Rain Moth

Rain Moth

Introduction

With the release of B/W 2, i've taken this team to a side, and I feel like it needs more love. This is a solid (imo) semi-stall team that I made with my tutor Grind Pantera a couple of months ago. It consists of a 4-member defensive core which removes all of Volcarona's counters and sets up / removes hazards to help Volcarona sweep. It also contains a Volcarona, which is my late-game sweeper, and a revenge-killer to counter the threats that could threaten the team. The team contains Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and a spinner. Finally, a slight amount of surprise rounds the team off.

At A Glance

In Depth

Politoed (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Rest

This set is a very interesting Politoed set, and my favourite defensive Politoed set by far. Politoed, as we all know, is pretty much a necessity on any rain team due to its ability Drizzle. With this set, I try to use Politoed to the best of my ability. Then purpose of it is to counter as many pokémon as I can with a single set. This is also the 1st part of my defensive core. Firstly, the EV's are the standard for any defensive wall; max HP and Defense. Bold Nature is also to increase the physical bulkyness of Politoed a bit more. Firstly, Scald is a STAB move, and lets me burn those pesky physical powerhouses (see what I did there), Ice Beam is used to check those threatning dragons (as I usually find that less experienced players switch their dragons on Toed), Encore is to check set-up sweepers which could trouble the whole team, and finally the combination of rest and a Chesto Berry basically gives Politoed a second life, making it way easier to win a weather war. It also makes Politoed a great status abstorber.

Bronzong (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
0 Speed IV's
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Bronzong definetely was one of the most underrated pokemon of BW. It can easily counter any dragon not named Haxorus under the rain, its amazing bulk from both sides of the spectrum lets it tank dozens of hits, its levitate ability lets it have a ground immunity that every other steel would love and it is one of the best Stealth Rock setters in the game. Plue, due to its low speed, a STAB Gyro Ball can do lots of damage, and it is a steel type that isn't complete Magnezone bait! What else could you want? (except reliable recovery, one of its few flaws). This is the second member of my defensive core, and helps Volcarona immensly as it sets up Stealth Rock and removes some of Volcarona's biggest counters; Dragons and Landorus. The EV's are designed to get both physical and special bulk, while also getting some nice attacking power for Gyro Ball. The sassy nature and the 0 Speed IV's also make Gyro Ball even more powerful, as these make Bronzong slower. Stealth Rock is used for the reasons posted earlier, Gyro Ball is the main STAB move here, and can do a lot of damage to many faster threats. Earthquake is a great coverage move, as it deals with opposing steels, mainly Magnezone. Finally, I use Toxic to cripple Walls and slow sweepers alike. I prefer Toxic to HP Ice since I personally feel like HP ice doesn't do enough damage.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Of course, any kind of team appreciates a spinner, and this team isn't an exception. Having one of these is especially useful when your main sweeper is a Pokemon that is Stealth Rock weak, like Volcarona. In rain, Tentacruel is a very viable wall as it has some great bulk and, with its ability Rain Dish, it can recover about 17% each turn, which is great! This guy also sets up Toxic Spikes, which is extremely useful not only for Volcarona to sweep, but to deal with Stall teams easily. He's the third member of my defensive core. Not only it puts up Toxic Spikes, but it also removes them due to its poison typing, which could be problematic for Volcarona. The EV's are the standard EV's for Tentacruel. 252 HP EV's, 240 Defense EV's and a Bold Nature are for getting the most physical bulk possible, as well as getting some special bulk with the HP EV's. Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin are pretty much necessities on any defensive Tentacruel set, and for goot reason, as explained earlier. Scald is the main STAB attacking move, and is pretty much a necesssity on any set of a Bulky Water. As I said earlier, it can cripple many Pokemon as Scald has a 30% chance of burning. Finally Protect is used mainly to get more health from Leftovers + Rain Dish, but can also be used to scout what more the opponent could have, or scout what item the opposing Pokemon has.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

This guy is probably the most valuable member of the team, and the second best member of the team imo. Its niche typing gives me some great resistances to multiple types that could hinder my team (especially Water), and lets me counter many Pokemon and playstyles that could also trouble my team (mainly offensive Volt-turn) it also resists both of my water type pokemon's primary weaknesses, grass and electric. Plus, it is a great rain user, as the rain neutralizes its ground weakness. This guy has multiple purposes, it can set up Bulk-Ups and act as a mid-game Finally, it's ability, combined with a Toxic Orb lets me recover a nice chunk of damage, while also serving as a great status absorber, though I have to watch out when switching this guy in for the first time, as the opponent can easily Scald/Will-o-Wisp me with the water types that Breloom loves to switch into. The EV's are the standard fare for defensive Brelooms. Since i'm already boosting my physical defense with Bulk Up, I can spend all of my EV's on special Defense and HP. With this investment, Breloom can surprisingly take many Special hits, which is great, especially against those rain boosted Surfs/Scalds. Spore is the main move on the set, as it practically renders one pokemon on the opposing team useless (due to the new BW Sleep Mechanics), which is extremely useful. Bulk Up is a great move. and lets Breloom act as a Mid-game cleaner, as well as getting a nice +1 boost in Defense which lets it take hits from the likes of Terrakion or Dragonite. Drain Punch and Seed Bomb are the main STAB attacking moves, and offer decent neutral coverage outside of flying-types (which Bronzong can deal with no problems). Drain Punch also has that nice boost of recovering some health when you use it.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technitian
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Scizor is what i'd call the "glue" of the team, it removes most of the counters that could case trouble for the team, like Terrakion or Starmie. Otherwise, this member is my main revenge killer and is pretty much the biggest "susprise" of the team. Even without a Band, a U-turn (which is the move that I primaraly use, as Scizor doesn't need priority as often as other sets) does a really decent amount of damage (it actually does OHKO a standard offensive Starmie). Except for the Scarf, this is your standard Scizor set. Technitian is an extremely useful ability as it lets Scizor have a great 90 BP Bullet Punch, as well as a 140 BP Bug Bite, making it the best physical Bug option for it. The EV's are quite simple; 252 EV's are invested in Attack to do the most damage possible without an Adamant nature, 244 EV's and a Jolly Nature and invested into Speed to outspeed base 120's as well as +1 Gyarados and Tyranitar, and finally, the remaining EV's are placed into HP and Defense since they are the remaining EV's that we don't need invested into the stats mentioned earlier. Bullet Punch and U-turn are staples on any Scizor set. The former is the priority move, and helps me revenge-kill other priority users, Pokemon who have boosted their speed or have a naturally high base speed and Pokemon that resist U-turn. U-turn is the most important move on the set. Since, unlike the CB set, Scizor is much faster, it normally doesn't get attacked first, making the use of U-turn much less risky. It also gets me have the switch advantage, which can be sometimes the crutial switch to Volcarona that starts the sweep. Superpower is the powerful coverage more, that I primarily use against steels that resist my STABs. Finally, Bug Bite offers me the chance to have a reliable STAB move, and gives Scizor the opportunity to late-game sweep if Volcarona fails. I don't use Pursuit as I feel like it's way to weak.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 180 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

Here it is. The star of the team. This guy is incredible. It's great typing, given that rocks are not up, lets it easily switch in on many OU threats, mainly most steels. Its good natural defenses also lets it set up on multiple walls that won't do too much damage to the moth, that Special Defense boost from the Quiver Dance also helps against special threats. With the appropiate counters gone, and the proper hazard support, this guy is a monster. Its ability to counter many threats in the OU metagame is incredible, and its lack of real counters when this moth sets up only one Quiver Dance lets it sweep whole teams incredibly easily. I often use Leftovers for the item, as there are scenarios where the opposing rocks aren't spinned, and the recovery from this item lets me recover some health from the 50% taken from rocks. Flame Body can be a useful ability at times if i'm lucky, as a burn can be very nice on physical threats. The EV's are quite standard for an offensive Volcarona set; 252 EV's are invested in Special Attack to get as much power as possible without using a Modest nature, 180 EV's are invested into speed to outspeed 176 Speed invested Jirachis and Salanences, as well as Max Speed Lucario. The remaining EV's are invested into HP since we don't really need more speed EV's to speed tie with only two threats, max speed opposing Volcarona and Salanence I much prefer getting a bit more bulk. Quiver Dance is an amazing move. With only one up, it can easily destroy teams with the proper team support. Bug Buzz is the main move here as it is benefited with STAB and in general does a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Hurricane is amazing with rain support, as it gives Volcarona a great attacking move, and eliminates a lot of threats, such as Virizion, Breloom or Terrakion. The 30% confusion chance helps, too. The final move is Fire Blast, which still does some nice damage to Steel-types. It also gives me a great answer to sun-teams, which could otherwise destroy my team is I lose the weather war.

Conclusion

So yeah.... that's the team. Again, I wanna say thank you to my old tutor Grind Pantera for making this team with me and for teaching me many things. Any constructive rates are appreciated and maybe you guys can rate how can I adapt this team to the BW2 metagame. Also it would be awesome if you guys lovedisc'ed this thread... this is the third time that i've been trying to post this thread due to connection problems, and writing this shiz up three times did take a lot of time... Anyways, hope that you enjoyed the team.

Importable

Politoed (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Rest

Bronzong (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
0 Speed IV's
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technitian
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 180 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

One Last Glance

Standard OU Offensive Threats
key - Black: Not a threat - Orange : Minor/intermidiate threat - Red: Big threat

Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Anything with those offenses that is carrying a Choice Band is a threat to any team. Luckily for me, Breloom survives any of T-tars hits and can Drain Punch or Spore back. Thankfully, it's not that common.
  • Choice Scarf - Breloom, Politoed.
  • Dragon Dance - The higher speed and the ability to change moves makes this one harder to deal with. Switch to Toed on the DD, Scald on the attack, then Rest, then Scald again.
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Breloom. Specs Hydro Pump can hurt, but I can play around it.
  • Support - This one is a bit harder to play around on at the start since you really cannot switch into Breloom safely due to Will-o-Wisp, but when Breloom gets its Toxic Orb up, it can destroy Rotom.
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - What team is weak to Scizor? Tentacruel, Volcarona, Politoed.
  • Swords Dance - Tentacruel, Politoed.
  • Bulky Swords Dance - Tentacruel, Volcarona, Politoed
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - See Tyranitar. I can play around it.
  • Dragon Dance - Politoed and Bronzong can usually deal with this pretty well.
  • Mixed - Who ever uses this anymore. No experience since i've never played against it.
  • Parashuffler - Politoed just creams this.
  • Rain Abuse - Bronzong.
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - Tentacruel.
  • 3 Attacks - Tentacruel.
Heatran:
  • Standard - Tentacruel, Politoed.
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - This guy is amazing and no team has to underestimate it. I first have to scout its moveset, then continue from there. If he uses Tbolt/Thunder + Flash Cannon/Psyshock, then Bronzong is the way to go, but if he's using Water Pulse, breloom can counter it pretty well.
  • Expert Belt - I have never ever seen this set, but it seems that Volcarona and Bronzong can counter it pretty well.
  • Choice Scarf - Bronzong, Volcarona.
Latios:
  • Life Orb / Expert Belt - Bronzong, Tentacruel for occational surfs. Scizor can outspeed and KO with U-turn.
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Bronzong. If he chooses to Surf, then I switch into Loom/Tenta/Toed.
  • Calm Mind - This one is a bit more troublesome, but Scizor can revenge-kill it.
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - This is why I love Bug Bite Scizor.
  • Offensive Trick Room - Volcarona and Scizor can merely check it.
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - I usually have to play around it. If he Outrages, I go to zong. If he EQ's, I go to Loom/Toed.
  • Dragon Dance - If this guy sets up +1, it's pretty much GG.
  • Double Dance - See above.
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - Politoed, Tentacruel.
  • Choice Specs - Tentacruel, Politoed can check it.
  • Special Attacker - Politoed, Tentacruel.
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Politoed, Tentacruel, Volcarona. Gotta watch out for the occational Scald burn though.
  • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Tentacruel, Politoed.
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Bronzong, Volcarona, Scizor.
  • Tinkerbell - Bronzong; Volcarona and Scizor are checks due to T-wave.
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Bronzong, Volcarona.
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance -
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
  • Substitute + Swords Dance -
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -
Starmie:
  • Life Orb -
  • Rapid Spin -
  • Choice Specs -
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker -
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster -
  • Choice Band -
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance -
  • Bulky Quiver Dance -
  • Chesto Rest -
  • Substitute -
Magnezone:
  • Substitute -
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind -
  • Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer -
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Mixed -
  • Defensive -
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive -
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
  • Substitute -
Breloom:
  • Bulk Up -
  • Sub Seed -
  • Sub Punch -
Latias:
  • Calm Mind -
  • Offensive Tank -
  • Choice Specs -
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Bulk Up -
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Nasty Plot -
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind -
  • Swords Dance -
  • Dual Screens -
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Bulk Up -
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth -
  • Mixed Growth -
  • SubSeed -
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock -
  • Agility -
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker -
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash -
  • Utility -
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker -
  • Focus Sash + Endeavor -
Darmanitan:
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser -
  • Choice Specs -
Abomasnow:
  • Choice Scarf -
  • SubSeed -
  • Mixed Attacker -
Alakazam:
  • Offensive Calm Mind -
  • Focus Sash -
Azelf:
  • Dual Screens -
  • Lead -
  • Nasty Plot -
  • Choice Band -
Azumarill:
  • Choice Band -
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker -
Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash -
  • Choice Band -
Empoleon:
  • Agility -
  • Choice Specs -
Gorebyss:
  • SmashPass -
  • Shell Smash Sweeper -
Kingdra:
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Rain Dance -
  • Choice Specs -
Kyurem:
  • Choice -
Victini:
  • Choice Band / Scarf -
  • Physical Attacker -
Stoutland:
  • Choice Band -
Smeargle:
  • Baton Pass -
Sharpedo:
  • Speed Boost -
Rotom-C:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -
  • Support -

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive -
Rotom-W:
  • Standard -
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard -
Politoed:
  • Defensive -
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Substitute + Protect -
  • AcroBat -
  • Defensive -
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive -
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive -
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker -
  • Specially Defensive Spiker -
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive -
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive -
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker -
  • Specially Defensive Spiker -
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk -
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter -
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes -
Gastrodon:
  • Tank -
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens -
  • Baton Pass -
Blissey:
  • Support -
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support -
Latias:
  • Support -
Bronzong:
  • Tank -
  • Dual Screens -
Swampert:
  • Defensive -
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker -
Slowbro:
  • Tank -
Quagsire:
  • Curse -
  • Specially Defensive -
  • Physically Defensive -
Cresselia:
  • Support -
  • Dual Screens -
Deoxys-D:
  • Bulky Spiker -
  • Toxic Staller -
Empoleon:
  • Specially Defensive -
Hippowdon:
  • Physical Tank -
Xatu:
  • Standard -
  • Dual Screens -
Wobbuffet:
  • Bulky -
Whimsicott:
  • Prankster -
Tangrowth:
  • Physically Defensive -
Sableye:
  • Prankster -
Porygon2:
  • Defensive -
Chansey:
  • Support -

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spe
76/4 = 19. 19 + 311 = 330. Volcarona is 4x Stealth Rock weak. Please keep track of your EVs.

i think u should really consider pursuit over bug bite on zor considering how weak u are to standard bulky spin mie (scald / psy / recover / spin).

also it looks like gyara can do a number on u just by subbing up and attacking so consider changing toed to the standard def set with scald / protect / toxic / psong. toxic will be rly nice for catching rotom on the switch and protect will help u scout troublesome variants like specs.

good luck!
Usually, most starmies stay in since they don't think that I scarfed and then I OHKO them with U-turn, but with Starmies that carry Scald, it's a bit harder. Actually, even with a 252 Hp / 252 Spe spread Starmie has a very little chance of being OHKOed from a Pursuit (42%-50% when not switched out), which is the main problem with it, it is quite weak. Plus, with what other Pokemon can I really use pursuit that my team doesn't cover?

However, I do agree that Gyarados is a big threat to my team. I think that my Toed set counters it quite well, but i'll test that set out.

Thanks!

bump bump bump.

even if you can't really rate, a bit of love for the team is appreciated! I would also love some ways to adapt this team to the BW2 meta. Rates are always appreciated!

Not much to say really the team looks to be pretty solid! Only a suggestion or two here.

1. Different politoed set

I like the one your using now, but I think a set with perish song could really help with setup sweepers. This is still a defensive set, but it also helps you screw over BP, and stop any setups. Lastly toxic is amazing since, you'll start wearing down walls, and pokemon early, so your volca can come in and destroy!

2. CB>CS on scizor

Choice scarf might seem like a cool idea, with the ultra fast u-turn, but scizors main move will proooolllly be BP, and that has priority. I would definitely consider testing it.

3. pursuit>bug bite

Why? Them lati twins, and alakazam. All three of those pokemon see a good amount of usage (I've been seeing A LOT more alakazams) and while your team can handle them to a degree, if bronzong gets tricked a choice item, or dies, then their is no great answer to them. Bug bites not really killing to much for ya anyways, might as well test out pursuit.

4. Substitue>fire blast for volca

This is my most tenuous suggestion. Substitute, could really help protect him from priority, and if for some reason he is forced to come in early, and theres pokes that can kill him, he can setup a sub on the switch, QD, then possibly kill that poke that used to be a threat! It would make your team a lot weaker to steels, but I think it's worth a shot, and could come in handy in a lot of different situations!

SET FOR POLI:

Leftovers Drizzle Bold
Moveset
~ Scald
~ Toxic
~ Perish Song
~ ice beam

Just some ideas, that I thought might be worth testing! Nicely built team!

Not much to say really the team looks to be pretty solid! Only a suggestion or two here.

1. Different politoed set

I like the one your using now, but I think a set with perish song could really help with setup sweepers. This is still a defensive set, but it also helps you screw over BP, and stop any setups. Lastly toxic is amazing since, you'll start wearing down walls, and pokemon early, so your volca can come in and destroy!

2. CB>CS on scizor

Choice scarf might seem like a cool idea, with the ultra fast u-turn, but scizors main move will proooolllly be BP, and that has priority. I would definitely consider testing it.

3. pursuit>bug bite

Why? Them lati twins, and alakazam. All three of those pokemon see a good amount of usage (I've been seeing A LOT more alakazams) and while your team can handle them to a degree, if bronzong gets tricked a choice item, or dies, then their is no great answer to them. Bug bites not really killing to much for ya anyways, might as well test out pursuit.

4. Substitue>fire blast for volca

This is my most tenuous suggestion. Substitute, could really help protect him from priority, and if for some reason he is forced to come in early, and theres pokes that can kill him, he can setup a sub on the switch, QD, then possibly kill that poke that used to be a threat! It would make your team a lot weaker to steels, but I think it's worth a shot, and could come in handy in a lot of different situations!

SET FOR POLI:

Leftovers Drizzle Bold
Moveset
~ Scald
~ Toxic
~ Perish Song
~ ice beam

Just some ideas, that I thought might be worth testing! Nicely built team!
1. As I said, i'll test different Toed sets.

2. Without the scarf, Starmie could just destroy my team, so that's a no.

3. Both of the lati twins can be easily dealt by Bronzong, as well as Alakazam. Plus, I don't think that Latias will take much from Pursuit. As i've said, I find Bug Bite much more useful. Since two people have suggested it already, I guess that i'll test it.

4. This is also a no, since as I said on the RMT, sun teams which have won the weather war would then proceed to destroy my team if I don't have Fire Blast.

Thanks!

Hey there lapras6666 nice looking rain team based around Volcarona!

Ok so looking over your team it doesnt have to much things i could suggest changing however Hp Ice>Toxic seems like a good idea on Bronzong. You said that Bronzong is your Counter to Dragons and Landorous but I see it as merely a check. After all you Bronzong cant do much to dragons or Landorous Back Except Toxic which in that case alot of Dragons carry Lum berry and Dragonite may carry Substitute. Also Gravity Landorous although rare will surely be on the increase soon can take out your Bronzong with Gravity+Earthquake. Hidden Power Ice helps you net Suprise Ko`s on Dragonite, Salamence and Landorous.

My only other nitpick is that you are running fire blast on Volarona in rain, seeing as its power is weakend in rain and Scizor and Breloom can handle steels pretty well I suggest Giga Drain>Fire Blast for the recovery you get coupled with Life Orb and the ability to take out water types trying to abuse your rain, like Jellicent. Also you are actaully suprisingly not walled by any steels except Heatran (which you are walled by even if you use fire blast) due to Bug Buzz hitting the Steels and Pyschoc daul types while Hurricane hits the common Steel+Bug combo

I hope I helped good luck with the team!

Sets

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Sassy| 252 Hp / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 Sp Def
Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / HP Ice / Earthqauke

Volcarona @ Life Orb| Flash Fire
Timid | 72 Hp/ 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Hurricane / Giga Drain

~Superpowerdude

Hey there lapras6666 nice looking rain team based around Volcarona!

Ok so looking over your team it doesnt have to much things i could suggest changing however Hp Ice>Toxic seems like a good idea on Bronzong. You said that Bronzong is your Counter to Dragons and Landorous but I see it as merely a check. After all you Bronzong cant do much to dragons or Landorous Back Except Toxic which in that case alot of Dragons carry Lum berry and Dragonite may carry Substitute. Also Gravity Landorous although rare will surely be on the increase soon can take out your Bronzong with Gravity+Earthquake. Hidden Power Ice helps you net Suprise Ko`s on Dragonite, Salamence and Landorous.

My only other nitpick is that you are running fire blast on Volarona in rain, seeing as its power is weakend in rain and Scizor and Breloom can handle steels pretty well I suggest Giga Drain>Fire Blast for the recovery you get coupled with Life Orb and the ability to take out water types trying to abuse your rain, like Jellicent. Also you are actaully suprisingly not walled by any steels except Heatran (which you are walled by even if you use fire blast) due to Bug Buzz hitting the Steels and Pyschoc daul types while Hurricane hits the common Steel+Bug combo

I hope I helped good luck with the team!

Sets

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Sassy| 252 Hp / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 Sp Def
Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / HP Ice / Earthqauke

Volcarona @ Life Orb| Flash Fire
Timid | 72 Hp/ 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Hurricane / Giga Drain

~Superpowerdude
1. Yeah, i'm probably gonna retest that, for the reasons that you said.

2. Giga Drain seems like a great suggestion, i'll definetely test it.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)