Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
There's your problem. You're using an old version of EonTimer. Get the one the guide links and use that instead. You should have no trouble getting your mon now.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ah, wait, that's the correct version (I'm used to the one that says beta). My suggestion to you then is to not use 59 seconds in Seed To Time and use something around 20-40 seconds. Any seconds value close to a minute is bad because you might hit a completely different minute if you screw up.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also, after looking at your recount, you said "At this point I began to use EonTimer and the whole RNG process with SS, changing the date and starting the timer when I changed the DS time to two minutes before the target time". This may be the problem. You set it to 14:28 instead of 14:30? Check your EonTimer and see what the Minutes before Time is.

Ok, do you mean Minutes Before Target? Right now it's on tab 4, Standard Mode, Calibrated Delay/Sec at 490/14, Target Delay/Sec at 1059/30 (as per your suggestion). Minutes Before Target value is 1 (in red) with 23:51 below it. Is this correct?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, the Minutes Before Target in EonTimer. Before, what were you changing your time to in your DS? It should have been 14:30 since MBT showed 0, now you have to set it to 14:29 since MBT is 1.

I see. So I always have to set the DS clock based on that number? Also, am I right in saying that the seconds value with the checkbox in the Seed to Times window is something that I get to choose?

Hm, I just tried it a couple times and I keep hitting delays with 14:59:29 instead of my target 14:59:30. The delay is always about 10 or 20 off from my intended target of 1059. Sometimes the call combo I get from Irwin leads me to 0 possible results. Is this just me needing to press A at the right time or is there a value somewhere in EonTimer or the Seed to Times window I should try changing?

I just checked the seed I got, and the call combo got me a result, but Raikou and Entei's route numbers in-game don't match the result I was given in the Seed to Times window. Are they supposed to match up or am I making another mistake somewhere?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
You may need to resave in this case, and input the routes of the roamers in the blanks in seed to time, then generate the results again, those should match up.

Resave the game or the Timer? If it's the game, should I check where the roamers are first or do I need to restart the game? Does it matter? By the way, I do have my FR version inserted int the GBA slot because I was hitting even delays earlier.

I checked off Raikou and Entei in the Seed to Times window and entered their routes, then saved and quit the game. After that I tried hitting my target seed several times, but each time I couldn't get a result from Irwin's call combos. At some point the box saying odd/even should match seed's delay was checked off, how did that happen? And I'm still confused as to what's keeping me from hitting the time (target second.)

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
-Are you absolutely sure you entered the correct routes?
-Odd/Even box should be left alone
-You can probably resave and redo again without entering the routes, the results shouldn't change that much

Again, you might want to show pictures of your new setup and tell us what time you're changing the DS clock to for a better response.

All right, here's another screenshot. http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p591/RuukaRiou/3542aa72.png

I'm absolutely sure I got the correct routes for the roamers, but in this screenshot I didn't enter them. I'm wondering, are entering the routes necessary at all, or are they more for precision?

For the DS, I've been changing the time to 14:29 and hitting A while starting EonTimer with what you see in the screenshot. Once the time is changed, I turn off the DS, turn it on, wait at the main menu, and start the game when the timer reached 00:00. Go to Title Menu in the game, wait until 00:00, and hit A. For this, should I hit A exactly at 00:00 or maybe a second later? I've been hitting A right when it hits 00:00, then I immediately call Irwin and see what call combo he gives.

Oh, and sorry in case I double posted, I accidentally hit the post reply button twice.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
All right, here's another screenshot. http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p591/RuukaRiou/3542aa72.png

I'm absolutely sure I got the correct routes for the roamers, but in this screenshot I didn't enter them. I'm wondering, are entering the routes necessary at all, or are they more for precision?

For the DS, I've been changing the time to 14:29 and hitting A while starting EonTimer with what you see in the screenshot. Once the time is changed, I turn off the DS, turn it on, wait at the main menu, and start the game when the timer reached 00:00. Go to Title Menu in the game, wait until 00:00, and hit A. For this, should I hit A exactly at 00:00 or maybe a second later? I've been hitting A right when it hits 00:00, then I immediately call Irwin and see what call combo he gives.

Oh, and sorry in case I double posted, I accidentally hit the post reply button twice.
14:58 if you're using Jan 1, 2012.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
EonTimer is saying "Minutes before target: 1". So you subtract 1 minute from the time given in Seed to Time. If you add 66.68 seconds to 14:58 you'll get 14:59:30.19 (the last .19 seconds doesn't mean anything here), which is the time listed in Seed to Time.

Oh yeah, I have to subtract one minute. Okay, thanks for the help. Let me try this again...

Ok, NOW I'm hitting the correct time and almost-correct delay. Thanks a bunch. Would it help me in this case to have Raikou and Entei checked off, possibly with their routes given?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It would help yes. Roamers take two PRNG calls at the start, unless they're placed at the same route they were at when you last saved. In that case it would use another PRNG call to pick again. So knowing where they were at when you last saved would help a lot, that way you can find your seed more easily.

Also if you're hitting the right seconds for the seed the Roamer method works nicely to see if you hit your delay or not.

I don't have Latios out because I already caught it, but I'm having no trouble with using Irwin. Again, thanks a bunch, I was able to hit my target seed. Let's see if I did it right...

And... it's Shiny! Thank you so much for your help everyone - it was worth it. :)

So I think I am having a similar problem to what Rukka was having, except somehow I have the wrong SECOND instead of the wrong MINUTE. I am trying to RNG the Lugia at Whirl Islands on HG. Since I can only use roamers here to confirm my seed, I thought I had hit exactly the right seed at first(corresponding to 19:33:11).

But when I caught it and saw its IVs, I didn't find them anywhere in the main window of RNG reporter. But then, after reading up a bit on the forums, I DID find those IVs on the seed for 19:33:12.

So is there an easy way to compensate for that on EonTimer (v1.6), or should I just pick a different seed and try again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)