Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Weavile still a good Pokemon to use in the higher tires?
*fanboy alert*
As a user of Weavile in OU myself, I'd just like to say: Yes. It does work. Dragonite? Mence? Lati@s? Landorus? They all fall easily to CB Weavile (and SD too). Even without Spin support, Weavile can deal major damage to anything with its blistering Speed, high Attack, and great offensive STABs. Is Scizor still the biggest troll to it? Absolutely. Thats what teammates are for though.

Yeah, I know its somewhat niche, but its great at what it does.

Are there any plans to ban King's Rock again?
No AFAIK although I don't remember any plan to ban King's Rock in the first place.

also to clear up some stuff Vulpix was never banned in UU but Drought was. It was on the PO server that Vulpix was banned.

and finally, as to why vulpix is in limbo, its banned from Little Cup. And doesn't have usage in NU along with Carvanha and Meditite. Scyther and the other LCUber mons have usage in other tiers (AFAIK Scyther is RU)

also to clear up some stuff Vulpix was never banned in UU but Drought was. It was on the PO server that Vulpix was banned.

and finally, as to why vulpix is in limbo, its banned from Little Cup. And doesn't have usage in NU along with Carvanha and Meditite. Scyther and the other LCUber mons have usage in other tiers (AFAIK Scyther is RU)
I know the Vulpix situation, as I said that makes sense to me now since, with the ban coded as a ban on it instead of drought for the sake of convenience on the PO server, we technically can't assume it would be NU and there would be no point in putting it there anyway since it can't be used in that tier. However, I still don't really understand why the other two aren't listed there. Sure Meditite and Carvahna are 242 and 266 in the latest usage statistics but Yanma, another Little Cup Uber, is tied for 196th with Furret and is still listed as NU as are Silcoon and Cascoon who as far as I can tell don't appear once in the NU usage stats. All the other things in Limbo are unreleased event legendaries with the exception of Darmanitan-Z, which is itself a special case. I really don't see how it makes sense for those two to be there.

How are hack checks done?
If you suspect someone from using illegal hacks , then you should ask if you can see his/her pokemon.
If they denie they probably are hackers i guess.
If they show you , check the stats , if you see all max , or too high , or w/e , then you know its hacked.
If you see a move that certain pokemon cant learn , you can also consider it beeing a hack but always double check if it isnt a event pokemon.
(Like i used to be astonished when i saw wish blissey , and i saw it alot... when site never said it learned that :P )

Ok, time to repeat my (UNansewered) question.

Hey there, very technical question/s here.
This question has been bugging me for a while now, so please answer it.

Sorry for the way I had to explain the question, I couldn't find another way of doing it.

Say I had a breloom with bullet seed and it is holding a metronome, would bullet seeds power go up every time it hits the opponent in the same turn? and if so, could someone please give me a rough calculation of the rise in power seed bomb would recieve because of the items effects?

If I don't want to use Life Orb/Choice Item on my Latios, is Wiseglasses>Expert Belt? I run DM/HP Fire/ Surf/ Psyshock
With that move set i would defenatly use specs tbh.
Either way , as an answer to your question.
Expert belt is 20% boost IF super effective.
Where WiseGlasses is 10% boost to all.

With the moveset given you can hit most pokemons for super effective so expert belt might be the better option.
Also you can 'fake' a choice specs with them as they call it.
People would think : oh no life orb dammage , defenatly specs then.
And then switch in to something to resist surf lets say , try to set up but get killed because of mispredicting the item.

@Soulfly: I thought that E-Belt gave a 30% boost....

Anyway - I am planning on using a mixed Verziron. How many Atk EVs are needed to guarantee a OHKO or 2KO of Blissey/Chansey while still retaining enough power to attack Specially?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
@Soulfly: I thought that E-Belt gave a 30% boost....

Anyway - I am planning on using a mixed Verziron. How many Atk EVs are needed to guarantee a OHKO or 2KO of Blissey/Chansey while still retaining enough power to attack Specially?
108 EVs with LO KO Blissey after SR (without SR you need near max EVs)

You only got a Chance to OHKO Chansey with Max EVs + SR and that chance is pretty damn small.

At +1 (assuming you use Work Up) You need 8 EVs to OHKO Chansey 100% of the time with SR and none to OHKO Blissey (you can actually use timid and will still OHKO even without SR).

If you need anyother calcs use this: http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
what tiers are sand veil allowed in, also accounting sand stream?
Within Smogon's tiering system, Sand Veil (and Snow Cloak) are allowed in all tiers! The only place where I think there might be confusion on this issue is that Garchomp is banned from OU. Sand Veil played a role in the plethora of issues that caused Garchomp to be moved up into Ubers.

Feel free to check out the awesome banlist that kd24 compiled recently for your future tiering questions!

Why isn't Ursaring in a higher tier?
For starters, just because something isn't in that tier shouldn't be the reason you're not using it, to settle any further questions.

Ursaring, while being able to hit extremely hard, is just too easy to stall out, as it requires using a Status Orb to use correctly, much like Swellow, even though they share a trait of an amazingly powerful Facade. It also isn't fast at all. Even with a Quick Feet boost, it fails to outspeed base 115's like Starmie (iirc). Also, while not having paper bulk, its offset by the status orb, meaning that most hits will put a huge damper in Ursaring's potential. Also, since it is a Normal type, its very priority-weak, and is revenged easily that way too.

tl;dr, its too easy to stall out, not fast enough, not bulky enough, no recovery, and plain requires too much team support to work.

Why isn't Ursaring in a higher tier?
Because it has rubbish speed, and meh bulk. Although it has two good abilites, one means that it can be worn down when it comes into effect through burn and hazards and the second requires tricky prediction. It is also outsped by many revenge killers and choice scarfers.

If I use the AR code to rebattle Zekrom on top of Dragonspiral Tower, is it possible to RNG a shiny Zekrom, or is there some complication with the encounter slot that prevents me from doing so?

If I use the AR code to rebattle Zekrom on top of Dragonspiral Tower, is it possible to RNG a shiny Zekrom, or is there some complication with the encounter slot that prevents me from doing so?
There is no possible way to get a shiny Zekrom. The game is programmed so you get a normal one everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)