not played the original.

Early impressions - after playing, my eyes keep trying to resolve 3D images whenever I look at basically any flat surface. Makes my laptop screen swim.
What setting is the 3D slider at? In my experience, the majority of games are best served with the slider at about half - although cranking that baby up to max in Hyrule Field and during cutscenes is awesome.

Got Mario Kart 7 yesterday and it's awesome, really enjoying it. I feel like the mix of new and old tracks is perfect this time (there wasn't a single track I didn't enjoy). And I couldn't be happier with SNES Rainbow Road brought back

What setting is the 3D slider at? In my experience, the majority of games are best served with the slider at about half - although cranking that baby up to max in Hyrule Field and during cutscenes is awesome.
About half, or a little under. It's not the 3D itself that hurts my eyes, though, it's when I stop and my brain keeps trying to resolve the stereoscopic images when there aren't any.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like we have ourselves another update!

It's post MK7 too, something tells me they are trying to cover up some bugs or exploits. The content is really good too. We get Find Mii 2 which has about triple the hats of the first and some branching pathways and better combat. Also more puzzle swap which always eats up my coins.

Seriously I had about 80 and I found myself spending 50. Now I'll need to bring the 3DS to campus, even though classes are ending.

I still haven't been able to update the 3ds. This is my final week in the uni so I need to get streetpass from alot of ppl. Also my friend played MK7 on the 3ds and when it got into sleep mode, the 3ds turned blank and he had to reboot. Has this happen to ppl?

Loving Pushbox/Pullmo. Even if you're not a puzzle fan (I wasn't), at least check it out. Defintely the best thing on eShop at the moment.

Has anyone played Tales from the Abyss? I haven't had a good JRPG in a while, but I want to know if the storyline is worth playing for.

The Japanese 3DS Ambassador games have been revealed. Ambassadors in Japan will get their games starting December 16. I assume and hope that we'll be getting the same games. It's a great list!

1. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  2. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  4. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  5. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  6. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  7. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  8. Metroid Fusion
  9. Wario Land 4
  10. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

good list.

so i'll be getting a 3DS on christmas day and zelda and i was wondering what the in-built stuff on the 3DS were like. i'm especially interested in find mii/streetpass quest since it has hats, and everyone knows tf2 fans like hats.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh right instead of spamming every channel I was in I should probably have posted that here.

I like the GBA list. Never played Kirby and the Amazing Mirror before due to how rare it was, so that's going to be fun.

Oh man, that list is great! I was really hopeful for a lot of these games (Minish Cap, a Fire Emblem, Amazing Mirror) and hopefully if the lists stays similar, they'll all make their way here as well.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kinda jealous of the ambassadors now, I mean the lack of any Pokemon game is kinda ehh but that list is great, especially Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap.

To be fair I would rather have $100 than games I can emulate =p

But the list is definitely great! I was worried they would half-ass it.

Also lol Firestorm, I was waiting for you to post it here but figured you were too excited or something to remember :)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
YESSS YESSS!

If they make amazing mirror multiplayer, well, I will die. I tired to get some of that happening back in the GBA days but it was way too difficult. Amazing mirror might just be the Metroidvania of Kirby titles. I'll finally be able to beat Minish Cap which excites me to no end because I only was able to borrow that sucker for a while.

Fusion might have been ruined for me because of Other M. F-zero seems fun enough, the black horse on that list is probably going to be Mario Kart Super Circuit which is a joke considering we just got a 3DS version of the game (although it only has 1 GBA course), and F-zero was already a racing game on the list.

FE:SS is a surprise for me, I'd prefer the original GBA game, but this one probably has more replay with the different classes and the skirmishes so it's understandable.

Also two Wario games, didn't see that coming.

I agree with jumpluff about the trade-off, I'm not particularly jealous of ambassadors, I'm more content with the price reduction. Any of those games I do care about I can spend that saved money on the cartridges (or maybe they'll hit the shop at some point). Don't get me wrong its an awesome list, I just prefer the price to the list.

Also agree with Layell about Mario Kart, wtf.

===
And before I forget, what date does Zelda: Four Swords get taken down? Sometime in February right?

EDIT: Thanks pluff!

Just got MK7... I liked the whole concept of one circuit around a giant place like Wuhu Island (that's what they're calling it now, i guess :/)... But Darn it, don't mess with my Rainbow Road!!!! I like my three laps and approximately four to six minutes of rigorous grinding and flying through sharp turns without any regard to lack of railings. They screwed with my best track...
>:(

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mario Kart Super Circuit isn't really like Mario Kart 7. Mario Kart 7 is like a sequel to Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS. Super Circuit is very much a sequel to Super Mario Kart on the SNES.

I think the ones who got off best are the people who purchased a 3DS right before the price drop and price adjusted so got the system for $170 + all these games. Or the people who are buying it this month with the $50 / $40 gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)