Smogon University PO Statistics — December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Poliwrath was NU except apparently nobody realized it -___-
I haven't looked through the old usage stat threads but Poliwrath has been listed as RU in the smogondex and unavailable in the NU ladder for the past three months. That would be a really huge mistake.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well at least there's no more Chansey in UU.

Great, I do not want to have to use Weavile to deal with Scarf Flygon in UU. What? Weavile's weak to Stealth Rock!

Anyway, we need to make a BL3 tier because Swellow will be breaking NU now that Klinklang, Magneton, and Rhydon are gone.

I'm sorry, but... Druddigon in RU now? Is there really anything good about it?

I think everyone is thinking, "HOLY SHIT DUGTRIO OMG"
Gastrodon eat your heart out. Dugtrio is the new Smogon Love Child.

Also Alakazam is one of my favorite pokemon, so its cool to see him get used more.

UU losing Donphan is pretty big news as well.

But seriously this is crazy news. Im making a video right now mentioning all the highlights so I can be first on youtube.

I think the NU Swellow hype is a little much. There are still a lot of stops to it, including Golem, Regirock, and Alomomola. It's not like Staraptor in UU where it could CC anything that walled it (bar Rhyperior) for a 2HKO. It also kills itself really quickly with BB recoil, poison, and a SR weakness, and it doesn't resist any priority moves (except shadow sneak lol) and can't switch in on anything. It at least deserves a fair chance before everyone collectively decides that it's broken.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think the NU Swellow hype is a little much. There are still a lot of stops to it, including Golem, Regirock, and Alomomola. It's not like Staraptor in UU where it could CC anything that walled it (bar Rhyperior) for a 2HKO. It also kills itself really quickly with BB recoil, poison, and a SR weakness, and it doesn't resist any priority moves (except shadow sneak lol) and can't switch in on anything. It at least deserves a fair chance before everyone collectively decides that it's broken.
The thing is that Brave Bird is not Swellow scariest move,Facade is.Actually Swellow is using Facede most of time unless Ghost-type and even then it might be using U-Turn to get out of those.It has some checks and counters but all of them are dealt with a Fighting type that is strongth enough to do the job.
Just hoping Quick Attack Swellow doesnt become Popular so my kid Sneasel can stop him.

Klingklang out of NU?

BRB, making Altaria team, seeing as the only useable Steel is gone, so I can spam Outrage.

EDIT: And now I've looked over other stuff

Chansey out of UU: Hell yeah. Might actually re-start playing it now special attackers aren't useless.

Swampert into UU: Poor thing finally fell. He wasn't useless, he was a good TANK... but tanks are not that useful in B/W, and Swampert dosen't exactly benifit from Rain with his neutrality to Water. Swampert is a good mon... it's just that he gets left by the wayside in the B/W metagame. Not that many mons can boast his bulk, power [on both sides] excellent STABs, 1 weakness to an uncommon type, Rocks, and Roar...

Also, Cress in RU. LOL. How long until it gets the boot.

NU's gone from being pretty balanced to a mess. There's literally nothing to stop Magmortar, Gorybass or Altaria now that Klingklang and Slowking have gone, and NU Stall basically just died, with... it's whole team pretty much leaving. Swellow + Sawk also pretty much destroys stuff [U-Turn to Scarf Sawk when need be.]

Volt Turn is dominating the metagame as always. This sickens me. Tyranitar / Scizor / Rotom-W / Landorus / Filler / Filler is the layout of most of the teams I run into while laddering. Tell me how much skill it takes to copy a volt turn team and use it successfully.

58 | Slowbro | 2.704% This thing needs more love. He counters a lot of common threats in to OU metagame like Dragonite, Terrakion, Landorus, and pretty much all physical attackers.

Dang I'm gunna be getting into UU this round, it looks awesome :D, sucks that Nu lost a lot of their fun stuff though. Volturn dominating as per usual earn to breloom :s
Oh and thanks a bunch for the stats :D

In all seriousness, what is so good about Dugtrio? Yes, it has Arena Trap and that great speed, but it's very frail and rather weak. It needs Focus Sash, which leaves it extremely vulnerable to hazards. Why does it deserve to be OU?

In all seriousness, what is so good about Dugtrio? Yes, it has Arena Trap and that great speed, but it's very frail and rather weak. It needs Focus Sash, which leaves it extremely vulnerable to hazards. Why does it deserve to be OU?
It's not his traits wich make him OU, but the Pokemon he can take on. Terrakion, Tyranitar, Ninetails, Jirachi, and a lot of other common Pokemon can be trapped and killed by Dugtrio.

Actually, I just did a few calcs, and I stand corrected. Even with no boosting item, Duggy 2HKOs those threats you mentioned, with Sash allowing it to get in that final hit. I think it definitely deserves to be OU (just make sure to have a spinner).

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hell yeah thanks Antar!!!!!

Wow the 1337 stats for OU are interesting. THREE over 40%!!!! Wowza, Tyranitar, Scizor, Rotom are gettin' some serious love. But glad to see Breloom's massive 1337 jump, def due to the new BU set :D

Also interesting to see Chincou as #2 in LC, didn't see toooooo many of them. Not like Mienfoo.

UU losing Donphan sucks haha

NO NO NO NO NO NOT CRESSELIA FUCK also NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT SIGILYPH FUCK

atleast, we get Golurk back, and Spiritomb will be an interesting addition.

I wanted Nidoqueen to drop :(

And yes! Swampert in uu :D

Wow. So strange that Chansey is back in OU. All the UU players seem to be very happy she left lol. That whole metagame will change a lot, losing and gaining such massive Pokemon.

And generic wow @ Dugtrio's tier jump.

Wow. So strange that Chansey is back in OU. All the UU players seem to be very happy she left lol. That whole metagame will change a lot, losing and gaining such massive Pokemon.

And generic wow @ Dugtrio's tier jump.
I think losing Donphan was a bigger hit but then again I never play UU

Lol @ how badly the No Arceus challenge biased Ubers stats.

Dialga taking over #1 in 1337 Ubers stats? Blasphemy!

Alakazam to OU is a good thing, I do think it's a bit too strong for UU no matter what the council may think.

Chansey leaving UU is nice. I'm firmly against Chansey being too strong for UU, but it leaving means considerably more flexibility with special sweepers.

Heracross totally dominating 1337 UU stats, seriously?

I don't remember if I played enough to actually influence any 1337 statistic, damnit, if I didn't I'd better make sure to do it next month!

Of all the pokemon who changed tiers, Donphan is the most surprising to me. He doesn't fare well against the multitudes of Special attackers in the tier, and doesn't get any large benefits from Sandstorm (and get destroyed by all the other weathers). I guess he can check a few pokemon, but so many top-tier threats can just use him as setup bait. Duggy's sudden rise isn't that shocking to me; I don't know how he stayed buried at the bottom for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)