origin of usernames

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
lets face it, theres some weirdass usernames here. whats the origin of yours?

mines my last name

garchompzilla; I like garchomp and godzilla.

that's pretty much it. Although I did have a diff. username at first but I thought it sucked.

Tolan is a pretty solid last name.

Phadunk; Slapping someone on the top of their head with one's excited penis.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
My first name is Matthew. My younger brother's first name is James. When we were little we didn't have a home console. We rented one every now and then from the movie store. When we did rent one we of course had to share. When we rented RPGs, often there would be only one save file so we'd always name our character MattJames. I'm the older brother so yeah my name always got priority. :p I can't remember which game it was (I think it may have been EARTHBOUND) but whatever it was, our save file name could only have 5 characters.

Thus "mattj" was bornded.

I'm pretty sure I've used mattj on every single game I've played since, and every forum I've ever been on. Now that my brother and I don't get to see each other every day its a nice reminder of lil Jimmy and those fun weekends playing SNES and 64 for like 48 hours straight.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
um well when i was like 12 and registered for smogon back in 2009 i really liked the pokemon snorlax

so i was like "why not make my username snorlax"

but snorlax was taken

so i added an "e"

"snorlaxe"

I really don't know. I just wanted something that sounded cool. Better than my old name I used on another forum "Mimejr123x". God so nooby.

I however am thinking of changing my user name.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Oglemi is my username for pretty much everything I have on the Internet.

It's actually just a combination of my last and first name; Ogle is my last name, Mike is my first, mashed together = Oglemi.

Pronounced "ogle me" or "ogle my", either way is fine I guess? How I pronounce it is a secret.....

EDIT: also if you don't know what ogle means look it up!

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Well, I tried to register "Mario" and that was taken, so I went with the username I've been using on pretty much every other forum...except NSider when it existed. The Mario Bros have always been my favorite video game characters.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Perfect timing.

I picked Straw Hat Luffy because, One Piece is basically the greatest thing ever, with the greatest characters ever in the greatest universe ever. Luffy is my favorite manga character so he was a shoe in.

PK what?

Ouro is Portuguese for gold. When I started playing Warhammer I chose the name Ouro Punho or gold fist. The name just matched my Warrior Priest's armor.

Before Ouro I had a bunch of stupid names though.

CarlMox =KarlMarx
Ike And Tina = Ike and Tina Turner but mostly because of the Jaime T song.
3fiveIV = D-block

BelligerentBob is my other moniker I use online. I started off using ButaneBob but it turns out Im not the only (BAN ME PLEASE) that likes Aphex Twin.

PS I called myself a (BAN ME PLEASE) because calling yourself stupid shit these days seems to be the trend. Im a pretty motherfucker. Im a pretty bitch. Whoop swag.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
So uh, this was actually originally born from my real old Counterstrike name "My Little Pwn3y," born because all the dudes on the server made fun of my ten-year-old voice. I adapted it when I joined the Pallet Tribune at 12 and it's been my name for everything ever since.

If you ever see My Little Pwn3y playing TF2, say hi.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
A silly sound effect on old school Macintosh computers (despite the fact I'm not a mac fan). The fact that the sound hasn't been in the Mac OS in forever should tell you how long I've had this handle online.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was ControllerOfFlames for a while which I made back on serebii at a time when I was too young to know any better. On some other forum before that I was pyromaniac. I've picked fire pokemon in every gen and a few other games so that was my influence for that.

Layell is a result of the spanish pronunciation of of Leo (Layo), as well as a mix with my last name sans the first letter. On some games and forums usernames just couldn't be that long. I started using Layell on steam, then minecraft, after I established myself on the smogon server I changed it here too and will probably be sticking to it for a long time.

Dance Dance Revolution used to be the only thing I was particularly good at besides Pokemon and I thought PokemonMaster would sound pretentious. I haven't actually played DDR in years, though.

just a fun word i saw one day and liked -- i remember also looking up to a guy named "facetious" on serebii a long time ago to continue the trend of "socially destructive adjectival usernames"

My username used to be Dublinnaser1. Dublin is the city I live in, and Naser is my name, and the 1 just to make it look better. Eventually people started calling me Dublin, and then people called me Dubby. So I stuck to Dubby.

Kurashi: Kuroi means Dark and Arashi means Storm in japanese. I loved lightning when I made up this name. So I melded those two together and out came Kurashi.

Dragon: My supreme love of dragons and I thought that those two sounded well together. Dark Storm Dragon. I loved it and I've stuck with it ever sense. If you see a KurashiDragon anywhere that'll probably be me :P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)