Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these IV spreads would work best on a BP'ing Espeon? My proposed EV spread is 196 HP, 61 Def, 61 SpDef, 192 Spd.

NOTE: Some of the following IVs are ranges; I have yet to be able to get them down to an exact number.

Timid 23 / 8 / 28 / 31 / 0 / 31
Timid 20-23 / 20-23 / 0-9 / 31 / 26-27 / 30-31
Timid 2 / 5-9 / 25-28 / 31 / 28-29 / 30-31
Timid 24-25 / 5-9 / 25-28 / 31 / 20-25 / 10-12

Thanks!

How much Defense EVs are needed for a Gyarados to survive standard attacks from a Swords Danced Weavile. Keeping in mind that the Weavile is affected by Intimidate.
Weavile with +1 attack and Jolly has 508 attack. Ice Punch (his strongest move vs Gyarados) does 64-76% to one with no EV's at all, so it can never get OHKO'd. If you want Gyarados to switch in on a Swords Dance and get 3HKO'd, then you actually need near max HP (384) and a large 160 defence EV's to never get 2HKO'd.

Which of these IV spreads would work best on a BP'ing Espeon?
Have a little look at the Espeon analysis. Some of the contributors were recently discussing the answer to your question - it might help you out.

EDIT: Just realised you said IV and not EV hehe. As long as the speed is definitely 31, then use the 2nd one. Perfect speed and attack, with good enough HP and Special Def to tank with a sub up/+1 special def.

Have a little look at the Espeon analysis. Some of the contributors were recently discussing the answer to your question - it might help you out.

EDIT: Just realised you said IV and not EV hehe. As long as the speed is definitely 31, then use the 2nd one. Perfect speed and attack, with good enough HP and Special Def to tank with a sub up/+1 special def.

Okay, thanks! The low Def IV won't be a hindrance, though? Just want to clarify.

Sadly, no. You can take them out of the daycare constantly and keep the move you want to remember on the bottom of the movelist, say, every 10 levels.
I never knew that. So they get rid of the moves on top first?

Another question, what determines the Pokemon evolutions of the random trainers in Sinnoh.

You have to complete the Stark Mountain quest [including catching/defeating Heatran] for the VS Seeker trainers to have their final teams.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
does rapid spin still fail against subs?
Rapid Spin never failed against Subs. That was a Netbattle error.

I'm still not quite understanding why Vaporeon doesn't need his HP maxed out. I know its because of leftovers recovery, but wouldn't it be better to give it a higher HP that's still divisble for max leftovers recovery?
When you have really high HP, it's typically more effective to put EVs in defenses. If you have a lower HP base stat, that's when it's more imporant to put EVs in HP.

Say there's a team with a...Weavile and Starly.

The Starly has PokeRus, and Weavile is still EV training.

Suddenly, the PokeRus spreads to Weavile.

Here's the question: During the battle where the PokeRus spreads, are the EV's gained from the battle double the original (provided no Power items or Macho Brace) amount of EV's, or the original amount?

can tyranitar with sandstorm support survive an aura sphere from togekiss (standard)
Assuming max special attack, and minimum Special defense, in a sandstorm, Aura Sphere will do between 277-325. Assuming near minimum HP on Tar, that will be between 81%-95%.
so yeah it survives.

@ Syn. I think that they are Jolly, but I may be wrong.

Ok this is going to sound like a dumb question but I keep getting diff answeres from my friends. Does fighting a trainer give Ev's to pokemon?

EX: my chansey kills a trainers ponyta and gets exp. Does it get 1 speed EV even though ponyta isnt wild?

Also if my pokemon has macho brace and pokerus and a pokemon gives 2 speed EVs does it get 8 total? and 4 total with just pokerus?

Ok this is going to sound like a dumb question but I keep getting diff answeres from my friends. Does fighting a trainer give Ev's to pokemon?

EX: my chansey kills a trainers ponyta and gets exp. Does it get 1 speed EV even though ponyta isnt wild?

Also if my pokemon has macho brace and pokerus and a pokemon gives 2 speed EVs does it get 8 total? and 4 total with just pokerus?
Yes, fighting a trainer's pokemon gives you EVs (thus why a lot of people train with the VS Seeker).
Also, yes. You'd get 8 with both, and 4 with only pokerus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)