Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a type chart/teambuilder (much like mariland) on the server, it would be extremely extremely useful in CAP (afaik there's no way to do type stuff with cap pokemon except for manually with excel which is annoying and time consuming lol) as well as being useful in other formats.

I'd like to see a type chart/teambuilder (much like mariland) on the server, it would be extremely extremely useful in CAP (afaik there's no way to do type stuff with cap pokemon except for manually with excel which is annoying and time consuming lol) as well as being useful in other formats.
http://veekun.com/dex/types

Veekun has it all set up for you.

(Manually in excel will take you a total of 5 minutes).

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Zarel and friends:

I find the animation of Icicle Crash misleading. Unlike Ice Punch, etc, Icicle Crash is a non-contact move, yet it's animated as a contact Ice move. It's more akin to Rock Slide, where the Pokemon uses its raw power to shake down Icicles from above.

ending anal mode... ;x

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a minor suggestion:

On the PO ladder when you click "Find Battle" there was a box that pops up with some options. One of the option was "Only battle players with a max rating difference of ___"

Is it possible to implement something like that to PS? Some option for this can be:
Battle players with a max rating difference of 100.
Battle players with a max rating difference of 250.
Battle players with a max rating difference of 500.
Battle anyone.

It's annoying facing alts with good teams that just started fresh. Lose to them and you lose around 30 points while only gaining 1 if you win. Too much pressure to keep a 10 wins to 1 loss ratio. :/

I apologize if I came on as a whiny bitch or if my suggestion was already post, I do not read the rest of the topic. Sorry.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a minor suggestion:

On the PO ladder when you click "Find Battle" there was a box that pops up with some options. One of the option was "Only battle players with a max rating difference of ___"

Is it possible to implement something like that to PS? Some option for this can be:
Battle players with a max rating difference of 100.
Battle players with a max rating difference of 250.
Battle players with a max rating difference of 500.
Battle anyone.

It's annoying facing alts with good teams that just started fresh. Lose to them and you lose around 30 points while only gaining 1 if you win. Too much pressure to keep a 10 wins to 1 loss ratio. :/

I apologize if I came on as a whiny bitch or if my suggestion was already post, I do not read the rest of the topic. Sorry.
At the moment with the ladder, for Overused and Randbats, the max rating difference starts at 200 and increases by 1 point either way every 0.6 seconds. With other tiers, IIRC it's a difference of 400 points either way.

From what I can gather though, the factor that causes you to gain or lose the most amount of points is in fact your deviation, not necessarily your rank compared to others (i.e. you gain more points on a fresh alt and this amount decreases over time). This serves to boost new alts, but also to somewhat reduce the amount you could lose due to hax later down the track.

But yeah, I do get your point; I have had the exact same happen to me and it really does get annoying.

1. A friending system, maybe.
2. Blue Gastrodon? ;_;
3. I really think we should have a Monotype tier, since its popularity is growing.
4. Reputation system, maybe to scan out trolls and people who have been disruptive on PS.
5. Maybe themes, to change the color scheme of PS per our preference, and maybe have something else besides a Meloetta on the chat page.
6. Again, "Battle players with a max rating difference of ____"
Yeah, that's all of my complaints.

When creating a team in Pokemon showdown, there should be an option to sort by generation. This would help, when doing tournaments. Also, could there be a random battle for specific generations? This would allow for more varied tournaments and easier to discover good Pokemon for each generation. I would love to get some feedback on my opinion, so please comment your opinions.

2. Blue Gastrodon? ;_;
3. I really think we should have a Monotype tier, since its popularity is growing.
4. Reputation system, maybe to scan out trolls and people who have been disruptive on PS.
5. Maybe themes, to change the color scheme of PS per our preference, and maybe have something else besides a Meloetta on the chat page.
I think these are all good ideas, especially a buddy list would be very useful sometimes. I like to "talk" to opponents and sometimes I meet nice people I'd like to rebattle but it's really difficult to find them again :/ And yeah, I could try to add them somewhere but I'd prefer to have a friendlist inside the showdown itself.

Monotype tier absence is another thing that just feels strange

Pertaining to the post about ties, I would like it if a moderator could force a tie too - I have often seen it when there is only one ~ or & on the server or none whatsoever, and sometimes the ones that are around are busy, afk, or won't respond in a hurry because they already have so many pms (or are doing a Randbat). Since there are always several moderators on I think that would help if they could also force ties.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
2. Blue Gastrodon? ;_;
1. This has been brought up several times. It would be nice, but as of right now there are more important things to worry about (DOUBLES). It just isn't on the priority list. Also, this site has a friendlist so you can ask people for their usernames here.
2. It was usable a while back, I think its implementation was a bit of an issue though.
3. Making new tiers isn't too hard (a bit tricky sometimes but not too hard), it's an issue of whether or not we have time.
4. NO. Reputation is the easiest thing ever to abuse and ends up with people giving out bad reputation because of a personal grudge or to troll a particular user.
5. Meloetta is PS's mascot, but changing the theme has been done before (ask Zarel how to do it if it's still possible).
6. See Mikel's post about this farther up the page.
When creating a team in Pokemon showdown, there should be an option to sort by generation. This would help, when doing tournaments. Also, could there be a random battle for specific generations? This would allow for more varied tournaments and easier to discover good Pokemon for each generation. I would love to get some feedback on my opinion, so please comment your opinions.
All minor things not really on the list of priorities (again, DOUBLES). More teambuilding sorting options would be nice, but the generation-based random battles just don't seem like a good idea.
Pertaining to the post about ties, I would like it if a moderator could force a tie too - I have often seen it when there is only one ~ or & on the server or none whatsoever, and sometimes the ones that are around are busy, afk, or won't respond in a hurry because they already have so many pms (or are doing a Randbat). Since there are always several moderators on I think that would help if they could also force ties.
This would be convenient but I have no say in this whatsoever.

I think I have something. I remember one time I had a link cable battle (3rd gen emerald) against friend many years ago when I first started playing pokemon. Instead of the normal battle music, it played the champion music. I know there are a lot of other priorities (I don't expect this to happen or at least any time soon since there are a lot more important things like doubles and triples), but it would be pretty cool if 2 people in the top 100 (or something like that) battled and it played the champion music instead of normal/rival battle music.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
With regards to theming: No one's made a theme for PS yet. It's also a bit early. PS is still in beta, nothing has stabilized, so if someone made a theme, it could be broken in a few weeks when I changed something. Probably best to wait until PS is nearly done before making themes.

Please can we add a friends list? I hate finally meeting that one person who doesn't rage quit and actually talks to you and I never see them again. It would help a lot of people out, and obviously show us that friends list for quick PM's and battle challenges. It would be much easier rather than scrolling through the thousands of players. To add to this and the multiple suggestions about the team builder, first off its amazing but its rather annoying when I put one of my Pokemon in the wrong place. Will there be an option soon enough where we can shift our team around in the team builder? For games like Hackmons and Glitches it really stinks when I put my Wonder Guarder in the wrong place. Thanks Zarel, and keep up the great work.

Please can we add a friends list? I hate finally meeting that one person who doesn't rage quit and actually talks to you and I never see them again. It would help a lot of people out, and obviously show us that friends list for quick PM's and battle challenges. It would be much easier rather than scrolling through the thousands of players.
1. This has been brought up several times. It would be nice, but as of right now there are more important things to worry about (DOUBLES). It just isn't on the priority list. Also, this site has a friendlist so you can ask people for their usernames here.

I would like to suggest a purely Non-legendary tier.

Rules are simple:

-Clauses/Rules same as OU.
-NO Legendaries of any sort (If you can't breed it, you can't play it)

That's it!

I know some people will hate on this, but it would be a pretty interesting tier. I'm just sick of every team I fight having Latios/Terrakion and others. I'm sure some people agree with me.
Why should Showdown create another tier to clutter the menu when you can simply enforce this rule through challenges on your own? More so, why not post this in the Other Metagames forum (besides the fact that the other threads just like it were deleted for the reason I stated previously)?

Could players on mobile devices please be able to make accounts? Right now I have no access to a computer, and can only use my iPod Touch. It would be very nice to finally be able to make an account of my own.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
May I suggest removing the 1 to 100 Level Cap on Custom Game/Debug Mode? It opens up some interesting possibilities which we at Other Metagames are keen to explore.

May i suggest making sure, that you change the team builder to incorporate Poke-gen or pokesav. So you could import Pokemon directly from your Pokemon-Creator software. If that would be possible, I think me and many other players would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
~Azar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)