Chicken with a side of falsehood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gizmodo said:
Chick-fil-A Got Caught Pretending to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook
So apparently in a half-assed attempt to maintain their company’s shitty public image, Chick-fil-A is now having their PR team members pose as fake people on Facebook to talk positively about their bigoted company. This all comes in response to Chick-fil-A’s COO admitted to being anti-gay, which caused the Jim Henson Company to pull their toys from Chick-fil-A’s kids meals. In retaliation Chick-fil-A claimed the toys were pulled because of a “possible safety issue” (even though there are no safety issues filed to this day) because its a total fucking lie. This lie is something they are propagating with fake Facebook accounts of Chick-fil-a sympathizes. Not only was the company called out about creating fake user accounts on their own Facebook page, but they were revealed to be using stock photo images for their fake user accounts too.
I would hate for people to lose their jobs in this economy, but my gut feeling towards Chick-fil-A right now is that it needs to burn to the ground. What a sleazy company. And if memory serves me, isn’t lying something Christians are not supposed
Lol

source

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Never liked the food, now I don't like the people.

Nothing has changed for me at this point.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Foods too good for me to care honestly
Eh I used to feel like this but with everything that's happened recently, and me finding out where they donate a good amount of their profits just leaves me in the position where I'd hate myself every time I ate their food.

to me, what's interesting about this is that a lot of people are willing to boycott this chick-fil-a company for its good ol' american gay hate -- when companies like nestle literally enslave and traffic children in other countries...

I used to love spending all my dinning dollars on Chik-fil-a while I was in college. And those waffle fries omg. I wish I hadnt given up eating poorly :(

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
to me, what's interesting about this is that a lot of people are willing to boycott this chick-fil-a company for its good ol' american gay hate -- when companies like nestle literally enslave and traffic children in other countries...
I don't think those are as broadcasted as gay hate is. It's a step at a time. I'd much rather gay rights to go through now then deal with the other 100 issues going on in the country right now. One problem at a time.

Chick-fil-A's always had pretty conservative connotations, so the fact that their COO said that doesn't really surprise me. Imagine coming across that as the woman in the stock photo, though. God, that'd be creepy.

xenu

Banned deucer.
any proof that it was actually chick-fil-a behind the account, not just some troll? or is this just gizmodo being gizmodo again.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Threads like this are exactly why I left Reddit. Facebook screencaps and a quote from Gizmodo? Fuck that

And for the record I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A but only because there are none near me. It's obviously so good that people still gobble it up no matter how many jobless liberal 14 year olds on reddit rage about it, so they must be doing something right. Honestly I'd never even heard of this restaurant before people started dishing out self-righteous butthurt online, now I want to eat there.

I absolutely adored their milkshakes before they came out of their anti-homosexuality closet.

And now...? Yeah they're still delicious.

Fuck current affairs I'm getting myself a milkshake

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I guess some of you haven't heard of reputation.com? They advertise it on NPR all the time. All kinds of companies do this very thing every day. Why is it a problem when Chic Fil A does it?

xenu

Banned deucer.
I guess some of you haven't heard of reputation.com? They advertise it on NPR all the time. All kinds of companies do this very thing every day. Why is it a problem when Chic Fil A does it?
reddit's trying to spark another populist movement; it's just like the boycott godaddy thing that happened during the whole SOPA 'crisis', except now you have the mainstream media riding piggyback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)