Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Because the whole point of veiling something in secrecy is to draw interest from readers. Once you've gotten enough curious fans, you reward them by revealing what all the mystery was about.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just want to point out that if Tobi is Obito, than all he said about Akatsuki is a fucking lie.

Tobi claimed:

-He incited Yahiko to make Akatsuki
-He claimed he gave Nagato the Rinnengan

uh...

Nagato was one of Jiraiya's students, like from WAY back before Jiraiya wrote his book or ever met the 4th Hokage. Nagato also had the Rinnengan long before he met Jiraiya.

Obito "died" as a 13 year old student of the 4th Hokage, long after the 4th had been trained by Jiraiya and become the man, the 4th Hokage.

So if Tobi is Obito, time-wise, there is no fucking way he could have been the one to implant the Rinnengan in Nagato, unless Kishi is just fucking up time really badly.

Assuming time stays consistent, one of these must be true (basically):

a) Tobi cannot be Obito

or

b) Nagato obtained the Rinnengan naturally (or by some means not connected to Tobi)

Note that b) makes very little sense because let's face it-- there's no fucking way the Rinnengan will be appearing naturally in an Uzumaki (who remember, come from the Senju side of the family), when Kishi has put so much into developing the important connection between the Uchiha and the Sage of 6's eye powers.

So Nagato's Rinnengan has to be unnatural and SOMEONE had to plant it-- so if not Tobi, there needs to be another explanation. Which just doesn't seem to be in the works.

Or Kishi could just fuck trying to maintain the story's consistency. I'm guessing this is what will happen.

Also, I completely agree with TheValkyries that it's fucking annoying that every single character needs to have some justice (or rather "justification") for doing what they do-- they all have to be "right." It's just sooo unnecessary.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gee big surprise, Tobi is Obito.

Watch Kishi pull some bs like Tobi travels back into time to put the Rinnengan into Nagato.

Something that could sakvage this is that Orochimaru was the one who got Yahiko to start Akatsuki and put the eye into Nagato: Oro got to them far before Jiraiya. Oro was also the one who gave Tobi the eye and inspired his anti-Konoha stance. Still not a very good ending, but at least we'll know his motivation. This also creates the problem of when Oro "joins" the Akatsuki later on, but still makes a whole lot more sense than Tobi being the sole cause of everything.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
(my reaction to Tobi being Obito)

who would have guessed. I knew he was Obito, but I'm kinda shocked anyways. Maybe more happy than shocked

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chou, anyone can implant a MS into their eyes to obtain eternal MS, brothers just have the highest chance of it not being rejected by the body. Or at least that is what the wiki page told me.

REGARDLESS F U VADER I TOLD YOU I TOLD EVERYONE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS BEYOND OBVIOUS YEAHHHHHH

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's pretty gay though. The Kakashi gaiden was one of the saddest parts of the entire story. The whole Tobi being Obito thing ruins it for me.

I'd just like to point out how i was right about everything. Not really proud or happy since it's like shooting fish in a barrel with a rocket launcher.

Anyways, i'll just go ahead and reveal how he became bad/survived etc:

Tobi has the ability to time travel. Which is how he got the 10-tails body and Rinnegan. And how he gave it to Pain. But some hero, wouldn't he be able to save Rin in that case? Not if you assume that the past can't be changed and that Tobi actually ended killing her when he went back to save her. It is also how he met the real Madara and why he appears much older than he really is. SPOILER: This is also how Kishi will introduce the Sage of the Six Roads and how Naruto will meet him.

Why is he bad? Because Obito wanted to become the first Uchiha Hokage but when he found out how much hatred the Uchiha have towards the village he was shocked. He probably escaped by going back in time. When he came back Rin was dead. So it goes from there.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
some hero, that explanation makes no sense-- if Obito can time travel but can't change the past, then he couldn't have given Nagato the Rinnengan either...

That said, time Travel is the only way this even begins to make sense chronologically (and factually).

Also, how the fuck could they tell it's Obito by looking at his face considering that he looks... totally different...

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
tobi is sage of six paths inhabiting obito's body that he revived using his power over life and death

some hero, that explanation makes no sense-- if Obito can time travel but can't change the past, then he couldn't have given Nagato the Rinnengan either...

That said, time Travel is the only way this even begins to make sense chronologically (and factually).

Also, how the fuck could they tell it's Obito by looking at his face considering that he looks... totally different...
I'm assuming it was Kakashi who recognized him. What you said also shows how Kishi screwed up. Kishi is basically telling us himself that it is Obito because like you said they shouldn't be able to recognize him. Though the other side is that Kakashi had already figured it out and Obito was already in his mind and easily made the connection. Not like he saw Tobis face and instantly recognized him. He was prepared to make the connection. And third, what is the validity of those words in the last page? The "it is Obito" by the editor or something. Not Kakashi. Are those letters written as if by a spectator or an all knowing writer confirming stuff?

Either way, sorry vader, it is Obito as his personality is exactly what it should be after realizing the world is a cruel place. Not the personality of some ancient all knowing all around nice guy.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Also... where's the damage from the rasengan????? are you telling me the mask took ALL of it!?

(also in-alternate dimension naruto clone-- ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!!!

I am sorry for all of you who couldn't see how obvious this was.

WHOA THE FINAL ANTAGONIST BEING AN ANTITHESIS TO THE PROTAGONIST SO SHOCKING IN SERIALIZED STORY-TELLING I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE THAT TROPE ISN'T OVERUSED AT ALL REALLY

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I just want to point out that if Tobi is Obito, than all he said about Akatsuki is a fucking lie.
Yeah?

I honestly am willing to accept the answer that we don't know all of the information. I don't know enough to say whether Nagato's rinnegan was natural or not so I'm not sure how that will be reconciled, or if it will at all. It probably will though.

Also, I completely agree with TheValkyries that it's fucking annoying that every single character needs to have some justice (or rather "justification") for doing what they do-- they all have to be "right." It's just sooo unnecessary.
But it's not just Naruto that does this... it's the pratfall of TONS OF NARRATIVES. The writers just can't understand that sometimes evil is alien in nature, and can just be evil for evil's sake. This is why The Joker is such a good villain, it's why Darth Vader was still a fantastic villain in the first Star Wars movie. They're just evil. No rhyme or reason. Just evil. Sometimes simple is good.

In Naruto it makes sense, because Naruto is the collection of every storyline cliche you can implement, and having the villains be evil, but misunderstood is about as cliche as it gets.

Because the whole point of veiling something in secrecy is to draw interest from readers. Once you've gotten enough curious fans, you reward them by revealing what all the mystery was about.
Not really. Sometimes veiling the whole thing in secrecy is to make it seem foreign and alien so that it's evil is pure, and not confused by motives.

Seriously though, it cannot just be Obito. Can Obito be a part of Tobi? Sure, I don't see why not. Obito by himself would literally be impossible though. Half his body was crushed by a rock, you don't just regenerate half a body. There's a lot of fucked up Uchiha shit going on with him though. He could be like a specter that absorbs people he deems useful into his body (kind of like Orochimaru), which would explain his lack of a personal identity as well as his ability to display Obito's characteristics. I dunno, I'd have to seriously sit down and think this shit out for it to make more sense, but I can't believe that it would just be Obito under that mask.

EDIT: CANNOT UNREAD:

tobi is sage of six paths inhabiting obito's body that he revived using his power over life and death

This guy is exactly what a grown up Obito would be. Seriously guys! Do you guys expect him to still act like a child or something? After Rin dying and going through a war? This is exactly how Obito in that situation should have turned out.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
also is it really that unbelievable that Tobi would lie? I would consider him whimsical in nature when he was first introduced, and he's lied in the past (see telling people he was Madara). The "shell of my former self" can easily be him talking about how the ninja values that he once held so sacred are no longer inscribed in his body. We also can't forget that he didn't really go toe-to-toe with the 4th, he barely even beat the fourth and at that point he should be ~13 years of age, which at that point Kakashi and Guy were probably equally as tall as the fourth, I can't find the image right now though.

in a tl;dr kind of way: Tobi probably lied about giving Natgao the Rinnegan. Might be possible he has some Uchiha blood in him with his Uzumaki, might just be that the rightful successor of the Sage of Six Paths inherited more than the Sage really let on. THAT or the Uzumaki's are extremely lucky as a clan, having both of the "chosen children" coming from them ;)

Well at least it's seemingly being played straight for now, though god knows anything could be a twist at this point; sure it looks like Obito, but is it really?

About the only way I can see it happening is if somehow he magically activated his Magenkyo and half of his body wasn't crushed, but sent to the other dimension. Or I dunno, he can regrow limbs seeing how he's lost some before, and he bleeds oozy white stuff, maybe he's some faux Uchiha thing that was created. Who knows honestly...or rather, allegedly whoever Orochimaru is taking Sasuke to see apparently knows a lot of answers.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
its not that we expect him to still act a certain way, and to touch a little bit on what gabe posted (along with how you yourself have been posting some hero), the tobi reveal wasnt a big shock to many people. many made the connections and weren't "blown away" or "surprised" it was obito. this wasnt some revelation and anyone that carries himself around like it was and goes around repeatedly saying "i told you guys, see, i was sooo right. etc" should calm down a bit.

the ones that are finding a hard time with this are simply people with 1 major road block, and here it is:
anyone that has truly followed this show will (if not awhile back already) see many holes in the tobi being obito theories. Chou Toshio has pointed out some good/the obvious ones already. so its not that we couldnt see the obvious and are scratching our heads, its simply that there are too many holes in that theory when it is thought out from a logical stand point. 1 hole in a theory is enough to cause a negative reaction of "disbelief and concern" in people, so it should be no surprise that we are seeing such a reaction from some people (including myself) when in a situation like this where there are multiple holes in a theory such as the tobi=obito one.

please let us stop with the "it was so obvious, how could you not see it". "whats so hard to believe, etc"

that is why in the end all i had to say was
Kishi has some explaining to do, and he better not bs this around
i'm just going to let the old man lay it out and come up with my final thoughts on the matter when HE is done

Old man? Isn't he like in his early 30s?

@matthew, yeah other than time travel lies make the most sense. And really, i don't think him being Obito is that bad. If not him it would have been some invincible immortal or a random dude. I think all things considered Obito is/was the best choice.

Matthew

No Obito was for sure the best choice. He is a Naruto that went down a completely different road after seeing some different things. His ninja code is important to him, but how he goes about it is completely radical -- almost against his code, just barely. I'd honestly be happy if it was just Obito who was rescued by Zetsu for whatever reason and just started hating the fucking world. His eyes were released with two dots too, so he probably has some pretty strong eye power too, which explains controlling the fox.

I'm quite interested in how Obito morphed from the person Kakashi knew into "Tobi". I'm having a hard time connecting the carefree, incredibly loyal twelve year old boy to the person who helps eradicate his clan, comes to despise Konoha, kidnaps newborn children, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)