Smogon VGC: Smocon 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM said:
Synre, being the big gay that he is, ordered a big gay drink. Seriously, you can't get more "Synre in a nutshell" than this pic.
Dude it had a marshmallow on it. A MARSHMALLOW. Don't judge me

Also man that's almost as unflattering a picture as that one andrea took during Worlds LCQ where the whites of my eyes are showing like some sort of Pokemon playing zombie

EDIT: also MAN last year you said i wasnt gay enough youre sending me MIXED SIGNALS man

DM said:
The imposter was promptly thrown out and told never to try it again, or he’d be banned for life. It got back to me that he was a Smogoner too, which, I admit, had me really steamed. Those of us who were at JAA in 2006 know how Smogon got a terrible reputation as a bunch of asshole cheaters, and we had gone through a lot to change that image. And then, now, there was this guy making us all look like a bunch of douchebags.

yeah thanks zog

(although as the guy who was sitting right next to bearsfan when that happened Liesik's rant was pretty manly it's a good thing they explained how to play Pokemon for like 40 minutes after that or I'd have been hot and bothered during r1)

also im PRETTY sure we told you which TRE brother is which. Also i'm pretty sure aaron won, this is the sort of thing i might change in my mind over time but I still remember Len shaming us all at nats 10 so i think i'd at least rewrite history in chronological order (but I'll never rewrite Danny losing like 7-0 or something both games against Wolfey it's too fun to make fun of him for).

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
buhhhhhh I always anxiously await your retelling of nats adventures, and this one did not disappoint! always love seeing pictures yet unseen rise to the surface for even more nostalgic fuzziness. I've realized I have a bad habit of naming any stuffed creature I hold near and dear to me, "Frank." whatevs

UGH THIS GETS ME SO MUCH MORE ANTSY FOR REGIONALS/NATS/WORLDS.

i can't fuggin wait to see all you guys again :heart:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I thought I named him Frank??? can't remember now

PS I WON UNLIKE TTS AND BABBYTRON
heh sorry, fixed

A correction, TRE's name is Jimmy. My name is Randy (this is TRE's brother btw).
Hey man! I didn't know you joined Smogon, good to see you around. Yeah, sorry about the goof, I had it right in the intros section but forgot to check the whole document. Fixed that too.

Excellent story, you all sound like a great group, a shame I didn't meat most of you. On one note I'd like to apologize for coming off as a sore winner, I didn't intend it at all and to be honest I hardly remember anything of the hours after nats at all, I just recall being in a stupor after playing TTS (arguably my most dificult battle all season) and not expecting to win at all, so when I lucked out I didn't really know what to say. Again apologies for coming off as an arogant git, not my intentions at all, and hopefully I can meet you all this year!
No prob man! I know how it is getting swept up in the moment. And when it comes to hax, it's not like you were wrong or anything. :justin2:

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Frank is just so fuggin adorable

also i am in love with this picture, Rushan and i ^_^

Firestorm we need more pictures together.

ANY WHO
DM i love the story and i love you. A+, would read again and probably will in the future

Oh man this was awesome, as a former Buffalo resident myself I swear to god when I was reading the bookends and you send "I had to get phiddlesticks good buffalo food" I thought pizza/wings the first time and Mighty Taco or Jim's Steakout the second time and LO AND BEHOLD. Makes me wish I had been there!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
proposing we at least temporarily move this to a 4m. I wouldn't have even seen it if not for jesus's post on facebook and I think this thread is more about the social aspect of Smogon as it is the VGC aspect.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good call. Made a permanent redirect in a 4m leading to this. But the social aspect of VGC is what makes VGC what it is so this is definitely the proper place for it!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
aaah! I will definitely BRING THE (bear) FRANK to Worlds, I will just have to grab him from my dad's place when I visit during Nats…. he hasn't made it to phoenix yet! I'll also be bringing FRANK (the shellos) and CHARMANDER of course!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Storytelling like nothing else DM, the wait was worth it and I have baited breath for whatever brief comments you have on the Toronto meet.

I still need to breed like 4 of my team members for VGC too, crap crap crap crap.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Oh man

That was a damn good read. Loved seeing the contrast between a person's real identity and internet persona.

It almost makes me want to come out of my motherland and join you guys. Almost.

DM, this is great, but bitch please:

The competition for the younger age groups got underway with vigor. We watched JRank’s televised match.

JRank didn't even get past R1 of LCQ. That was my match and don't you dare mix that up because I take (almost) all credit for that Fissure hit during that match.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
DM, this is great, but bitch please:

JRank didn't even get past R1 of LCQ. That was my match and don't you dare mix that up because I take (almost) all credit for that Fissure hit during that match.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, right! I forgot that we got to watch Fissure in action, JRank was just the poke's name. Fixed.

Now this is what makes me want to live in U.S.A. not Honduras where Pokemon is called ''picachu''.. I swear I have like a VGC-orgasm.. Meet Smogoneers, people, Fishy <3, Ninahaza. Why am I so poor..

A+ would read again

you have no idea how excited this makes me for this year.

(i was hanging out with caffwin before it was cool ok)

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Fantastic story! As an aside, I never knew Smogon was pronounced with a long o.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Fantastic story! As an aside, I never knew Smogon was pronounced with a long o.

Yeah, the great debate was finally ended on friday night (of nats 2011) when we listened to the pokemon rap in German in ET's room. Another one of my favorite moments from the weekend.

I don't feel worthy enough to comment on this thread.

Take all my Luvdiscs, fantastic fantastic read. Made me genuinely laugh all the way through.

Now the wait until the 15th will be even harder, hopefully I can meet Cybertron there, he looks like a pretty cool guy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)