Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Drowzee has to put to sleep 3 gym leaders' strongest pokemon, and solo three other random gym leader pokemon. (not janine)

@Exbo, I'd like a scramblemon if, you're offering. Link is in my signature. Just no Drowzee or Onix, because I'm waiting for some clarity on their rules before I accept them.

I'll give you one in return. Check back in a few hours, and I should have something ready. Oh wait, sorry, I forgot I gave you one already. If you get desperate I could give you another?
> desperate
What a nice thing to say!

Take Desperate the Mismagius.
No, wait, not yet. Only when you become desperate enough to need Desperate, only when Brass tower is reduced to ashes, then you have my permission to scramble.

Desperate not posted but reserved. Reason: You don't state in op whether you catch or kill legendaries, and the challange I was about to give depends on that. What will you do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will accept another pokemon from you. As said before, up to 2 pokemon per person accepted.
Be original, give some backstory, no too many water types or any other overlap, OP in sig, hf!

@Recec

You get Traditional the Sycther. This Scyther want to honor the tradition of Gen I Scythers. Hence, it cannot evolve and cannot learn any moves it would not learn in Generation I. Have it solo 2 gym leaders of your choice, one in Kanto and one in Johto.

Good luck, and enjoy having no Bug type STAB! :P

Recec, take Support the Chikorita. By taking on a supporting role, Chikorita may never have more than one attacking move. Other than this attacking move, Chikorita must learn moves that have effects commonly associated with a support in an RPG. Therefore, it must have a move that causes indirect damage, a healing move (be it self-healing or healing another ally-Leech Seed may be used as either your indirect damage move OR healing move, but not both), and a move that buffs allies's stats. During solos, Support MUST use it's buffing move before the Pokemon performing the solo does any damage because that's just what supports do. However, Support wants to prove he/she is strong as well, so solo Pryce and Bugsy. Have fun with it.

OPTIONAL: Solo all other Gym Leaders whose Pokemon have a type super effective against Grass.

> desperate
What a nice thing to say!

Take Desperate the Mismagius.
No, wait, not yet. Only when you become desperate enough to need Desperate, only when Brass tower is reduced to ashes, then you have my permission to scramble.

Desperate not posted but reserved. Reason: You don't state in op whether you catch or kill legendaries, and the challange I was about to give depends on that. What will you do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will accept another pokemon from you. As said before, up to 2 pokemon per person accepted.
Be original, give some backstory, no too many water types or any other overlap, OP in sig, hf!
Funny how an innocent comment (I swear), can turn into this. Well my gut instinct is telling me that Desperate will be a much bigger pain in the arse if I do catch legendaries. So, yes, I will be catching legendaries.

Let me think of another good scramblemon for you. Check back in an hour or so.

@Recec

You get Traditional the Sycther. This Scyther want to honor the tradition of Gen I Scythers. Hence, it cannot evolve and cannot learn any moves it would not learn in Generation I. Have it solo 2 gym leaders of your choice, one in Kanto and one in Johto.

Good luck, and enjoy having no Bug type STAB! :P
Only gen I moves, in a Gen IV game... you're insane. And to think; I loved the Torkoal you game me in Emerald. </3 Challange accepted.

Recec, take Support the Chikorita. By taking on a supporting role, Chikorita may never have more than one attacking move. Other than this attacking move, Chikorita must learn moves that have effects commonly associated with a support in an RPG. Therefore, it must have a move that causes indirect damage, a healing move (be it self-healing or healing another ally-Leech Seed may be used as either your indirect damage move OR healing move, but not both), and a move that buffs allies's stats. During solos, Support MUST use it's buffing move before the Pokemon performing the solo does any damage because that's just what supports do. However, Support wants to prove he/she is strong as well, so solo Pryce and Bugsy. Have fun with it.

OPTIONAL: Solo all other Gym Leaders whose Pokemon have a type super effective against Grass.
Thanks, I needed an early game Pokemon. For the "buff's allies stats" move, does it have to buff allies, as in my team, so a move like Reflect, or can it just be self-buffing, like Gorwth, or can it be either? Yes, I'll accept, Support.

P.S. Thanks for ruining the Bugsy battle, I was just going to have Behemoth destroy him... but that would be too easy wouldn't it?

Double Post, but I really didn't want this to get lost, in my already text heavy previous post.

@Exbo
Well Jimera0 just broke my heart so, I'm in the mood for a love story.

Take <3 the Zubat
Most trainers that travel through Granite Cave, (or any cave ever, really) use Repels, or just run away from every encounter they find, this one particular Zubat, had been avoided for so long, all it wanted was someone to love, years of loneliness has made <3 rather clingy and desperate, but just think how happy it is to be a part of your team.

Now <3 is a bit of a hopeless romantic, so pick one team member for <3 to fall in love with. If this team member's health ever goes into the red, <3 will immediately switch in (unless it interrupts a different challenge, a true partner knows when their partner just needs to do something), also <3 is the jealous type, and will not let anyone switch in for this teammate. So if you want to switch to a specific Pokemon from this designated Pokemon, you have to go via <3.

If <3 becomes a Crobat, it wants to prove its undying love for you and your team, have it solo the next available: gym leader, e4, champion, rival, Wally or Magma/Aqua boss battle.

As the final kicker, if <3's love interest dies, he just moves on to another Pokemon in your team, immediately, and all the old rules apply again.

-Zubat named <3
-Pick a Pokemon on your team for <3 to love
-If <3's love interest's HP falls into red, <3 switches in immediately
-If <3's love interest wants to switch, they can only switch to <3
-If the love interest dies, <3 picks a new love interest immediately from the available Pokemon in your party.
-If <3 becomes a Crobat, have it solo the next available boss fight

Double Post, but I really didn't want this to get lost, in my already text heavy previous post.

@Exbo
Well Jimera0 just broke my heart so, I'm in the mood for a love story.

Take <3 the Zubat
Most trainers that travel through Granite Cave, (or any cave ever, really) use Repels, or just run away from every encounter they find, this one particular Zubat, had been avoided for so long, all it wanted was someone to love, years of loneliness has made <3 rather clingy and desperate, but just think how happy it is to be a part of your team.

Now <3 is a bit of a hopeless romantic, so pick one team member for <3 to fall in love with. If this team member's health ever goes into the red, <3 will immediately switch in (unless it interrupts a different challenge, a true partner knows when their partner just needs to do something), also <3 is the jealous type, and will not let anyone switch in for this teammate. So if you want to switch to a specific Pokemon from this designated Pokemon, you have to go via <3.

If <3 becomes a Crobat, it wants to prove its undying love for you and your team, have it solo the next available: gym leader, e4, champion, rival, Wally or Magma/Aqua boss battle.

As the final kicker, if <3's love interest dies, he just moves on to another Pokemon in your team, immediately, and all the old rules apply again.

-Zubat named <3
-Pick a Pokemon on your team for <3 to love
-If <3's love interest's HP falls into red, <3 switches in immediately
-If <3's love interest wants to switch, they can only switch to <3
-If the love interest dies, <3 picks a new love interest immediately from the available Pokemon in your party.
-If <3 becomes a Crobat, have it solo the next available boss fight
Recec, buffing as in the whole party.

The hardest part about this challenge is my OCD kicking in every time I see <3's name is actually not Love or Heart or some other word. Wordy kind of word. Recec pls

<3 *nearly* accepted. Some things I didn't unterstand:
1) Say <3's love (hereinafter TEST) falls to red. Can TEST be healed or does he have to immediately switch? Even if TEST isn't in the middle of something important but I am afraid of pursuit for example.
2a) Say <3 does switch for TEST after all. Can someting else switch or does TEST have to KO? I mean I know TEST -> TEST2 is illegal, but is TEST -> <3 -> TEST2 legal? Clarification: TEST is still in the red.
2b) Say TEST's health is still in the green, not in the red. Can i do this? TEST -> TEST2
3) The switching restriction is voided after <3 is a Crobat? Because you said "prove to YOU", not another pokemon.

Wait for Desperate!

The hardest part about this challenge is my OCD kicking in every time I see <3's name is actually not Love or Heart or some other word. Wordy kind of word. Recec pls

<3 *nearly* accepted. Some things I didn't unterstand:
1) Say <3's love (hereinafter TEST) falls to red. Can TEST be healed or does he have to immediately switch? Even if TEST isn't in the middle of something important but I am afraid of pursuit for example.
2a) Say <3 does switch for TEST after all. Can someting else switch or does TEST have to KO? I mean I know TEST -> TEST2 is illegal, but is TEST -> <3 -> TEST2 legal? Clarification: TEST is still in the red.
2b) Say TEST's health is still in the green, not in the red. Can i do this? TEST -> TEST2
3) The switching restriction is voided after <3 is a Crobat? Because you said "prove to YOU", not another pokemon.

Wait for Desperate!

I'm still accepting scramblemons by anyone who hasn't still given me two. Op is in sig, yadayadayada...
Preferably Hoenn pokemon, and with some backstory if you can :)
I like the Bannette line but I've never done a playthrough with them =3
Feel free to swap '<3', for 'Heart' or 'Love', or some other romantic word.

1) If you are afraid that switching will cause TEST to faint then you may heal, as <3 would not want to lose TEST, but if there is no legitimate reason not to switch, then you switch.
2a) TEST -> <3 -> TEST2 is perfectly legal in any and all circumstances.
2b) Sorry, but, <3 is the jealous type. He won't let anyone else switch in. It has to be TEST -> <3. I suggest picking a love interest with good type synergy.
3)The switching restriction still applies, this was just the only way I could think of for <3 to show his love to you.

P.S. Thanks for clearing that up Organisation Member XIV.

Derp, now that I think of it, he's already proven his love for me by evolving into Crobat but w/e. Thanks for the clarifications, Heart the Zubat accepted! As for you, wait for Desperate!

Recap of Scramblemons so far: 10 accepted, 2 more to go!
Zelda (Ralts) and Samus (Pikachu) - Shiruba
Kipples (Mudkip) and Sidekick (Shroomish) - Clutch
Clingy (Tentacool) - Inanimate blob
Blank (Solrock) - Unoriginal Name
Noise (Whismur) and Player (Wingull)- Dodgerr
Murum (Torkoal) and Heart (Zubat) - Recec

(Yeah I know I said in OP that I will start the challenge at 10 and stop accepting at 12 but they seem too few and with the additional scramble difficulty, quite some shit is about to happen. So I will start at 12 and will stop accepting when Hoenn runs out of routes. Editing OP soon.)

I'm still accepting scramblemons btw by anyone who hasn't still given me two. Preferably Hoenn pokemon, not many type overlaps, no too many solos and with some backstory if you can :) Op is in sig, yadayadayada...
I like the Banette line but I've never done a playthrough with them =3

Derp, now that I think of it, he's already proven his love for me by evolving into Crobat but w/e. Thanks for the clarifications, Heart the Zubat accepted! As for you, wait for Desperate!
You told me to wait for Desperate, and mentioned not starting til the Brass Tower burned down. So a bit of confusion on my part; are you not giving me Desperate's challenge until I get to the Burned Tower, or are you just telling me to wait?

I'm aware that no matter the answer I'm going to sound dumb for misinterpreting it but, meh.

You told me to wait for Desperate, and mentioned not starting til the Brass Tower burned down. So a bit of confusion on my part; are you not giving me Desperate's challenge until I get to the Burned Tower, or are you just telling me to wait?

I'm aware that no matter the answer I'm going to sound dumb for misinterpreting it but, meh.
Neither, it's just that I will probably take till tommorow to write it despite being online for other reasons. Not messing with ya! Btw, the earliest you can meet Misdreavus at is the Safari zone, for which you need to have completed the SECRETPOTION event.
After all, you have to constantly be reminded of it, because you must get more desperate! huehuehuehuehuehuehue
a Batman reference, for whoever didn't get it.

A question about Murum the Torkoal: By "Boss pokemon", do you count in admins as well?

Neither, it's just that I will probably take till tommorow to write it despite being online for other reasons. Not messing with ya! Btw, the earliest you can meet Misdreavus at is the Safari zone, for which you need to have completed the SECRETPOTION event.
After all, you have to constantly be reminded of it, because you must get more desperate! huehuehuehuehuehuehue
a Batman reference, for whoever didn't get it.

A question about Murum the Torkoal: By "Boss pokemon", do you count in admins as well?
"Boss Pokemon" does include admin's, basically anybody with a unique sprite.
And well, I look like an idiot now.

With chapter two complete, I have another member added onto my team, Warrior the Poliwag.

Gerard and I went on a stroll down from Violet into the wilderness, mopping up trainers, scoring numbers off some babes, and nabbing the Old Rod before reaching Azalea Town. We walked through the Rocket dudes in Slowpoke Well, and ended up with the super awesome Fast Ball from Kurt!! Yeah, you’re jealous.

I realised a bit after that that there was a spot of water before Violet City where I could catch a Poliwag, and so, after trekking back up to Violet, with more RL spamming getting done, I grabbed myself my second Scrambler. She was conveniently Jolly natured, so her attack was already better than special attack, except she didn’t have any physical moves, so her restrictions were yet to be able to be used. And so, sorry Dodgerr, but he used Bubble and Water Gun against a mountain of Geodude, Sandshrew and Onix to reach level 15 and finally receive… Double Slap. -.-

To stand a chance against Bugsy, I definitely needed Body Slam, and then I experienced the most sickening grinding of my life, Double-slapping level 4 Rattata and level 5 Zubat until I jumped up to level 21. Yes indeedy, it took a very, very long time. And that damn Supersonic (might be a lie) did not miss once.

But still, I finally received Body Slam, strolled in to fight Bugsy, and, after setting up Reflect with Gerard and swapping out, U-Turn instantly KO-ed Warrior. And so passed the greatest waste of time in the history of wasting time. I was just lucky that I had completely underestimated Gerard, and he proceeded to mop up Bugsy with the ever-trustworthy Razor Leaf.

Exbo, I praise you for insisting I use a starter.

Team so far

Gerard/Bayleef Male

Lv.26
Nature: Naughty
- Synthesis
- Reflect
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder
Item: Miracle Seed
Completely underestimated this young sir. Although it might not last for the whole game, for now he is my weapon, he must be prepared to be abused with that trusty Razor Leaf.

Warrior/Poliwag Female

Lv.21
Nature: Jolly
- Double Slap
- Body Slam
- Hypnosis
- Water Gun (Unusable)
Item: None
A fun concept-mon, but he needs a bit more power to make a real impact. Problem is I’m only going to evolve him at lv.35 due to having no previous fighting attacks, and that’s necessary for Poliwhirl if you look at his restrictions.

Dirt/Togepi Male

Lv.1
Nature: Didn’t look, will edit if I remember to
- Growl
- Charm
- Extrasensory
Item: None
Just hatched, isn’t a Scramble, just sitting on the bench looking boring.

Recec, it's time. Take Desperate the Misdreavus.

Desperate, many years ago, was a pokemon happily living inside Brass tower, in Ecrureak city. However, it all ended when it perished in the great fire. Desperate was not fortunate enough to be resurrected by the great Ho-oh.
Mainly because Ho-oh had to switch in and out of the tower to get his Regenerator going for each pokemon he resurrected but the collapsed floors counted as Stealth rocks. Poor little Misdreavus.
Anyway, it was then that Desperate turned into a ghost and wandered the lands of Johto in search of a new home. When you caught it it was desperate to go back to its old body. So you must teach it substitute asap and have it use it at all gym/rival/e4/lance/red battles it participates in. Can only evolve after the 3 lucky bastards Ho-oH revived legendary dogs are caught. Also it hates Ho-oh so it must be the only one to face him (kill or catch, the choice is yours)
Moveset restrictions: Substitute, and apart from that only ghost type moves.
Restrictions lifted after lugia is caught, because Misdreavus sympathises with the legendary whose home was lost. Now it happily enjoys the afterlife, bearing no grudges against Ho-oh :)

Sorry I couldn't come up with anything more dramatic. A mood killer, I know. glhf

Recec, it's time. Take Desperate the Misdreavus.

Desperate, many years ago, was a pokemon happily living inside Brass tower, in Ecrureak city. However, it all ended when it perished in the great fire. Desperate was not fortunate enough to be resurrected by the great Ho-oh.
Mainly because Ho-oh had to switch in and out of the tower to get his Regenerator going for each pokemon he resurrected but the collapsed floors counted as Stealth rocks. Poor little Misdreavus.
Anyway, it was then that Desperate turned into a ghost and wandered the lands of Johto in search of a new home. When you caught it it was desperate to go back to its old body. So you must teach it substitute asap and have it use it at all gym/rival/e4/lance/red battles it participates in. Can only evolve after the 3 lucky bastards Ho-oH revived legendary dogs are caught. Also it hates Ho-oh so it must be the only one to face him (kill or catch, the choice is yours)
Moveset restrictions: Substitute, and apart from that only ghost type moves.
Restrictions lifted after lugia is caught, because Misdreavus sympathises with the legendary whose home was lost. Now it happily enjoys the afterlife, bearing no grudges against Ho-oh :)

Sorry I couldn't come up with anything more dramatic. A mood killer, I know. glhf
I knew I should have just killed the legendaries. Well, because I doubt that Desperate would be able to go mano a mano with Ho-Oh, I might just KO it the first time, and catch it later... as for the dogs... ARGH! I'm going to have like 3 NFE's when I challenge the Pokemon League!

Another update for my Yellow Scramble.

Previous update Original post

There’s no way out of Vermilion City, with the exception of the way I came. The way east is blocked by an overweight Snorlax (yes, he’s overweight even for a Snorlax!), and the way north beyond the underground path is blocked by road construction. I have no choice but to take my team back to Cerulean City.

((At this point in the game, I go through Diglett’s Cave and get the Flash HM before returning to Cerulean. Just like with Cut on the S.S. Anne in the last update, Flash is cut from the main Scramble story.))

The way east from Cerulean, previously blocked by a police barricade, is now open, so I go that way. What I don’t realize is that it leads to the infamous Rock Tunnel. I had heard tales of people getting lost in the Rock Tunnel, and indeed I find several lost Trainers. Eventually I make it to the end of the Rock Tunnel and find myself north of Lavender Town. I stop at the Lavender Town Pokemon Center to heal my team and head west toward Saffron City, finding myself stopped by – guess what – road construction. Luckily, there’s an underground path leading to Celadon City, which I take.

Celadon City…how should I describe it? Something seems a little odd. I’ll find out what that is…after I challenge the Gym.

Ash (Lv31)
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave (unusable)

Random (Lv26)
Moves:
Splash (unusable and worthless even if I could use it)
Tackle
Bite (unusable)
Thunderbolt

Jacob (Lv24)
Moves:
Scratch
Sand-Attack (must open with and use every other turn)
Slash
Poison Sting

Dunkasaur (Lv30)
Moves:
Tackle
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed (must use at 50% HP vs. trainers)
Razor Leaf

Zod (Lv26)
Moves:
Poisonpowder
Confusion
Supersonic
Flash

Ok.
After the X&Y thread reopened, this one died. Pity.
As such, I started the challenge, waiting for 2 more mons will be a pain. Updates will be in dots, like notes. More detailed updates AFTER Wallace, Rayquaza and Steven have been defeated.
Pokemon so far:
Kipples the Mudkip, lv12
Careful
Water Gun, Tackle, Growl, Mud-slap.
Player the Wingull, lv10
Brave
Water Gun, Growl, Supersonic

Nothing happened of interest. Millionth generic introduction to the Pokemon world, naming my character, picking Kipples, killing that rabid Zigzagoon, trashing May, catching Player, still looking for Zelda, overleveling in the process.

I am still accepting pokemon, as long as they are not in OP (signature) feel free to suggest any. (Up to 2 per person)

Ok.
After the X&Y thread reopened, this one died. Pity.
As such, I started the challenge, waiting for 2 more mons will be a pain. Updates will be in dots, like notes. More detailed updates AFTER Wallace, Rayquaza and Steven have been defeated.
Pokemon so far:
Kipples the Mudkip, lv12
Careful
Water Gun, Tackle, Growl, Mud-slap.
Player the Wingull, lv10
Brave
Water Gun, Growl, Supersonic

Nothing happened of interest. Millionth generic introduction to the Pokemon world, naming my character, picking Kipples, killing that rabid Zigzagoon, trashing May, catching Player, still looking for Zelda, overleveling in the process.

I am still accepting pokemon, as long as they are not in OP (signature) feel free to suggest any. (Up to 2 per person)
WOOOOOO! Go Kipples!!

The Version of your game: Any game you want me to play basicly o_o...
Whether you can trade or not: I can.
Difficulty (Optional, otherwise, we assume hard): Hard.
Anything else (Like your rules, what you do/don't want to see, etc.): Have all games that I want to play, excluding gen 1 and 2... I do have HeartGold so I will count that as a version of Gold.

The Version of your game: Any game you want me to play basicly o_o...
Whether you can trade or not: I can.
Difficulty (Optional, otherwise, we assume hard): Hard.
Anything else (Like your rules, what you do/don't want to see, etc.): Have all games that I want to play, excluding gen 1 and 2... I do have HeartGold so I will count that as a version of Gold.
Take Advantage the Oshawott (yes, Gen 5). Advantage only has one challenge : he has to be able to hit super-effectivley or he can't fight against gym leaders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)