Dota 2

More treant damage lol. Morph has his base attack speed back, lycan gets a little help jungling (although I don't know if it'll be enough) and sven and crit items take a bit of a hit. I like the patch.

gonna bump this saying I just got 6 keys today from Steam willing to give them out for free just pm me.
dont play this game though willing to give it up

I expected at the very least some minor Medusa buffs when she'd get added. She isn't as good of a hardcarry as she once was, before all the nerfs.

any aussie players wanna help me get better :(

i play with church friends and they are ok but not too easy to learn from

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If anyone wants to play come join #smogdota on IRC, the channel has only just started but we should all get together and play some dota :)

N0tail plays meepo very well, he used it a month back or so and was fountain diving towards the end. Been playing a ton against tusk lately, very easy to take him mid most of the time, and usually easy to lane against. Still, it's a pain when someone else feeds him, walrus punch is very strong if he gets a bit of farm.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I play meepo, and Poppy says he played it well in dota 1. The problem with meepo is that his power is very dependent on the opponent's lineup, and there are certain heroes he is completely terrible against (e.g. nyx assassin, bounty hunter, sven). He also needs experience very badly, and in pub games if you get stuck with some idiot stealing your last hits (meepo's base attack is only 42), you will fall behind in both experience and gold and be useless.

Before I started playing him I believed that meepo could be top tier in the right hands; unfortunately even when played well he is only decent. He is super fun though.

His micro in teamfights and ganks actually is not very difficult if you use the "select all other units you control" button in conjunction with good control groups and tab. The difficult part of meepo is farming multiple locations while keeping all the meepos safe. Wards and map awareness are very important.

If you want to get started with meepo I would recommend the following hotkeys. I play all of the so-called micro intensive heroes and this setup works well for all of them:

~: select all other units
1: select hero
2-5: control groups

In case you don't know, you can press the "select all other units button" then press tab-> w-> click a bunch of times to poof all of the meepos besides the primary one. This is very useful for blink initiation. Be careful though, the meepo you poof to is selected as soon as poof is cast, and blinking the primary meepo into the area where you targeted poof will not necessarily target the main meepo!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Apparently there is an option where if you press control then all units you control will perform the same action. I think n0tail's guide said you could use this to mass blink with all your meepos so you don't have to tab through them, but I haven't gotten this to work. It says ability not learned or whatever, does anyone know what's wrong?

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparently there is an option where if you press control then all units you control will perform the same action. I think n0tail's guide said you could use this to mass blink with all your meepos so you don't have to tab through them, but I haven't gotten this to work. It says ability not learned or whatever, does anyone know what's wrong?
I am almost positive that the ctrl clicking does not work with anything besides basic commands (move, attack target, etc), since if you have multiple units selected and press ctrl+Q it will cause them to do different things (and maybe one needs a target and one doesn't, or a different type of target; it could get messy from a programming perspective and a user perspective). I have tried ctrl + poof and it only sends the first meepo in the control group, so unless it was changed in the last month or so you have to use tab. I'll test it out later.

You should really have the ctrl clicking enabled anyway. It is quite powerful. You should also turn on double-tap abilities and turn off the option that adds newly created units to your current unit selections, if you don't already.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah I've had those on, I just don't play micro intensive heroes very often. Also, since you have 1-5 set on selecting units, what do you have items set to? Although I guess heroes that do need micro like Meepo and Chen don't really have a lot of item actives to worry about

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
There's a bind to do a 5-men poof with meepo, I suppose there isn't a legit way to do this otherwise they wouldn't bother creating that bind at all.

Anyway, for pubs, knowing how to split farm with Meepo usually is good enough to win, no need to try anything cool like dagger/travel. Get that level 6 and micro the clone to stack all the neutral camps while farming in the lane, when your wave gets too far, get back and clean the stacks with double poofs, repeat. Things will get easier when you get 3 bad boys. Needs proper support of course, so you better have a friend as a ward bitch.

TAY

You and I Know
yeah I've had those on, I just don't play micro intensive heroes very often. Also, since you have 1-5 set on selecting units, what do you have items set to? Although I guess heroes that do need micro like Meepo and Chen don't really have a lot of item actives to worry about
My items are F1 F2 Z X C Space

I came to dota from SC2, so I was already set on having control groups as 1 2 3 4 etc. In SC2 it was also common to have control groups for areas of the map set to F1 F2 F3 etc. so that wasn't difficult for me, though I never use items that have a target on F1 or F2. I previously used D and F, but had to drop them when I picked up Invoker.

Anyway, for pubs, knowing how to split farm with Meepo usually is good enough to win, no need to try anything cool like dagger/travel. Get that level 6 and micro the clone to stack all the neutral camps while farming in the lane, when your wave gets too far, get back and clean the stacks with double poofs, repeat. Things will get easier when you get 3 bad boys. Needs proper support of course, so you better have a friend as a ward bitch.
I don't think you necessarily need to be amazing with the travels since they're such a late game item, but knowing how to use blink dagger is a huge step up from skipping it, even in pubs. The added mobility and initiation are huge in both ganks and teamfights. It only takes a little bit of practice to get it down.

Also, I've found that I do OK with meepo with no support, as long as I get solo experience for a fast level 6. Shitty support is worse than no support, since then you get no farm and no levels lol.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Hmm alright, I'll mess around with this stuff.

Also, why is Windrunner sometime seen mid? I feel like she doesn't need levels, as pretty much no one gets her ult at 6. She also doesn't need a ton of items, and I don't see much hard countering another mid hero.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Oh right I forgot to paste the bind lol

http://pastebin.com/jr48fWuT

The imbapoof is the 5-men poof for massive burst damage, the second one is for dagger initiation (or shadow blade if you are not confident enough to use dagger), like TAY said, it's nice to master how to initiate after you get the basics. Don't worry you'll never get banned for using this, it's completely legal, just like using binds for rocket jumping on tf2 for example.

Hmm alright, I'll mess around with this stuff.

Also, why is Windrunner sometime seen mid? I feel like she doesn't need levels, as pretty much no one gets her ult at 6. She also doesn't need a ton of items, and I don't see much hard countering another mid hero.
She doesn't need ult indeed, but she needs those shackle and powershot up and running asap. Coupled with a solid escape, you pretty much always see WR solo. Teams sometimes put her to solo mid simply because she's versatile enough to do this, in situations like the other team banned your best options to go middle for example. Though WR is pretty much a jack of all trades, master of none. Regardless of what role you let her to do, she gets outclassed easily.

This is a public service announcement.

Are you doing well and buying levels of Dagon since Nyx is one of the only heroes that can use upgraded Dagon well?
OK, great, keep doing it.

Are you doing poorly and attempting to buy levels of Dagon since it's in Nyx's recommended items?
Stop.

Focus on items like these so you can actually do stuff (Scythe of Vyse should probably be bought regardless). You will be much better off disabling people than doing very little damage to other people and getting killed in retaliation.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you have a coordinated team i actually advocate a blink dagger immediately after mana-boots. it's that good.

not only is blink impale awesome, but blink with spiked carapace on is just obnoxious as all hell.

other fun items on nyx

ethereal blade
desolator
shadow blade

situational items on nyx
necrobook

unrelated:

im the lich

I actually never NEVER NEVER upgrade Dagon when I'm playing Nyx until it's really late in the game (or unless I feel like spamming #dagonop), and here's why:

Dagon 5 total cost is a whooping 7980. For 5200 (7980 - initial cost of dagon) you are doubling its burst damage and pretty much halving its mana cost and cooldown. And that sounds pretty fucking cool when you think about it...

BUT

Instead of spending 5200 gold on upgrading it, for 4900 gold you can get THIS thing

You get not only more raw stats out of it (10 int compared to the 8 int you gain from fully upgrading dagon, 7 more strength, and 40(!!!) agi); but also MOAR DAMAGE ON YOUR COMBO!!!!

Level 16 Nyx has 56 Agi (1 level of stats), which become 99 with Dagon 1 and Ethereal. So, your Ethereal blade active is dealing 273 damage, on top of decreepifying them; which in turn increases the damage of your abilities by 40%!

A Dagon 5 Nyx effectively has 641 (Vendetta + AA) + 260 (Spike) + 800 (Dagon 5 ) + 265 (Mana Burn (I'm assuming 53 INT. All heroes combined have an average int growth of 2.05, and I assumed 20 starting INT which is rather low, actually)) burst damage; so min 1966 damage, may be higher if your target has more int.

Dagon 1 + Ethereal Nyx deals 681 (V+AA; not amped of course) + 273 (Ethereal) + 364 (+40% Spike) + 560 (+40% Dagon 1) + 371 (+40% Mana burn, assuming 53 INT. Again, this one can go up); for a grand total of 2249 damage.

Keep in mind that, since Nyx is an AGI hero, your attacks will deal an additional 40 damage from the Ethereal Blade too. This on top of decrepify making you immune to autoattacks so carries won't three shot you. Spells will hurt like a motherfucker tho but you have Spiked Carapace for that ~

TLDR: Dagon 1 + Ethereal > Dagon 5 on Nyx

EDIT: Sorta ninja'd by Poppy but I has math c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)